Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:27 PM Last edited by Mia138 : 8th Aug 2010 at 1:27 AM.
Default St Mary's Mount
This is my Round 4 entry which uses NO CC.

St Mary's Mount stands just off the beach a little south of Twinbrook. Several decades ago it was a flourishing chapel, serving the families of local fishermen - baptising their babies, marrying their couples and buring their dead.
Now that the fishing industry has albut disappeared in these waters the chapel fell into disuse and disrepair and was bought by local Artist and keen fisherman Jed Worthington. Being a loner he loves the seclusion of the former chapel and the fact that it is cut off from the mainland for 10 out of every 12 months by the tides is an added bonus.
Living space is very limited and the luxury of a separate bedroom had to be relinquished in favour of a bed behind a curtain but at least that way he benefits from the large open fire on cold winter nights. He considered opening up a space in the rafters to make a small area for a bed but soon discovered a colony of rare bats (similus darkius) had already taken up residence and local conservation laws prohibited him from disturbing them.

Aerial Views

Interiors

Outside

My photographic skills havent really done this lot justice because of the angles and the size etc but I hope it gives you an idea.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:44 PM
Fantastic lot Mia! Really well done!
I love the atmosphere of the place. If only one things stands out to me though that could be improved upon it would be the ceilings. I just feel they should be wooden rather than the flat white to better fit with the feel of the property.
Either way, there is no way my entry is going to stand up to this. Or any of the other entries for that matter.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM
Wow Mia138.. That's amazing.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM Last edited by Mia138 : 8th Aug 2010 at 12:49 AM.
Thanks Menaceman, I'm so glad you liked it Its my favourite of my entries too.

I think you are right about the ceilings. I will go back and change them tomorrow as its almost midnight now and I've been working on this all day lol!

EDIT: Couldnt sleep so came back and redid the ceilings.

Thank you Kaospilot
Mad Poster
#55 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:27 AM
Much better with the worn wooden ceilings now. Bravo! Glad I could help too.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:54 AM
Default Evermore Cottage
Evermore Cottage
Located in the woodlands not far from Simalot Castle lies the quaint Evermore Cottage, owned by Lord Builds-Madly and his fiance Lady Sims-Much. After a number of years adventuring in far away lands at the behest of the King of Simalot they decided to retire with the modest hoard of gold they had acquired to this little cottage.

As his father was before him, Lord Builds-Madly is an accomplished carpenter and builder so he wanted to find a place out in the woodlands where he could ply his trade and build a family. Thus he and his fiance decided to purchase Evermore Cottage, a small rural abode set out amongst the trees with enough space for the Lord to build a stable and barn and for the pair to settle down and start a family.

Lot Details
2 Bedroom
Open plan kitchen / dining / living rooms
2 bathrooms
Decorative well
Small stable
Barn / storage building

Furnished - $64,154
Unfurnished - $44,959

Street View

Floor Plans

Note - To aid the judges (and make sure I don't get accidentally disqualified ) this last Floor Plan shows the foundation with a transparent overlay to show the areas I changed to deck and have obscured in places with rocks / trees / other objects to give the illusion that they aren't there. I did not change the foot print of the foundation but I wanted to mask a few spots a few spots that looked silly left as porch / deck areas.

Living Room
Kitchen
Bedroom

Bonus Shots

Small stable with complimentary hay, water trough and obligatory broken cart in the background!

Lady Sims-Much sits by the well, reading a book.

Lord Builds-Madly surveys his handiwork and prepares to build some fantastic wooden construction from the felled trees..

No CC used!
None at all, some free store objects used such as plants from the Earth Day set, Ivy from the Toyota / Renault Eco pack, wheelbarrow from the Harvest Bounty set and a few items from the Riverview town download.

Side Notes
As mentioned in the note above (see floor plan pics) I have obscured a couple of foundation areas with various buy / build objects in order to get the particular structural look I was going for, normally I'd just remove the foundation but since we can't do that I figured hiding it under huge objects was the next best thing :D.

Also for those wondering the chimney does smoke when the fireplace is lit, though the chimney itself is fake (because EA's chimneys are ugly and can't be recoloured)! It's a 1x1 box built from the roof level up with the top of the original chimney to provide the smoke effects (required some CFE and MoveObjects to get placement right), and the chimney running up the outside wall is also fake! It's really just a few carefully textured and placed Buy Mode objects to give the wall an illusion of chimney .
Space Pony
#57 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:47 AM
Feldynn: Coulddd you upload that when this is done so I can have it? I love it...it's like really cool.
Good job everyone (:
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 4:08 AM
Wow, only a few houses shown so far and already it is very clear this is gonna be one hell of a finish! Awesome work so far guys!
I don't know what it is about this foundation, but so far it seems it screams "old times" to a lot of us. I'm working on a two houses and the one I like best so far is also an old one. I still have a whole lot to do though, but the house itself is almost done.
Scholar
#59 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
I don't know what it is about this foundation, but so far it seems it screams "old times" to a lot of us. I'm working on a two houses and the one I like best so far is also an old one. I still have a whole lot to do though, but the house itself is almost done.

I'm actually done my house (and it's MODERN, for a change in my style), but I'm going to keep it underwraps until I'm convinced it doesn't need tweaking.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#60 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 6:44 AM
Default A Place with a Garden
A Place with a Garden

We've been looking for just the right place to raise a child. Somewhat open, with lots of fenced yard space for kids to play in and a garden. We only need 2 bedrooms right now but hope the place we find has enough room for expansion later, if needed.

We found this adorable little place! It has a mature garden in the back corner with lots of fruit trees and a pretty pond on the living and dining room side of the house with it's own little fairy watching the fish in the pond. We like that the pond side is fenced off from the play area so we don't have to worry about Mariska toddling off into the pond. Not a bad place for just 73,976 Simoleons!

There is ONE CC ITEM! - the little fairy statue.

Front:

Living Room:

Dining Room - with view of pond and landscaping.

Kitchen:

Bedroom:

Downstairs:

Upstairs:

Roof:

Ariel view of lot:
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:59 PM
The wizard house- home of Septimus Prince, cousin to Severus Snape.

Once upon a time there was a little papergirl named Susie. She was visiting her grandmother on the countryside. Her grandmother warned her from going too deep into the forest,” It´s haunted. Rumor says it was once a ritual place for druids. Ancient magic still have left it´s mark there. People have been lost in the forest, never to be seen again.”

One day when Susie was picking berries in the forest, she found an old overgrown path. Even thou she still heard her grandma´s warning echoing in her head, her curiosity overwhelmed her. She followed the path deeper and deeper into the forest. She felt like she no longer controlled her feet.

Susie had walked for hours almost like in trance, when she finally saw a little old house. She decided to knock on the door to ask for help. A man in weird clothes and piercing black eyes opened the door.

The last words Susie ever heard was, “Hm, a muggler. And I was just out of mugglermarrow to my potion. What a coincidence.”
The end.

Susie was walking to the front door.

Top view, roof

Top view

Living room

Kitchen

Bedroom

Incendio

Septimus Prince, cousin to the famous wizard Severus Snape.

NO CC.

Some store items.
Instructor
#62 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:00 PM
Porkypine, the house is very cute and so is the fairy, but is she really worth loosing the 10 points bonus for using no CC?
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:15 PM
porkypine - So cute!! That living room looks almost like a sort of a greenhouse/wintergarden with all those plants
Freja - Great theme. Interior is great. Love the character too! (even if it looks a bit like that Russel Brand :giggler

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:23 PM
I nearly used that very statue because I thought it came with the game. Further research shows that it did come with a game, Sims 2! So very beautiful, though. Shame EA didn't include it in Sims 3.

Amazing entries so far indeed. The bar's definitely has been raised.

Freja, that Septimus guy looks appropriately wizard-like! Poor girl... :P
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 1:25 PM
Thanks Kaospilot, Russel Brand is hot! I was actually making the character a long time ago as Severus, the way I picture him in my head before the movies. It is funny you think he is looking like Russel Brand because in my head Sirius Black is looking like him and I have tried and failed to make him look like him.

Thanks, BGatot!
Alchemist
#66 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:33 PM
Default Stormy Bay Lighthouse version TS3 - R4 entry
This is the TS3 version of the Stormy Bay Lighthouse I built long time ago for TS2.

It's fully furnished but pretty basic, even if nothing is missing in this loooovely nest.
Designed for a single sim or for a couple.

Tina, my testing sim, lives here fishing and writing novels.
She abandoned the running all over the hood searching gems or whatever, the job and carrier, competition and all that jazz and decided to get a more relaxing and nicer rythm.
Her days are generally quiet except for when friends come to take a sunbath or for a couple of hours of fishing in good company, while her nights are full of rumba and samba, the bbq is hot and friends dance and chat all night long ...
"Today is today, she says, you never know when Cylons will arrive huh? so what? let's drink and have good time."

No CCs
Store content, mostly free but also from pay sets.

Street view

Beach view

kitchen

living room

bedroom and study

main bathroom

last bonus pic, the sunset view

the plan - ground floor

the plan - upper floor

the plan - roof, light, cabins
Field Researcher
#67 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:08 PM Last edited by sandymdh : 8th Aug 2010 at 3:11 PM. Reason: addition
The Gatehouse

New on the market Sunset Realty presents this bijoux property steeped in history. The only surviving part of Sunset Valley Castle is the Gatehouse. Not only does it have a place in the history books, it contains some of the original furnishings from the castle and it also has fantastic views of the castle ruins. Originally sims would have passed through the arch to cross the drawbridge across to the castle.
The Gatehouse is decorated with antiques and the rooms reflect this style. It contains a cosy bedroom, lounge, a quaint kitchen and dressing/study area upstairs.
Beside the Gatehouse are the original Medieval style gardens, beautifully fragranced boasting a selection of roses and lavender.

(Translation;
bijoux = tiny
a place in the history books = scene of many bloody battles
views of the castle ruins = inaccessible and highly dangerous
original furnishings = 800 years of moths later
reflect this style = very old fashioned
cosy = no room to swing a cat
quaint = not been decorated in many years
medieval gardens = need to hire gardener or sacrifice your life maintaining them.)

First Floor

Ground Floor

Living Room

Kitchen

Bedroom

Medieval Gardens

Back View

Moat & Ruins

No CC used other than EA Store Items
Instructor
#68 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:20 PM Last edited by fragglerocks : 8th Aug 2010 at 3:39 PM.
Fireheart Castle

Features

-Moat filled with sharks, fire, and fire-breathing sharks;
Who needs a burglar alarm?
-Beautiful location surrounded by waterfalls
-Stable
-3 bdrm., 1 bath;
Sorry, servants must go by the river. Shovel and
dirt mound provided.

Francine Watergate was born into a wealthy family living in Sunset Valley. Her parents gave her everything she could ever want during her childhood, but as she got older they realized they'd never be able to give her the one thing she wanted more than anything - a handsome prince. She was just too cruel. To top it off she was completely insane! She was convinced that if she had a castle, her handsome prince would come rescue her someday. So her parents gave her that one last wish. Francine changed her name to Princess Anna Banana, and off she went
(along with a servant) up to Fireheart Castle. As the years went by, she waited and waited, but no one came. As the fires in her loi....er, I mean heart grew stronger, so did the magic in this castle. One day she noticed flames spouting from the water!

Ten years later, Princess Anna Banana passed on from old age. The fires continue to burn to this day, and some say the castle is haunted by Princess Anna Banana, who is still waiting for her prince.

Front

Overviews

There are many rumors circulating about the princess, but the most disturbing ones are about the way she treated her servants. Cruel would be a kind word for it! Word is, she kept the remains of the previous servant on display in the current servant's bedroom. Hey, she's lucky she even got a bed, so
maybe she should count her blessings before she is made to sleep in the leaky boat outside!

Kitchen, Living Area, and Royal Bedroom

Please excuse the quality of the photographs, as they are quite old. Yes, that is Princess Anna Banana herself you see in some of them! Too bad about her mental state, because she is quite lovely. She was always convinced she'd make beautiful babies, so she built a nursery in one of the towers for her future little princess. She was to name her Rapunzel, and she would never leave the tower!

Bonus Pictures

Thanks for viewing my 4th, and final submission!
-NO CC
-Base game and Ambitions
-store and buydebug

(Minor editing from this point forward, as I realized I still need the price of my lot)
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 3:33 PM
Hey HP, I don't think you got my post last round...I'm dropping out entirely. My life just got super busy. I'm sorry!
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM
Default Howgill Cottage
Howgill Cottage

When Bill and Betty Harris retired they move from they large family home to a small cottage to the east of the Lake District, in the foothills in the Howgills, so they could spend more time fell walking and gardening and hoped that the beautiful location would encourage their three grown-up child to visit more frequently.

The Living room

The kitchen where Betty can normally be found baking

The Main Bedroom

The guest room

The garden and view of the Howgills

and Finally the floor plans

ground floor

First Floor

£93,374 Furnished
£61.517 Unfurnished

No CC Used
Scholar
#71 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:11 AM
Default The Final Destination
Okay, so what kind of half-cracked robber walks into a house, right past the car, the television, the radio and the computer... to steal a bathtub???

This was the question Contest was pondering as he moved into the newest house in Sunset Valley, right next door. This one was a change from his previous occupancies - a small, modern abode covered almost wall to wall in windows. He would certainly save a lot on his electric bill.

The attached garage, much to Contest's delight, already housed a snazzy sports car - AND he could watch it while he ate his dinner in the kitchen.

Upstairs, Contest had a new loft-style bedroom, overlooking... well, everything. He could see his pond and his mountains out the back, his neighbours out the side and his yard out front. Yeah, robbers, try sneaking in NOW...

His bathroom was equally open to public scrutiny, but Contest didn't mind. After such an exhausting couple of days, it would be good to relax in a hot bath despite the neighbours' disapproval.

Well, maybe this wouldn't be such a bad place to settle down, Contest mused as he jumped onto his long-coveted treadmill. Plus, the pointy fencing might actually deter unwanted visitors!

And indeed, as the day drew to a close yet again, Contest was STILL in the same house. Maybe the SimGods were truly smiling upon him now.

1 Piece of CC used: Counter-height modular window from the ModernLine Window Set, by ModTheSims's hudy777
Instructor
#72 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 2:54 AM
feldynn I am wondering about the logs that are lying on the ground in your last screen shot. Where are they from?
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sookielee
feldynn I am wondering about the logs that are lying on the ground in your last screen shot. Where are they from?

I'm not sure which expansion they came with, but it's a Buy Mode item and (don't laugh.. ) a roof decoration . Should be under Decorations and Roof Decorations, there's a Dragon, a cross logs thing, air vent duck and a weather vane thingy too in there I think .
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:22 AM
Gail.wyness, wow, I for the life of me would've never thought of combining bookcases with counters. The end result looks great too! A very attractive little cottage. Marvelous landscaping as well! Wouldn't everyone wants to retire to such house someday.... Of course with a Bugatti Veyron or Rolls Royce Ghost in the driveway instead of an old Volvo... :D

Forevercamp, glass houses might save you money in cold climate, but in a hot, sunny place you'll be paying a fortune in electricity bills to run the air conditioning! :D
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#75 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:24 AM
I'm glad I got this submitted today. Web are leaving town first thing in the morning and won't have internet access for most of the week.

Thanks Kaos! Glad you liked the living room jungle. :0) And YES Oprah! That little fairy is well worth the CC hit! I'm not winning anyway - There are TOO MANY excellent arc-sim-itects in this contest! My last lot had a lot of CC because I can't load store stuff in my game. I'm in it just for the fun. :0) However.. Making these lots has convinced me to get busy mashing up some meshes for Sims3! :0)

Page 3 of 9