Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 10:19 AM
Default Object Defintion Rescource ID
Hello, I do hope I am posting in the right forum, I tried my best to figure things out on my own but eventually found myself at a loss.

While basegame books change into those cute little book-displays when you place them on a retail-surface, books from expansion/game packs won't change properly, they will only display the Mixology book-display. I would like to add a bookdisplay for the Herbalism skillbooks, so they actually show the covers of the Herbalism skillbooks. For that purpose I looked into the item tuning of one of the basegame skillbooks (intermediate Mixology), and the lines responsible for switching the model of the book into that of the book-display seem to be the following:

Code:
 <U>
                <T n="key">115768<!--displayComponent_Values_SmallQuantity--></T>
                <U n="value">
                  <V t="apply_new_value" n="geometry_state">
                    <V n="apply_new_value" t="set_to_custom_value">
                      <T n="set_to_custom_value">mesh_gS_single</T>
                    </V>
                  </V>
                  <V t="apply_new_value" n="material_state">
                    <U n="apply_new_value">
                      <V t="set_to_custom_value" n="state_name">
                        <T n="set_to_custom_value">Cover01</T>
                      </V>
                    </U>
                  </V>
                  <V t="apply_new_value" n="model">
                    <V n="apply_new_value" t="set_to_custom_model">
                      <U n="set_to_custom_model">
                        <V n="model" t="from_definition">
                          <U n="from_definition">
                            <T n="definition">84024<!--bookDisplayGENskill_01 (bookDisplayGENskill_01)--></T>
                          </U>
                        </V>
                      </U>
                    </V>
                  </V>
                </U>

My problem is the number 84024 which aparently refers to the bookDisplayGENskill_01, which is indeed the display matching the intermediate Mixology skillbook. From this post by @plasticbox I would assume that the number is the resource ID of the OBJD/COB of the object, but how do I get this type of number from an object? Scumbumbo's D3OI seems to only work with the extended debug information which apparently require some modifications to the gamefiles, which I am not entirely comfortable with. Is there some other way to get this type of number?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 11:11 AM
It's usually hashed from the name. Try seeing whether FNV32 or FNV64 from bookDisplayGENskill_01 becomes 84024 (which I assume is the decimal value ) after converting from the hex you get

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 12:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It's usually hashed from the name. Try seeing whether FNV32 or FNV64 from bookDisplayGENskill_01 becomes 84024 (which I assume is the decimal value ) after converting from the hex you get

Thank you! While it wasn't hashed from the name, running the definition ID through S4S's number converter did the trick. I tried it with a couple of other items too and the numbers always matched. I would have never thought of that. Thank you again.