Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#20551 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJWSo
I guess we shouldn't expect there to be guns in the next Call of Duty because, hey, new game

....right?

I'd actually LOVE to see my best friend face if he opened his fav game and those guys started throwing rainbows and fairy dust at each other!

Him:

Me:
Advertisement
Scholar
#20552 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:44 PM
To be fair, I think that reddit poster is the alternate account of /r/thesims' main 'positivity troll', simify.
Field Researcher
#20553 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
But 9GB of what?

Recolors of clothing & objects.

Think of it as a preview of one's Sims4 downloads folder.
Field Researcher
#20554 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinn2
Recolors of clothing & objects.

Think of it as a preview of one's Sims4 downloads folder.

I wonder if it would take less space to just give us CASt...or a colorwheel. A watered down CASt. Anything. This game looks like it was designed by brutes. I barely see anything streamlined or tactile. It's all thrown together, and a hog of computer space.
Scholar
#20555 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
*Insert that mindblowing gif from Scanners here*
The lengths that some people will go to defend EA and this game...
So I guess we shouldn't expect there to be guns in the next Call of Duty because, hey, new game

....right?

Yep and we will all get Mass Effect 4 and there will be no aliens in the game despite it being set in outer space because its a new game and you can't judge based on previous Mass Effect games, and also Alice Madness Returns 2 will not have Alice in it as expected because its a new game .
Lab Assistant
#20556 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM
"Sim simma! Who's getting bored of the demo?" - Beanie man remix
Scholar
#20557 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:57 PM
When's the stream starting?
Scholar
#20558 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 6:58 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 29th Aug 2014 at 7:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
Yep and we will all get Mass Effect 4 and there will be no aliens in the game despite it being set in outer space because its a new game and you can't judge based on previous Mass Effect games, and also Alice Madness Returns 2 will not have Alice in it as expected because its a new game .

Actually, The Sims 4 will be Mass Effect 4. We have the Astronaut career and the RPG gameplay.

"Mass Effect 4" will have mass, but not effect. "We're re-imagining Mass Effect. Let's more clearly define the game. Mass."

(As you can see, I only know that Mass Effect is a space RPG.)

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Field Researcher
#20559 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishA03
When's the stream starting?

12:00 PST

Edit: Or 1 hour from now.
Field Researcher
#20560 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:05 PM
I'm hoping for a Sims-spinoff game with a dating theme, titled "Ass Effect".
Field Researcher
#20561 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000

Featuring new dance moves like the "Twerk" and limited edition pre-order Booty Shorts.
Scholar
#20562 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:07 PM
12:00 PST

Edit: Or 1 hour from now.

Thank you. I'll have to start re-posting my creations in about...fifty minutes.
Top Secret Researcher
#20563 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM
Featuring new dance moves like the "Twerk" and limited edition pre-order Booty Shorts.

Don't give them any ideas.
Forum Resident
#20564 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:14 PM
That'll only work if they use the right hashtag this time, IrishA03. :P
Scholar
#20565 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deestar
And imagine if they took that kind of logic to other types of products (Which, at the end of the day, a game is).
"Ugh you negative nancies. You just don't GET it, this car is not supposed to have wheels. Stop judging it based on past cars!!"

I'm fine with the people who are going to buy this game, as long as they own up to the fact that it has some serious problems. But people like her annoy me to no end. It's like they're trying to will the problems away or something.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#20566 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Someone tried to do a takedown thread of honeywell on reddit, didn't work:

http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/com...e_from_posting/

So happy the people on reddit had enough sense to teach that dude the error of his ways.

Honeywell is a more credible news source for anything sims related than the actual Sims website XD
Theorist
#20567 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Sorry, when I said "he plays MMOs that have clipping in them", I meant it as "the MMOs he plays have clipping in them", which in turn was supposed to indicate that not all MMOs do.

I know several MMOs that have full collision, and players utilize it for PVP advantage.

Ah... sorry misread that. Scanning so much to try and catch up. Yes, clipping in most MMO's is a reality and I've not run into full collision until ArcheAge (pardon the pun).. at least I don't think I have. It's a pain in the backside specially when you're in a timed quest and you're trying to run out of town and keep bumping into people and NPC's.

Back on topic... ok I'm ready for Sept 2nd. Got the drinks and the popcorn, candy and chips and the comfy chair. Let the games begin

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#20568 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:20 PM
I made you guys a couple of things for this boring Friday afternoon.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20569 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
Clipping is forgiveable unless you want sims to walk about with their arms straight by their sides all the time, and all have the same size bodies. But occupying the same point on the terrain, floor or objects I would have thought is a calculation error.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#20570 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Best_Leopard
That'll only work if they use the right hashtag this time, IrishA03. :P

My God, you stalker, who are you!

And uh, yep, I used the right hashtag. #ts4lb #thesims4lb and #OriginCASChallenge for my useless attempt at Morrigan.
Scholar
#20571 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...3/datamining/p2

Apparently, the list of ATI graphics cards in the detection files goes all the way back to 1992 (ATI Mach 32).

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#20572 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:26 PM
At this point, I'm not even sure there's gonna be any uproar when the game is finally released. I mean, if people are able to watch those livestreams and go "OMG MULTITASKING IT'S SO COOL SO MUCH BETTER THAN TS3!!! BEST GAME EVAH!!!" instead of seeing the bugfest and clipping (not a bug, but a feature! Improved routing!) that we see, wouldn't they be happy if EA sold them an empty box with "The Sims" on it?

After all, they didn't really use any features so they don't care if everything is gone/those needed to be removed, they were what made TS3 so awful and buggy and laggy!/clipping needs to be that way, else how would they have that amazing routing!/that sim isn't talking to himself not realising the other sim has left, he is MULTITASKING!!!
Field Researcher
#20573 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood

Apparently, the list of ATI graphics cards in the detection files goes all the way back to 1992 (ATI Mach 32).

It's like they tried to include every card ever made.
Field Researcher
#20574 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000

Actually, when Mass Effect 2 was released there was a funny post on Polycount by an animator complaining about how Miranda's butt was exaggerated and the pic was simply titled "Ass Effect".
Scholar
#20575 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood

Voodoo2 not supported, pre-order cancelled.
Locked thread
Page 823 of 920