Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#21551 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:50 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 31st Aug 2014 at 2:29 PM.
Default This is your brand new Sims generation, EA? With emotions? Woooow... *Clap clap clap*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?a=&fe...mbk&app=desktop

-Animations are still stiff-looking like Sims 2 / 3. Some animations are recycled straight from Sims 2 / 3.

-Mom's belly overlaps her skirt and hand. Sitting positions for both male and female are still same. No animations have been fixed, nothing new.

-Mom's facial expression doesn't look different as she is about to giving birth. I see she's not going to giving birth that fast yet but why the UI on left corner depicts her "not comfortable" but in-game live mode, she is playing her tablet like nothing-happening-robot-like-emotion ?

- With the brand new Sims 4 "EMOTIONNSS" I wished some change on Sims' behavior towards other Sims, such as when her husband seeing his wife "in uncomfortable mood" I expected ask his wife (at least have this option manually: Are you sick? / Are you okay?) Husband and child also don't know if the mother is uncomfortable/sick/unhealthy.
They happily chat to each other.

-Mom is now in labor, she is about to giving birth by looking at her holding her belly uncomfortably heavily breathing. Husband and child still don't care about the mother is going to giving birth. The teen boy also doesn't give a **** his mother is going to giving birth. Husband asks her when is the baby's due date. His wife is ended up with uncomfortable with her belly, having a conversation, then being angry. I don't know if she is having bad conversation with her husband or because (new game feature?) her husband doesn't know his wife is about to giving birth. Narrator says her husband is oblivious, doesn't know when his wife is going to giving birth that's what makes his wife looks not happy, and giving that sulking face.

-Mom is going to hospital by herself. The husband had this automatically going to hospital with her wife. I see their child and teen don't have that "Go to Hospital" option.
(Disappointing to see this newly new sequel of Sims doesn't have much animation option, such as helping a Sim about to giving birth to stand up from sofa, the Sim helper calls taxi/ambulance, the Sim helper carefully help her walking to taxi/ambulance, for example. But this Sims 4, strangely let her walking by foot go to non-existent hospital by herself then disappears rather than riding a taxi/ambulance. No vehicles. While in Sims 3 at least your Sim can have vehicles/riding a taxi)

-Congratulations you have a baby boy!! Name it then your baby is going to be dropped in your house by a second!!! Then BAM. Baby and his crib magically appears in front of the teen boy who doesn't care his mother is giving birth, doesn't care his newly little brother in front of him too. I see the teen and baby both gaining relationships but thats it? No animations of cheering up: Oh there is my baby brother! Go to his baby brother's crib to see his brother or something. But what he does is nonchalantly still holding a drink. How lazy.

-The baby Sim is delivered right there in the middle of your house rather than be brought by his parent from hospital.

-Yes the baby becomes more living than Sims 3. EA must be sick of getting "larvae baby" protests from their Sims community, so they improve the baby's look, giving hands, feet, smile, facial expressions. I read somewhere that Sims 4 treats a baby as an object rather than a Sim.

-Finally EA gave "breastfeeding" option. This breastfeeding is simply just holding the baby then censoring blur around Sim's chest so why this feature available now for Sims 4 only? This can supposedly be done on Sims 2 & Sims 3 base game. Is this breastfeeding censor blur seriously that hard????

-The child girl hiding in her blanket crying because new sibling is arrived. Why she is covering herself in blanket like Sims having wooHoo lol? Why EA don't let us players see the child is crying? Is animating a child crying on her bed is seriously that hard so they did "censoring" the crying animation by blanket?

-Lol 10:26 clipping glitch. The teen boy is passing through Cassandra's body. Although The Sims 3 is full of lags and glitches, while in-game the Sims don't pass through each other stupidly when Sim A is about to walking passing through to the front of Sim B. This Sims 4 clipping is seriously a fatal mistake.

My conclusion: Some new options menu are supposedly can be added on Sims 3 as an improvement, rather than making new game Sims 4.
UI depicts the Sim is Sad, Angry. Not uncomfortable, Inspired, etc but Sims in-game don't have that expression like the UI. I wished new Sims 4 can overlap the emotion in-Sim not just on UI, but reality, not. Animations are still same like Sims 3. Especially the sitting position. I can't stand the sitting position after era Sims 2, Sims 3, then this Sims 4 is still looking that stiffly boring. Sims actually show emotions like Mortimer seeing his teenage daughter Cassandra having flirty time with a boy, feeling "Oh it's cute" then runaway. Child girl crying when her sibling is came. Teen boy is having awkward time with Cassandra. The emotions are not new feature, Sims can display their emotions since Sims 2. But since EA call this new emotions animation with brand new Sad, Angry. Not uncomfortable, Inspired etc status on UI display Sim as a new feature.... Why family members don't recognizing a mother who wants to give a birth...

Quote: Originally posted by McNum
Well, in Japan, "four" and "death" is the same word.
(Warning! TV Tropes link, be prepared to spend way too much time if you click.)

Four in Chinese also shares the same word sounding with death. I'm glad I'm not the one who thought this haha. The Sims 4 = The Sims ____

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#21552 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:51 PM Last edited by Black Zekrom : 31st Aug 2014 at 2:11 PM. Reason: added censor to the image
Quote: Originally posted by Sigel
To the xxx pages of hate topic: Man, I´ve read so many pages of fun here!

To all people with depression who are afraid to go to doctor: Please go! These things will only get worse without proper treatment, there must be some way to find a good, kind doctor even in depression-rejecting country like Finland, like searching internet for references, finding forums dedicated to this (or starting a new one? There are some in my country and it´s working)? I wish I could be of some help, sorry that I can´t... I wish you all as much luck as there can be!

To TotallyJW: I don´t have CAS demo and don´t know how to reach gallery in other way (if it´s even possible), could you please share sexy Amber or navigate me to where I can see her? ´cause I´m dying to...

You want to see Sexy Amber? Well you're asking for it

NSFW obviously

=======================================================================

Just the video showing the MainMenu (Video Link)

Look at comment section...
Why everyone love the new main menu? it looks veerryyy BLAND to me

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Scholar
#21553 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM
What the hell why is sexy amber thin

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Field Researcher
#21554 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
You want to see Sexy Amber? Well you're asking for it

NSFW obviously

Oh, I thought there was some special one created by TotallyJW, with some special features, like Miley Snorus´ (hope I´m spelling it right) nose, but I see that´s not the case...
Thanks for enlightening me
Scholar
#21555 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:02 PM
Uh, I missed the live stream last night. Did anything new or good happen?
Top Secret Researcher
#21556 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
What I find more telling is that she removed her comment because EA complained to her. It seems as though EA snap their fingers and she obeys like an obedient lapdog. Gee, I wonder if LGR got an early copy too. EA knows exactly who they can use as their mouthpiece and who won't play along because they have a mind of their own.

Apparently now we can't even remove our own comment without being called a lapdog or accomplice of EA. Jeezus. Hate the game, hate EA fine. But don't start bashing someone who doesnt share your point of view like that.

Maybe its different there, but here calling someone a dog, even though is an expression is warrant enough to get them into fistfights. Even though dogs are cute and cuddly.
Scholar
#21557 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigel
Oh, I thought there was some special one created by TotallyJW, with some special features, like Miley Snorus´ (hope I´m spelling it right) nose, but I see that´s not the case...
Thanks for enlightening me
I did make a bunch of Ambers for the stream, though none of them are particularly sexy :P
Here ya go:

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Scholar
#21558 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
I did make a bunch of Ambers for the stream, though none of them are particularly sexy :P
Here ya go:

I need to find them

Edit: @TotallyJW: You're an Instructor now? Uh...how many posts did that take?
Lab Assistant
#21559 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:07 PM

Ignore the graphics for a moment, this looks way better and realistic than this bloom flowerpower Sims 4! Its a bit darker and the lightnings dear...

EA, what happened???
Field Researcher
#21560 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Never in my wildest dreams did I think Alexis would partake in propaganda, there has to be a monetary reward somewhere.

I assumed just traffic to the site (they do sell a bit of ad space) and increased standing within (certain parts of) the community. But I guess none of us really know.

I don't think it's unfair for one player to get the game before another, but the fact that this is the only site that's been allowed a review copy makes me even more suspicious about the game, and diminishes Sims VIP's credibility, at least in my eyes.
Field Researcher
#21561 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Here ya go:

Thanks, Pooltime with Amber rocks!
Scholar
#21562 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
Edit: @TotallyJW: You're an Instructor now? Uh...how many posts did that take?
Too many. #nolife

Manueldog, that does look much nicer. It's more crisp as well. The current graphics look very melty in comparison.

Field Researcher
#21563 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:13 PM
Uh, I missed the live stream last night. Did anything new or good happen?

Mostly the same old stuff. They went to the gym, threw a lame party, and the caterer put the cake on the floor (because 'her cooking skill must not have been high enough' ). They sent most of their sims off to do their own thing, presumably to disguise the fact that group activities such as eating together are hopelessly broken.

One positive was that the gym seemed more full of sims than we've seen in the past. I'm not sure whether they did something special to make it like that or have just been unlucky in other videos and pictures.
Scholar
#21564 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by GreenCats
Mostly the same old stuff. They went to the gym, threw a lame party, and the caterer put the cake on the floor (because 'her cooking skill must not have been high enough' ). They sent most of their sims off to do their own thing, presumably to disguise the fact that group activities such as eating together are hopelessly broken.

One positive was that the gym seemed more full of sims than we've seen in the past. I'm not sure whether they did something special to make it like that or have just been unlucky in other videos and pictures.

Oh, thanks! Do you have any links?
Mad Poster
#21565 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
-stuff about me being a do-do head

Please, bo back a few pages when I explained this. I believe you're taking the post out of context.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#21566 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:16 PM

Oh, thanks! Do you have any links?

No problem

A summary and links to the videos are on Honeywell's blog: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/
Scholar
#21567 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:18 PM
No problem

A summary and links to the videos are on Honeywell's blog: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/

Oh, thanks! I'll have to make sure to post my opinions here soon.
Lab Assistant
#21568 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:19 PM
When the game is out, I'm surely going to be so angry as I don't have a swimming pool.
... so I could drown Amber. And put out her ember.

EDIT// oops

What a "#weird" game!
Field Researcher
#21569 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:22 PM

Yeah, although, they travelled to the gym with a group of 7 Sims...

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Scholar
#21570 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:22 PM
Oh my God! I just found out that there are pen pal letters that you can send! Small, but something that I've (sort of) always wanted.
Mad Poster
#21571 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:24 PM
There, my post has been edited.

CAN PEOPLE STOP TAKING ME OUT OF CONTEXT, NOW? Nothing I wrote was meant to upset anyone - I was referring to an incident that happened a while ago. Please, stop attacking me thinking I attacked first. I didn't. At all.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#21572 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:25 PM
To be honest.. those "hidden" screens look (a lot) like sims 3. they don't have the plastic shine comi-chy look like now. i wonder if they didn't choose the special art look at first.. but something else. like.. follow the sims 3 aethestics...

edit:
Field Researcher
#21573 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:25 PM Last edited by BudgieSimBoy : 31st Aug 2014 at 2:40 PM.
I would like to apologize if my last post offended anyone before it was deleted it was never my intent to personal attack anyone, just a bit of humour that maybe I should of proofed read before posting.
Maybe time to pull my Big Boof head in
Theorist
#21574 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
It would give a little insight into her rant against IGN and why she thinks she's better than them. "Oh IGN you think your corporate offices are awesome compared to my exclusive sims news site that I do in my basement? I got a copy before you did so nanananabooboo! Whos the real gaming media now bitches!!!" *rides off in a motorcycle against the sunset while flipping the bird*

That whole rant takes on a new spin, now doesn't it.

She got up on her haunches and wagged her finger about Yibs getting a copy of the game a few weeks ago, only now to reveal that she had a copy for a short time in the name of information sharing.

Now nobody that is a fan of a Yib is going to call him / her out on this bullshit nor will EA. EA loves to leave loaded guns around so they can shoot themselves in the foot at some point and hey what do you know, they are teaching Yibs the same thing.

There is going to come a time when the fan girls and boys of Yibs are going to understand that they were being lead around by the nose and blatantly lied to. Forget all the crap in the game for a second. These kiddies are being lead to believe that Yibs are their friends and they should be trusted. Any of the kiddies that dare to step up and question such 'friendship' gets the hate speech which is already occurring. Alexis once again, wagging her finger because she she lied. Hey, yet again, something else EA does.

Spin, spin and more spin. More lies, whatever credibility is left goes in the toilet and more drama is in the immediate future.
Instructor
#21575 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:27 PM
Damn, just seen the Sims"VIP" backlash. Alexis got some issues.
Locked thread
Page 863 of 920