Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:29 AM
Sims 4 takes forever to boot up.
Hi there! I've just installed my new graphics card yesterday, and I've noticed the boot up takes like 5-10 minutes. Before it would only take like 1-2 minutes. The other loading screen seems to be fine. And I did experience a crash not too long into livemode. I'd say three minutes and it crashed? :Disclaimers: I have 2GB of mods and CC. I have my graphics settings to the highest. My specs are: 4 GB RAM, graphics card: Ati Radeon HD 4890. Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 CPU 3.30GHz. 232 GB of storage space, no secondary harddrive. Anyone finding or figuring out solutions would be very much appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:14 AM
i would say the 2gb of mods and cc are the problem

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 4:45 PM
That's weird, installing a graphics card shouldn't make any impact. Maybe try updating graphics drivers? Also repair the game. 4 gb ram is not that much, but 2 gb shouldn't suddenly impact that game like that. What OS are you using?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
That's weird, installing a graphics card shouldn't make any impact. Maybe try updating graphics drivers? Also repair the game. 4 gb ram is not that much, but 2 gb shouldn't suddenly impact that game like that. What OS are you using?
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 8:05 PM
Have you tried updating the graphics drivers like Apsalar suggested?

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#6 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 9:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CowheadCow
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

Ah yes - update the graphic drivers, and make sure your windows is updated aswell. Also try deleting caches for the game, aswell as the windows chache (you can google how to do that). There's a cache for the graphics card that might be causing issues. Last thing you can try is to repair the game, or reinstall the game (remember to backup your saves etc.)

Simblr
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 10:11 PM
Hi there! I've just installed my new graphics card yesterday, and I've noticed the boot up takes like 5-10 minutes. Before it would only take like 1-2 minutes. The other loading screen seems to be fine. And I did experience a crash not too long into livemode. I'd say three minutes and it crashed? :Disclaimers: I have 2GB of mods and CC. I have my graphics settings to the highest. My specs are: 4 GB RAM, graphics card: Ati Radeon HD 4890. Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 CPU 3.30GHz. 232 GB of storage space, no secondary harddrive. Anyone finding or figuring out solutions would be very much appreciated.

There was a problem with load times and saved screenshots in the most recent patches.

Try to back up and move the files in:
C:\Users\PC\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots

Also make sure your game is patched.

SOURCE: http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-s...-sims-4-updates
Quote:
Update: 07/18/2016 – PC Version 1.21.37.1020 / Mac Version 1.21.37.1220
Fixed long load times on startup when many screenshots are saved

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 11:17 PM Last edited by CowheadCow : 29th Jul 2016 at 11:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
There was a problem with load times and saved screenshots in the most recent patches.

Try to back up and move the files in:
C:\Users\PC\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots

Also make sure your game is patched.

SOURCE: http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-s...-sims-4-updates

Okay! Thank you everyone for your brilliant ideas. I'll try every one of them and I'll get back to you all as soon as I can. Again, i really appreciate you guys helping me! :lovestruc (I'll try them one by one to see which one caused the problem) enough rambling, me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 12:10 AM
UPDATE: After one update, it had been fixed. The problem was that my graphics driver was outdated. AHH I'm so happy!! A gigantic thank you to @Apsalar and @siletka for suggesting that. I also can't thank enough for everybody that has suggested solutions! One more thing. I'm VERY paranoid about my graphics card or computer overheating. The fan is loud. Is that normal? Or is it supposed to be quiet and you can hear it a tiny bit with wearing headphones? Let me know because the last thing I want to know is that my graphics card has broken. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And have a great evening/morning/afternoon. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc: Midnight over here and if the world really ended, i'd still have the lovely taste of pizza.
Scholar
#10 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 11:18 AM
UPDATE: After one update, it had been fixed. The problem was that my graphics driver was outdated. AHH I'm so happy!! A gigantic thank you to @Apsalar and @siletka for suggesting that. I also can't thank enough for everybody that has suggested solutions! One more thing. I'm VERY paranoid about my graphics card or computer overheating. The fan is loud. Is that normal? Or is it supposed to be quiet and you can hear it a tiny bit with wearing headphones? Let me know because the last thing I want to know is that my graphics card has broken. Thank you, thank you, thank you! And have a great evening/morning/afternoon. :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc: Midnight over here and if the world really ended, i'd still have the lovely taste of pizza.

You're welcome.

Some graphic cards do have louder fans, but what you can do is check if your power supply is enough for your new card. There's usually a watt requirement for each card, so if your power supply has at least the minimum requirement then your card should be fine.

Simblr