Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:44 AM
Default did the demo change your mind about the game?
i'm curious about if there's anyone who didn't want the game at first, but tried the demo and liked it. i'm still on the fence. i like the demo, but i don't like how the game looks like a pixar movie, graphically speaking.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 4:50 AM Last edited by lil bag2 : 13th Aug 2014 at 5:03 AM.
it ALMOST did. Just because I love the sims I've made so far. But then I remembered how empty the rest of the game is gonna be so I'm resigned to just recreating them all in TS2&3

I'm not gonna let a pretty demo blind me to EA's BS. My guard is still up.
Instructor
#3 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:02 AM
Eh, I always thought there was a decent game in here, just that there could have been a better one. Some of the decisions they made in the changes I can see where they are coming from and see that the new direction on what we have so far looks good. Not sure I am in the buy it boat yet, but I am more hopeful for this game. I would not be surprised if a few folks are reconsidering getting this game after getting a chance to actually play around with the stuff they have been talking about.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:05 AM
I really enjoyed the demo and I'm excited to see where they'll go with the full game.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:08 AM
I was like Lil bag2 some time ago when I first got the demo. It made me weak but when I read the releases, I get put in my right mind again.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:11 AM
well, at least if ts4's base game sucks.. we can say the demo was alright. pretty good, even in some peoples' opinion :p
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:12 AM
Nope. I was going to buy it anyway, and I still am.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:24 AM
Nope. The whole 'no toddlers, teens same size as adults' changed my mind from on the fence to Heeeeeell No. I actually love the CAS demo and am excited to remake a bunch of TS2 townies and premades so they at least resemble their original selves (an impossible task in TS3), but my adoration for the sim-creating tool in no way distracts me from the fact that they've ruined/omitted so much in the actual gameplay part (which IMO is the most important part).
Scholar
#9 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:30 AM
Heh. No.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:31 AM
I was slowly starting to go from 'wait for expansions and updates' to 'don't buy,' but with the release of the demo, my mind went straight back to the original plan.

I don't like how they removed some things, but the sims themselves are worth it, and I'm sure the removed things will be back in updates or a few expansions.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 5:40 AM
No. The demo is fantastic and I REALLY fell in love with my Sims 4 sims already, but a good - great, actually - Create A Sim won't fix the games issues. Until they do, I'm not purchasing.
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:13 AM
Totally, I suddenly went from get all sims 3 expansions to preorder sims 4. The sims (to me) are unique and diverse, I can't wait to play with them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:16 AM
i can just guarentee that toddlers will either be patched in, or they'll come in an expansion
Test Subject
#14 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:17 AM
Until they fix all the things I think are problems, I won't buy. And honestly the CAS didn't seem that awesome to me.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:22 AM
I like the demo, but it hasn't changed my mind about buying the game. There's too many things that irritate me which I know are just going to drive me batty in the full game. If anything its confirmed for me that I won't be buying it until its on sale and I can get it super cheap.
Alchemist
#16 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 6:24 AM
Because of the demo, which I did not like in the beginning, it's starting to make me climb back on the fence. I really, really need to see LGR do a review.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:33 AM
The CAS is actually one of the better selling points for this game. The problem is the game play lacks especially when looking at replay value. I don't think the game itself is awful as I said CAS and I think build mode will be strong parts for this game, but without better game play it isn't going to convert me. While I enjoy that sims can have better relationships especially relationships that are more realistic, there is still not enough to make up for the things I want. I might pick it up later, but for now no. I think this game will definitely appeal to some gamers, but just not me.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:38 AM
I have had the demo for a while. When I was first playing with it, I started planning out stories for the sims I was making. Then I gave myself a reality check and thought about poor missing toddlers and the fact that I wouldn't even be able to play with many of my sims because of the super tiny worlds and inability to make more worlds.maybe down the road when the game is deeply discounted and if toddlers are added I will get the game.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:48 AM
No. I had no intention of buying it before the Demo and still have no intention of buying it after messing with the Demo. CAS is the only thing that sounded interesting to me, but its extremely frustrating, and just reinforced to me that its still a horrible game and not worth the money.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:54 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 13th Aug 2014 at 10:29 AM.
Nope. If anything, it made me less enthusiastic about the sims, which was one of the few things I really liked. Getting hands-on and seeing how difficult it is to manipulate the faces into something that I like, and also seeing the sim animations for speech turned me off to it entirely. The ventriloquist puppet jaw-flapping is really unpleasant to watch as they speak, and really takes otherwise nice-looking sims and makes them look lifeless and downright creepy. I also appear to be unable to make a decent self-sim in the demo, like, at all. The sliders just don't go far enough, and I can't get the shapes right. I end up with a sim that looks like she might be a family member of mine, but definitely not "Hey that's me!" the way I could in previous games (I showed my TS2 sims to my kids and they fell over laughing that I had little pixel people of Mommy and Daddy on my computer - I guess they were recognizable!).

ETA: https://fellowshipofminds.files.wor...dummy.gif?w=500

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 7:59 AM
I quite like the CAS demo but there seems no point in making sims for a game that you don't want to play.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#22 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:42 AM
Yup. Now I know for sure that I won't buy it unless I find it in a thrift shop/for sale somewhere. I was getting tempted by the build mode, wanted to give it at least a chance. But then I got the CAS demo and started slamming my mouse against the desk about three minutes in. So yeah, I think I'm just gonna stick to TS2 and TS3, way more relaxing :P
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 8:59 AM
No, it frankly never was going to though. I like the new Sims but they completely borked the actual game.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:39 AM
I was already interested in the game and not overly interested in CAS, but I liked it. It was easy to use and easy to make a Sim quickly, which appeals to me no end. So, I'm more excited and can't wait to get my hands on the new toy.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 9:59 AM
I'm still on the fence. I really liked the demo for the most part. The push and pull method made me frustrated at first, but I got the hang of it. Still wish it was more in depth I guess, I want the nitty gritty. Oh well, it doesn't make me want Sims 4, I'm just keeping an open mind at the moment.

You should never come between a woman and her dream, and a man who never knew his place.

Livejournal
Page 1 of 5