Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#21776 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:50 PM
I watched the video of those two Sims getting married and got angry at the YibSim.

'In The Sims 3, you can queue up a bunch of actions and have them do it but now it's [more detailed and in-depth]." Lie. In TS3, repeating the same actions back-to-back will cause the other Sim to get bored and lose relationship points. This fact was even advertised during TS3's promotion!

"The landscape is beautiful. Much better than The Sims 3." Lie. Could be a matter of opinion, but landscape has consistently been TS3's strength since Day One.

I do not tolerate being blatantly lied to. It just astonishes me. They don't use halfway truths. Straight up lies. And it works.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#21777 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats

you mean you don't lust after death? you don't wanna go on a romantic cruise to hell with death? you don't wanna give death an oil massage?
Field Researcher
#21778 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyJW
Aww, there are so many people here who wanna do LP's. We should totally all band together ;w;
For me, it's mostly my thick ol' danish accent (which sounds like this bloody hell ). Though I'm moving to Ireland for a year in a week, so hopefully my spoken english is going to improve!

[spoiler=insert cool title here]

Well, something's going to happen to your English. Not sure if it'll be an improvement. We speak weird IMO.
Alchemist
#21779 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I watched the video of those two Sims getting married and got angry at the YibSim.

'In The Sims 3, you can queue up a bunch of actions and have them do it but now it's [more detailed and in-depth]." Lie. In TS3, repeating the same actions back-to-back will cause the other Sim to get bored and lose relationship points. This fact was even advertised during TS3's promotion!

"The landscape is beautiful. Much better than The Sims 3." Lie. Could be a matter of opinion, but landscape has consistently been TS3's strength since Day One.

I do not tolerate being blatantly lied to. It just astonishes me. They don't use halfway truths. Straight up lies. And it works.

Link de link, please. I want to see the blatant.
Mad Poster
#21780 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heat33330
Well, something's going to happen to your English. Not sure if it'll be an improvement. We speak weird IMO.

Lol I like Irish accents. This lady at my old church has one and we all thought it was the coolest thing ever XD
Field Researcher
#21781 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nurny

Scholar
#21782 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Lol I like Irish accents. This lady at my old church has one and we all thought it was the coolest thing ever XD
Irish accents are so hot :lovestruc

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Lab Assistant
#21783 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover

Than you really should not take a look at this list of "new features": http://www.primagames.com/games/sim...new/is-that-all

Best of:

Quote:
=not new
=missing feature turned into new feature

- Stay at home and watch the stars in your very own backyard observatory.
- Write to pen pals and ask them to send you postcards. Can you collect a postcard from every city
- Babies are easier to care for than ever. Keep them happy and fed because they grow up so quickly!
- Each Sim has an Aspiration.
- No need to pick up the paper off your lawn or worry about them littering your lot. Use your cell phone or computer to find a job.
- You no longer have to worry about the Repo Man coming into your house.
- When it is time for work, your Sims get ready and go. They don’t have to catch the carpool an hour before their shift. Go right when work starts and not a minute earlier.
- Learn skills by just doing the actions. You no longer need to pay to take classes.
- Sims already come with recipes [---] You don’t have to go to the store and spend money on recipes. You don’t need to run to the store for ingredients either. Your refrigerator contains everything you need.
- All that extra produce your grow in your garden can easily be sold right from your inventory. No need to go into town to sell it.
- Once your Sims get to level 10 in a skill, they can mentor other Sims in that skill and help them develop it faster.
- While you can be a criminal for a career, the streets of Willow Creek and Oasis Springs are safe. You don’t need to worry about burglars stealing the stuff you worked so hard to afford.
Field Researcher
#21784 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:14 PM
chreai - Heh. I just really don't like my accent. It makes me get really nervous whenever I have to speak in english, and I'll start stammering and stuttering and subconciously interjecting every other sentence with "like" (hence, annoying valley girl).

Hopefully a year abroad will fix that, because it really makes me sound like a tool.

A lot of people do that in Ireland too. XD
Field Researcher
#21785 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFake
Than you really should not take a look at this list of "new features": http://www.primagames.com/games/sim...new/is-that-all

Prima "guides" are notorious for its bullshit. I wouldn't even use those to wipe my ass with.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on to the future".
Forum Resident
#21786 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Ha, ha, oh, Honeywell.
http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.co...will-be-crap-or

Doesn't make much sense to me, since some people said that TS3 was going to be bad and it wasn't.

Seems like the person that said they don't know is being open and more fair, while the person already condemning the game is going into it not giving it much a chance.
Alchemist
#21787 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
Doesn't make much sense to me, since some people said that TS3 was going to be bad and it wasn't.

Seems like the person that said they don't know is being open and more fair, while the person already condemning the game is going into it not giving it much a chance.

I do understand what you're saying, as I found the same thing with TS3. I bought it on a whim to see if it really was as bad as I'd heard. I ended up liking it a lot.
Scholar
#21788 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:34 PM Last edited by TotallyJW : 31st Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM.

That's the thing about games. They have a very public creation process, compared to movies and books and other forms of media. So in some way you actually do know what it's gonna be like before it has even released.

There's one thing that, to me, sets the big alarms off - the fact that they won't send out copies to reviewers. When a company refuses to do so it looks shady as all hell, so they only do it if they're really desperate (see: Ride to Hell: Retribution)
Even shadier is that EA are giving copies to the fangirls. It's obvious what they're doing; shutting down any potential negative response, while flooding the gates with unadultered praise.
Even if the game ends up being awesome and we all have to eat our hats, I'll still stand by the opinion that it was a very unprofessional and underhanded strategy.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Mad Poster
#21789 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM

Er....TS3 was pretty bad. Laughably bad even. It had a lot of good ideas but almost all of them were poorly executed. I play it for fun and bought all the expansions now but it took me YEARS to finally hop on the wagon (around the time the Supernatural EP was announced) and that was because of modders like twallan and pescado. They made the game good, not the Gurus. But I've learned my lesson. I'm not gonna spend money on something because of the efforts of third party modders who wont get paid for their actions (but should). That just fools the Sims Team into thinking I'm buying the game because of them.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21790 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM

Is that f*** the f*** it?

What sort of f***ing game is that?

"No need to do anything "

I do understand what you're saying, as I found the same thing with TS3. I bought it on a whim to see if it really was as bad as I'd heard. I ended up liking it a lot.

Yeah - I bought TS3 on the grounds I loved TS2. I found it was awful. I think it does depend on what you like and/or will tolerate. Sorry not really a dig at TS3
but anyway, I'm partly not buying TS4 on the grounds of my less-than-mediocre TS3 experience.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#21791 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:38 PM
Look at this:

This post got six disagrees.

Look at this post, which was a response to the one above:

It got five agrees.

Ask yourself why.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#21792 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:40 PM
Oh my god. That is some high class bullshit right there. For a moment I actually thought it was a parody.

Mad Poster
#21793 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Look at this: This post got six disagrees.

Look at this post:

It got five agrees.

Ask yourself why.

There's a bit of a difference in what they said. One person said TS3 was a good game. That's where the disagrees poured in. The other said that they bought the game and liked it a lot. Not saying whether it was good or bad. You can like something without thinking it's good. I liked the fourth Saints Row XD

I'm not sure if that was the reasoning behind the agrees/disagrees. That's just my guess.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21794 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:47 PM
This is so weird! If you go to SimsVIP new forums, there doesn't seem to be one thread started by anyone who is at all negative about TS4. There is even one from someone who has been converted from an anti to a pro saying how excited she has become for the game.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#21795 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:47 PM
Err this crap is beyond awful now...

How is any of what was listed a good thing? How is having a supermarket in your fridge a good thing gameplay wise? It's so over simplified and easy. There is nothing true to life about this game. I hate it when they say it's more realistic than ever, when it's not. It's painfully lazy.
Mad Poster
#21796 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
This is so weird! If you go to SimsVIP new forums, there doesn't seem to be one thread started by anyone who is at all negative about TS4. There is even one from someone who has been converted from an anti to a pro saying how excited she has become for the game.

I made an account there but I am terrified to post anything that's not completely positive about the game. As soon as I saw that Ipodzeke was a mod I knew we'd be dealing with a yibforum :/
Scholar
#21797 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:50 PM
Anyone know what the whole guide costs? I'm morbidly curious to see what BS the rest of it holds.

Forum Resident
#21798 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:53 PM
That's the thing about games. They have a very public creation process, compared to movies and books and other forms of media. So in some way you actually do know what it's gonna be like before it has even released.

There's one thing that, to me, sets the big alarms off - the fact that they won't send out copies to reviewers. When a company refuses to do so it looks shady as all hell, so they only do it if they're really desperate (see: Ride to Hell: Retribution)
Even shadier is that EA are giving copies to the fangirls. It's obvious what they're doing; shutting down any potential negative response, while flooding the gates with unadultered praise.
Even if the game ends up being awesome and we all have to eat our hats, I'll still stand by the opinion that it was a very unprofessional and underhanded strategy.

Well some people may know what is not or what is for them personally sure. I can look at a movie trailer and know that's not for me, even if the reviews come out good I know it may not be for me. It's a difference for me though to not call it crap or whatever. I'd just say it's not for me.

A lot of people HATED Windwaker...that is until it was released that is. So I feel like the person who says "Wait and see." is being more open than the person saying "It's going to suck."

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Er....TS3 was pretty bad. Laughably bad even. It had a lot of good ideas but almost all of them were poorly executed. I play it for fun and bought all the expansions now but it took me YEARS to finally hop on the wagon (around the time the Supernatural EP was announced) and that was because of modders like twallan and pescado. They made the game good, not the Gurus. But I've learned my lesson. I'm not gonna spend money on something because of the efforts of third party modders who wont get paid for their actions (but should). That just fools the Sims Team into thinking I'm buying the game because of them.

Reviews and such indicate that many people DO like the game though. IMO it was a good game. You say Modders helped the game but some people say the same thing about games like Skyrim too. Even still, I'm saying that the game wasn't bad, it wasn't a 3/10 bad. At least not to most folks.

Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Look at this: This post got six disagrees.

Look at this post, which was a response to the one above:

It got five agrees.

Ask yourself why.

Pretty much any post I make gets a tons of disagrees. I'm just used to it by now.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#21799 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:54 PM
I think there is some hefty image manipulation going on for this game. I wonder how honest the inner circle are being with each other. I'd love to get an idea of whether they're scurrying about saying to each other "omg holy crap how are we gonna cover up for this mess" or whether they're more like "what are these idiot haters on about, lets clean up after these trolls"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#21800 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 10:56 PM
Anyone know what the whole guide costs? I'm morbidly curious to see what BS the rest of it holds.

Gamestop has it priced at $24.99. I'm surprised that it wasn't that much more expensive, since I still have my TS2 guide lying around, and it had a price of $19.99.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think there is some hefty image manipulation going on for this game. I wonder how honest the inner circle are being with each other. I'd love to get an idea of whether they're scurrying about saying to each other "omg holy crap how are we gonna cover up for this mess" or whether they're more like "what are these idiot haters on about, lets clean up after these trolls"

That was going on even in all the video demos we have seen for the game so far.
Locked thread
Page 872 of 920