Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#21701 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Dude, your voice is cool. If you don't like the deepness, you can at least be glad it's not the other way around. I thought I had a real smooth voice. Then I recorded myself playing Pokemon and oh dear god, I sounded like an annoying valley girl. T'was a dark day

I too recorded myself. I was just talking to the camera, as usual, and when it played back...I now understand why people always ask me if I'm "British" (and they say this imitating my voice most of the time) or American when they first meet me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#21702 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:08 PM
I'm from Florida. According to studies of American dialects, I don't even have an accent. According to various baby boomers, "pronunciation is lost" on me. Whatever that means.
Quote: Originally posted by fritome
sorry if this has been asked and answered but say you make a house or a room that you really like and you'd want to use it again on another lot, will it have to be put in the gallery in order to get again or is there a personal bin for things you create?

There's a bin.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Forum Resident
#21703 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Right. Your voices can't be worse than my unnaturally deep one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQ3i9ul4j0
(though I blame this on the shitty mic I was using)

lil bag, I absolutely LOVE your voice! Deep voices are sexy!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#21704 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:09 PM
So...does anyone know if there's a Sims Live Broadcast today and what time it will be starting? Thanks!
Field Researcher
#21705 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:11 PM
To my knowledge, there cool accents and uncool accents. British is in, scottish is in, australian is in, canadian is in

Danish is out out out

Hopefully a New York accent is in, because try as I might, I apparently still have one xD Especially when I say the word Orange. It's not like I have the city accent, just certain words like dog, coffee, York, and orange sound like dawg (guttural), cawfee (guttural), Yawk (guttural), and ahrange (nasal).

Quote: Originally posted by UltraLoser
So...does anyone know if there's a Sims Live Broadcast today and what time it will be starting? Thanks!

A little less than 1 hour from now.
Scholar
#21706 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
-Burn the friendzoning sims in a fire.
Is friendzoning an actual thing in the game?

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Field Researcher
#21707 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM

One of the showcased new families has two men and one women friendzoning in the same house. Based on New Girl or something. Makes me want to die.
Mad Poster
#21708 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:13 PM
This one was scarily spot on for me. It even named my city O___O

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_americ...you_really_have
Lab Assistant
#21709 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:14 PM
OT- WHAT TIME IS IT WHERE YOU ARE? ITS 1:14 P.M. WHERE IM AT. oops sorry about the caps. on topic, my hubby pre-ordered the game for me last week so im hoping its fun.

Pancake Bob for President!
Instructor
#21710 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:15 PM
Yeah, microphones distort my voice as well. Remember singing a song and recording it years ago. When I played the recording, I was terrified. No more singing for me.

According to some website I found on StumbleUpon, every person has three voices - the one they use for thinking, the other they hear while speaking, and the one everybody else hears. If everybody hears what I heard that day, I will not open my mouth again XD
Scholar
#21711 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats
One of the showcased new families has two men and one women friendzoning in the same house. Based on New Girl or something. Makes me want to die.
Grooaan.
I approve of your list, by the way. That douchebar needs to burn.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Field Researcher
#21712 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
Lol Yeah I'm the second guy

I think your voice sounds nice. I like deep voices. When I was little, my grandmother recorded for me fairy tales from Slovakian radio, so I could have good night fairy tale even when there was no one to read me one, and some of them was recorded with actor with very deep voice, so whenever I hear deep male voice, I remember that sweet falling asleep while listening to my favourite fairytale.
Forum Resident
#21713 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
To my knowledge, there cool accents and uncool accents. British is in, scottish is in, australian is in, canadian is in

Danish is out out out

Well, now you're just making up excuses!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#21714 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:21 PM
I don't know what they were thinking when they introduced these childish and uber-fantastic jobs. Space ranger and space pirate (or smuggler)... Seriously, are they fucking kidding us? No they aren't, because that's not all; there also are "eSports players" AS A JOB and super spies. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Field Researcher
#21715 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM
This one was scarily spot on for me. It even named my city O___O

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_americ...you_really_have

Oh God, that was scarily accurate for me xD
Instructor
#21716 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iwillnotbreak
Is your voice the second one that comes in a little later? That *is* deep! /swoons

100% Agree, @lil bag2, you're voice is hella sexy. At first I was really confused. "Why does he sound like a white dude"? Then you're voice kicked in and all became clear lol. I'm not trying to offend nor be insensitive here but on average African-Americans have a deeper voice than Caucasians. I hope people don't take me out of context and call me a racist. I don't only have a thing for accents but I noticed that I'm heavily drawn by things like cadence, slang, pitch and many other things... :lovestruc

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
Forum Resident
#21717 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:23 PM

If you imagine it, it is.

Sims now have Romance bar and a Friendship bar or something like that. So you can be someones friend and not be romantically involved.
Lab Assistant
#21718 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:23 PM
Grooaan.
I approve of your list, by the way. That douchebar needs to burn.

but if the douchebar burns down then where will all the douches (bros) go get a drink at?

Pancake Bob for President!
Field Researcher
#21719 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
but if the douchebar burns down then where will all the douches (bros) go get a drink at?

They'll burn, too.
Lab Assistant
#21720 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:25 PM

Danish is out out out

As far as I know, German is out too
Scholar
#21721 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:26 PM
chreai - Heh. I just really don't like my accent. It makes me get really nervous whenever I have to speak in english, and I'll start stammering and stuttering and subconciously interjecting every other sentence with "like" (hence, annoying valley girl).

Hopefully a year abroad will fix that, because it really makes me sound like a tool.

Lab Assistant
#21722 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:26 PM
Accent rants:
Danish, swedish, norwegian and finnish accent go all into the same box. Blocky english. It is funny to listen to. :D
For me a very thick french accent is impossible to even understand.
German accent is sex to ears.
Russian Is hilarious, in a good way - I love it.
Indian one, the stereotypical one. Love it.
British and Scottish ones - Awww yiss.
American one - Too many people speak that, haha. :D
Asian ones, I think they are cute. Sometimes hard to understand.
Yaay Accent diversity!

I have been told that I have sometimes american, sometimes British, sometimes Asian and sometimes German accent.
When my "actual" accent should be Finnish blockly accent. :o This is because I talk to a lot people and I take what I like from how they speak.

Sims rants:
This made me think of that in TS4, I think, they did a really good job with the voices. I really, really like them. Points to EA for once. owo

Also, adding to this utterly Off-topic post, some more OT:
I have been playing some sims 1 and alot sims 2. Those games are so difficult when compared to sims 3.
My babies have been taken by the lady in the black dress 2 times already. Luckily I am not playing Legacy challenge, time is running out.

It is saddening how the new Sims games' biggest challenge is to maintain your social status. (I'm not meaning the relationships.)

What a "#weird" game!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21723 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Perhaps Inge and I should do a LP.

I'm not actually intending to buy or play the game tho, so that might be difficult

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#21724 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM

Solution: Burn down the douchebar while all the bros are inside.

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Test Subject
#21725 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:29 PM
Polish TV has officially broadcast the ridiculous song-commercial. The end is near.
Locked thread
Page 869 of 920