Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#16076 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:39 PM
You know, as I was hunched over today doing stock take on over priced underwear, I thought to myself: Oooo! Maybe the big annoucement is pools! now that fountains are in!

But alas no; I get home and the only news is sexy Amber. My back hurts and everytime I close my eyes I see calvin klein barcodes, I NEEDED GOOD NEWS DAMMIT.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#16077 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
You know, as I was hunched over today doing stock take on over priced underwear, I thought to myself: Oooo! Maybe the big annoucement is pools! now that fountains are in!

But alas no; I get home and the only news is sexy Amber. My back hurts and everytime I close my eyes I see calvin klein barcodes, I NEEDED GOOD NEWS DAMMIT.

Umm... uh... you have nice hair.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#16078 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:44 PM
^Thanks *hurr flip*

In other news: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/art...sims-4-preview/ Sims 4, officially the ugliest hedge fence yet. Honestly who okayed that texture?? The way it repeats so obviously is AWFUL.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Theorist
#16079 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:46 PM
^Thanks *hurr flip*

In other news: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/wp-...-AM-792x445.jpg Sims 4, officially the ugliest hedge fence yet. Honestly who okayed that texture?? The way it repeats so obviously is AWFUL.

Here is what I see.

Quote:
Error 1011 Ray ID: 1594aab6bcdc06a9
Access denied
What happened?
The owner of this website (www.platinumsimmers.com) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/08-12-14_4-24-AM-792x445.jpg).
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16080 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:48 PM
I really liked that first game dragon something. Lovely graphics and realistic people (those who were not monsters and stuff). Is it possible to play that game in a normal way, like without all that silly fighting stuff (or at least with a lot less of it)? Like just play their homes and families?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16081 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
But the icing on the cake came from live mode. Pancake Bob was gloomy, but during the "brighten day" interaction, he was laughing, smiling, and as soon as the interaction ended, he abruptly got sad again.

It didn't even have a proper transition. It looks like they don't have actual animations for all emotions, which is surprising considering this is all they have been working on.

And finally, noticed how the dance together interaction was ignored by the game and nothing happened? Bob just stood there until they told him to dance alone. I don't think they will ever be able to fix some of the old problems, no matter how smart they say the sims are.

Yes, I was watching that like REALLY?! Such smartness, much intuitive, wow. They've put all of their attention to that, and THIS is the result? Slight improvement from TS3 but not exactly ground breaking second level stuff.
Field Researcher
#16082 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Here is what I see.

Just press enter on your browser URL bar and you will see the image

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Theorist
#16083 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Just press enter on your browser URL bar and you will see the image

Thanks. It loaded the second time.
Field Researcher
#16084 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I really liked that first game dragon something. Lovely graphics and realistic people (those who were not monsters and stuff). Is it possible to play that game in a normal way, like without all that silly fighting stuff (or at least with a lot less of it)? Like just play their homes and families?

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the game. I was one of those people that watched the EA presentation mostly for Dragon Age
It has a lot of fighting, yes, but the previous games in that series also had a lot of human drama. Meaning quests with different outcomes and you have a whole group of very different people travelling with you. They like or dislike you depending on how you handle quests (good or evil). They had quests of their own where you could learn more about them or even romance some of them, yes woohoo, too
The big plus in dragon age is that you can play the game action oriented (pushing buttons, running around) in the fights or more tactical. Meaning, you can pause the game every time, assign your group of people (your character + 3 others) orders what they should do, and then hit pause again and look how they carry out the orders and so on.
So, just play the game on easy and go the tactical route, if you just want to enjoy the story. I played the previous two games. Dragon Age: Origins and the second one Dragon Age II. They are really cheap nowadays, I definitely recommend checking them out, I liked them a lot.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16085 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:12 PM

Uhhh well, you get a house in the second Dragon Age, and you have a sister. But there's still a lot of fighting, and you only really go home to bang the hot elf (there are no romance options but Fenris, all others are not valid choices).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#16086 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Uhhh well, you get a house in the second Dragon Age, and you have a sister. But there's still a lot of fighting, and you only really go home to bang the hot elf (there are no romance options but Fenris, all others are not valid choices).

bad pirate ship pun incoming

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16087 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:17 PM

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#16088 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:20 PM Last edited by scoopy_loopy : 13th Aug 2014 at 1:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Forum Resident
#16089 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:34 PM

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16090 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:56 PM
I was just rage pulling and pushing sims in the demo (it's so haaaaarddd), when my graphics card started to smell burnt. Too heavy handed with the face tugging I guess.
And now my ragey hand shakyness is elevated further because I can't get the damn card to unlock from the motherboard... "Gently pull the clamp and card will come off", my ass! I wonder if they sell spare clamps, and I should just brute force the thing off. Am I just dumb, or is it a common problem not to get it out?
Scholar
#16091 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I was just rage pulling and pushing sims in the demo (it's so haaaaarddd), when my graphics card started to smell burnt. Too heavy handed with the face tugging I guess.
And now my ragey hand shakyness is elevated further because I can't get the damn card to unlock from the motherboard... "Gently pull the clamp and card will come off", my ass! I wonder if they sell spare clamps, and I should just brute force the thing off. Am I just dumb, or is it a common problem not to get it out?

Are you pushing the little lever UNDERNEATH the card? You may not be able to see it. It may look like this:

http://www.3dnews.ru/_imgdata/img/2.../asus/slots.jpg

In this picture you would pull the blue plastic thing away from the card

But in some you would push the small gray lever TOWARDS the card:

http://www.gamereplays.org/communit...-1218711273.jpg

Either way you have to get your fingers down under the card.

Once you're sure you've released the catch, either way, and unscrewed the card from the chassis at the shiny metal part, you may still have to exert a little more force than you want to.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16092 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
Glad we're all finally getting the demo. There must be a lot of people on the TS4 gallery too. I'd just finished version 3 of a Kaidan Alenko (Mass Effect) sim.

Not bad, not bad. I'll squee if you like.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16093 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:03 PM
Am I the only person just saving sims locally instead of spamming the gallery with everything I make?

Ok this does it: "The latest Sims emote in such exaggerated, wonderfully animated fashion that only an alien could fail to read them." - SimsVIP after playing for 4 hours. I had rather hoped the EA gameplay videos had been exaggerated to amuse us, but sadly it seems they were all too WYSIWYG

I don't even watch slapstick on TV for free, why would I want to pay $60 +++ for it?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#16094 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:08 PM
Am I the only person just saving sims locally instead of spamming the gallery with everything I make?

You're not. I don't do the whole gallery thing either.
Instructor
#16095 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:10 PM
Well already posted here my thoughts about the CAS demo, I guess my biggest complaints are that it's hard to push and pull, lots of resistance and you don't know what each area does. I've only made one Sim so far though...

I'll play around some more later, for now I'm going to lay down, my back hurts since falling ice skating. Clumsy isn't strong enough of a word (hate the clumsy trait in the CAS demo btw, I don't laugh at my clumsiness, I'm shy and embarrassed).
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16096 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:10 PM
Gwynne, yes I got this delicate tiny clamp. I've tried pushing, pulling and lifting in all directions while simultaneously trying moving the card out.
Edit: Success!! I had to first use this weird other clamp unlocking the... Thing... Attatching it to the rear of the case. Phew!
Scholar
#16097 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
You're not. I don't do the whole gallery thing either.

Same here. Granted, I only got the demo last night and haven't created many Sims (maybe about 3/4 so far, and I don't think they're worth posting up AT ALL lol), but I'm not sharing anything on the Gallery - at least, not yet. Especially with the whole Sexy Amber thing that went on - that I missed! I always miss the crazy stuff; damn you, sleep!!

Once I get more proficient at CAS, and can create someone worth sharing, then I will...
Sim creation is not my strongest point, so this is a learning curve for me, lol...

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#16098 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:15 PM
The options are so strange - I had a really easy time manipulating this guy's nose so the bridge was not perfectly straight, but when I tried to do the same thing to my Sarah Jessica Parker/Carrie Bradshaw inspired Sim I could not for the life of me achieve the same effect although I was manipulating the same points.

Instructor
#16099 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Gwynne, yes I got this delicate tiny clamp. I've tried pushing, pulling and lifting in all directions while simultaneously trying moving the card out.
Edit: Success!! I had to first use this weird other clamp unlocking the... Thing... Attatching it to the rear of the case. Phew!

I hope its okay! Imagine having melted a gpu on something like the cas demo. What a way to go.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#16100 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writerchick
I thought this game was a life simulation, not a weirdness emulator.

When I first read that, I read 'witless emulator'. Does it for me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Locked thread
Page 644 of 920