Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#21526 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:27 AM
Oooh, that Bavarian/alpine world concept seems promising as a DLC.
But sure they can screw it up.

What a "#weird" game!
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#21527 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:34 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 31st Aug 2014 at 9:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
@applefeather2@mistressofcats@TheNest

Thanks for answering - for Sims 3, you could check or uncheck the box that they could collect information (but maybe they were doing it anyway?), so if it isn't optional anymore that's a permanent deal breaker for me.
From what I remember that option didn't really work. Even if you unchecked the box it would re-check itself again every time you reloaded. Maybe it was a bug and maybe it was fixed later, but I don't know, because I use AwesomeMod, which disables that function completely. I also read somewhere that there is an entry in your registry for this telemetry, so even if you unchecked the box in the game option the data collecting would still be on.
(This is what I found after a quick google search: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607212.page)

------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by GreenCats
It's like a caricature of sexuality. I don't have a problem with revealing outfits, but some of these sims look to me like villains from a Roald Dahl book.
The one on the left has a physically impossible top, an open top cannot really hug breasts like in the picture, unless one glued part of the fabric to the breasts' underside, while the blonde one looks like she has no breasts at all and enhanced herself with the help of two oranges.

Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
The devs decisions for this game have left me at a loss for months. Not just with the fear of anything that may be construed as controversial, but those Sims that all look perfect. Hell, even Amber, even though she's technically a plus-sized Sim, even Amber isn't unattractive or even average. They go out of their way to make Sims of different shapes and sizes, but the faces can never be less than perfection. Something pretty to look at. Something consumers would sleep with. Nothing average or even below average. (Except for the one ugly dude for the academy commercial, but he was so cartoonishly unattractive that he was a joke)
Well, you know, I would come to the same decision if I were part of the Sims team and charged with "listening" to the community. When Ambitions was released every other thread in every major Sims forum was about how "ugly" the pre-mades in Twinbrook were and the same happened with Showtime's town Starlight Shores; every other entry in mysims3blog shows artificial metal-wire hair, coiffed to some impossible perfection; and modelling competitions at the official forum are a huge success. Even I became convinced that the major part of Sims players are actually mainly concerned with the prettiness of their town and only transfer their Barbie experience to the PC. You cannot really blame the developers for answering to that by making the pre-mades pretty and attractive.

And as regards the Yibsims. It's kind of obvious now, I guess, that Maxis decided to shift their focus from corporate game journalism to the fansites. So, SimsVIP getting a pre-release copy is kind of logical. The game magazines have always largely ignored The Sims franchise, as if it was the black sheep of gaming and large portions of Sims players have no connection to the rest of the videogame world. You reach more potential customers by handing out pre-release copies to fansites and their almost cult-like followers. It's a sensible move, plus it's cheaper. The error lies with those that begrudge SimsVIP and all the possible others their copies, thinking that they are still "ordinary" people who play The Sims and wouldn't "deserve" this privileged treatment. They are not, they are just a new media outlet for one particular game. The only potentially "evil" thing I can see in that is that those fansites probably still run on a volunteer basis and so EA is simply exploiting them and they let themselves be exploited because "feeling special" might be payment enough for them, because they are mainly fans still and not properly paid journalists, I assume.
Inventor
#21528 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:20 AM
I haven't been here in a while but damn do those screencaps of the town that I'm seeing on twitter look awful. They look like chunks of plastic and remind me of a dollhouse from Fisher Price or something.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Alchemist
#21529 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:55 AM
They remind me of The Sims 3
Instructor
#21530 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoggoth
Good that you stayed with us, since this time dark side isn't sharing cookies. c;

Of course they're sharing cookies. They're just "flirty cookies" but you need to play musical chairs in order to eat them.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Instructor
#21531 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:26 AM
^When someone wants to blackmail someone, they should put them though hours of Sims 4 livestream.

That will make them break and tell the wanted information in no time.

Your avatars are always full of win. XD I'm loving angry Cersei.

Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim

What I find more telling is that she removed her comment because EA complained to her. It seems as though EA snap their fingers and she obeys like an obedient lapdog. Gee, I wonder if LGR got an early copy too. EA knows exactly who they can use as their mouthpiece and who won't play along because they have a mind of their own.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Field Researcher
#21532 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Here's another gameplay video of TS4, but there's an interesting toilet interaction at 1:48, "Take an Angry Poop". That probably has to do with this #EMOTIONS mayhem in the game, perhaps like how there's the option to "Pee like a Champion."

I... I... I genuinely thought this was some kind of joke and couldn't POSSIBLY be real. This is... I just... I can't... what... wahhh *dies*

I need to play some Skyrim. And Sims 2.
Scholar
#21533 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1
I... I... I genuinely thought this was some kind of joke and couldn't POSSIBLY be real. This is... I just... I can't... what... wahhh *dies*

Aw yeah Skyrim. :lovestruc

Sorry for being slow, but I just noticed that an annoying little jingle plays every time your sims change emotions. Why would they even.. as if it wasn't clear enough from the giant EMOTION label what your sims are feeling.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#21534 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Soapsim1

OT, but.. I've been playing so much Skyrim recently, it's not even funny anymore. Ah, I love that game.
Scholar
#21535 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:48 AM
Skyrim makes the world go around.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Lab Assistant
#21536 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
annoying little jingle -snip snap-

Friendly reminder

Do not forget the emotions change every second.

What a "#weird" game!
Scholar
#21537 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 11:54 AM

But yeah, I was actually wondering about that.. Does the jingle only play for the active sim, or for all sims in the household? I really hope it doesn't, because.. 8 sims + extreme moodswings ..

Lab Assistant
#21538 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:24 PM
It is said... that the jingles are actually souls of the disappoint simmers screaming..

What a "#weird" game!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21539 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:33 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 31st Aug 2014 at 12:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by virgalibabe
What I find more telling is that she removed her comment because EA complained to her. It seems as though EA snap their fingers and she obeys like an obedient lapdog. Gee, I wonder if LGR got an early copy too. EA knows exactly who they can use as their mouthpiece and who won't play along because they have a mind of their own.

That thread has been "fixed" with some special moderator tool that stops it coming to the top when there is a new post. It says time of last post 5:08 am (my time) but there are about 8 pages after that. I posted just now and it correctly shows me as last poster but not the correct time of last post. A very nifty idea for preventing accusations of thread deletion. And extraordinarily underhand.

Edited to add link to thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...viewers-cant/p1

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#21540 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:42 PM
...seems promising as a DLC.

Said about every Store content ever.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Mad Poster
#21541 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
That thread has been "fixed" with some special moderator tool that stops it coming to the top when there is a new post. It says time of last post 5:08 am (my time) but there are about 8 pages after that. I posted just now and it correctly shows me as last poster but not the correct time of last post. A very nifty idea for preventing accusations of thread deletion. And extraordinarily underhand.

Ah, I was wondering how they were keeping it down.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#21542 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims_Community
In which FullBuild did you find these screenshots?

Those were posted over at SimsVip.
The thing that's nice is that for the first time they seem to have at least attempted to make a truly dense town! Even though with a bunch of decorative buildings, but it's still something new.
And here are screenshots that were leaked long time ago, showing the Alpine world as playable and more polished:
Forum Resident
#21543 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I know that EA are cheap bastards and all, but it would be nice if anyone of us would actually try out the game, or read a review, before we get 862 pages of hate

I don't need to get shot to know I'd hate it.

Same thing...
Lab Assistant
#21544 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
-snip- The second photo

That's actually the third world I hoped they will release with the game becase it looked really nice, sadly it did not happen.
Scholar
#21545 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm
That's actually the third world I hoped they will release with the game becase it looked really nice, sadly it did not happen.
Maybe they're gonna release it as day 1 DLC :/

Forum Resident
#21546 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:25 PM
Man... Even Hannah from the Yogscast won't play it...

Guess that's a few sales lost...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Test Subject
#21547 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:25 PM Last edited by idleRAT : 31st Aug 2014 at 6:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones

Edited to add link to thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...viewers-cant/p1

Hah, I just saw your edited post there and was hoping you'd explained about it here. I'm inclined to think there might be some kind of automated system in place for threads that have been reported for certain reasons/a certain number of times that's doing that(vaguely useful while inappropriate content awaits mod attention or whatever, I guess) as another thread on that subject was just straight-up closed. It'd be weird for them to intentionally close one and let another go on unclosed(as in, I think it's waiting for a mod to get to it and close it like the other one, rather than thinking it's a mistake altogether). Just a theory obviously, and I could be totally wrong, but it'd fit with what I've seen of the forum so far - it seems like they'd rather add various posting restrictions for potential rule-breakers than more active moderators.

Annoying either way, of course, but one is inconsistent moderation and the other would be an obnoxious/overzealous "feature". I'd add it(whichever "it" actually is) to my moderation features feedback thread over there, but that's still awaiting approval.

This is the other thread I mentioned, btw: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...y-i-dont#latest

edit: aaand it's closed a couple of pages later.
Field Researcher
#21548 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
Here's another gameplay video of TS4, but there's an interesting toilet interaction at 1:48, "Take an Angry Poop". That probably has to do with this #EMOTIONS mayhem in the game, perhaps like how there's the option to "Pee like a Champion."

That would actually be awesome if you could just take a shit all over someone's floor, really expressing your emotion.

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
-Honeywell
Field Researcher
#21549 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:40 PM
To the xxx pages of hate topic: Man, I´ve read so many pages of fun here!

To all people with depression who are afraid to go to doctor: Please go! These things will only get worse without proper treatment, there must be some way to find a good, kind doctor even in depression-rejecting country like Finland, like searching internet for references, finding forums dedicated to this (or starting a new one? There are some in my country and it´s working)? I wish I could be of some help, sorry that I can´t... I wish you all as much luck as there can be!

To TotallyJW: I don´t have CAS demo and don´t know how to reach gallery in other way (if it´s even possible), could you please share sexy Amber or navigate me to where I can see her? ´cause I´m dying to...
Lab Assistant
#21550 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 1:47 PM
This isn't actually hate, it's just general negativity. And hey, it's fun too. What's the matter?

What a "#weird" game!
Locked thread
Page 862 of 920