Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#19526 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:01 AM
TS2 had some tutorials and stuff but you could turn them off after the first 4 little panels.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#19527 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Lol.....

Too much work for developers, never enough work for players...

Oh, boy...
Field Researcher
#19528 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:34 AM
Lol.....

This game was supposed to be an Online Game remember?

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Forum Resident
#19529 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:34 AM
Lol.....
Quote:
Quote:
The Sims 4 will launch with a brand new in game tutorial that helps you learn as you play. These notification boxes will popup on the screen during gameplay, and you must complete the tutorial in its entirety for it to go away. At this time, there is no “turn off” feature in the game, so you will have to manually turn it off in Origin.

(John McEnroe voice...) YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS? What are we? Five fracking years old or something?
Field Researcher
#19530 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:44 AM
After watching the live broadcast I just realized, NO TRASHCAN WHEN BUILDING ON EMPTY LOT. ONLY MAILBOX...

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Forum Resident
#19531 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
After watching the live broadcast I just realized, NO TRASHCAN WHEN BUILDING ON EMPTY LOT. ONLY MAILBOX...

You know what's really wrong and "weird" about that? We hardly get mail anymore, we get e-mails and texts and a courier delivers parcels to the door... but we still have our rubbish collected every week!
Seriously, I give up...
Instructor
#19532 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 5:57 AM
EA Hopes to Earn 1 Billion From Add-on Content This year I don't know if this was already posted. TS4 store and premium service will probably factor into that somewhere. Week 1 DLC probably ready to go.
Instructor
#19533 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:04 AM
My submission for tomorrow
Theorist
#19534 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
What are we? Five fracking years old or something?

Psh, speak for yourself. I'm 7.
Alchemist
#19535 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:20 AM

Really? I'm guessing Sims no longer need to take out trash from the indoor trash can anymore?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#19536 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:31 AM
I've been... I've been having... visions.

Visions of something new. Venisons of something big. Visions of... an Expansion Pack.
Yes, it's coming to me now... And ad...

*words flash on a screen reading "play with life, play with weird."*
An announcer's voice can be heard. His voice is loud and boisterous. "Sims can now have weird basements to live out their weird lives. It's so great. So, tell me SimGuru Anonymous, what are the best qualities about this new Expansion Pack for the Sims 4?"
SimGuruAnonymous, a curious looking fellow, with his face completely shadowed out and his voice deepened for privacy reasons, responds enthusiastically. "Well, everything is the best quality about this expansion pack, but my personal favorites are the tactile and intuitive new building options."
"Ooh, do tell us what they are"
"I will. Well, first off, you now have the option to tell weirder stories surrounding the law. As you can see here, you can create secret prisons in these new basements."

"Oh, that is absolutely wonderful, SimGuruAnon. Now, what about these prisons is the biggest takeaway?"
"Well, as you can see, no longer are the only captive Sims the babies. See, back when the Sims 4 was first released, we had a strong foundation for Sim captivity, what with Sims children spending the first 10 years of their lives confined to their bassinets. Well, now we've expanded this feature so that the entire world can be like a bassinet for any Sim. Yes, that's right, ANY Sim from ANY of the three age groups: Babies, Children, or even TeenYoungAdultAdultElders can now be prisoners!"
"Praise be to EA! Oh, but do tell, SGA, what else are these basements good for?"
"Everything, you fool!"
"No, but in specific!"
"Well, you know how we've had bros since the beginning?"
"Yeah, they're pretty swag"
"Well, now they're even #YoloSwag-er. See, back before this expansion, bros had nowhere to party. Nowhere at all. Well, now, bros can get drunk, be uncomfortably touchy feely with each other while screaming about their masculine straightness, and watch sports in their own personal subterranean Man Caves!"

"Oh that is absolutely wonderful! I know what I'm doing this Saturday. Now, SGA, as we all know, you have been advertising the romantic side of these basements...You know, like a perfect love cove use for them."
"Oh yes, now you're talking. Of course these basements are intuitively tactile in the situations when you need them most: hiding an affair from your spouse"
"Oh if only we had something like this in real life."
"I know, but the Sims is better than real life. With these love nests you can have a steamy woohoo with your closest romantic interest or even with some stranger with benefits."

"Splendid."
"Yes, but not nearly as splendid as the best new feature of these underground Vegases!"
"Underground Vegases?"
"What happens in the basement stays in the basement."
"Oh, do tell, SGA, how does this feature work?"
"Well, we wanted to focus on Halloweenfools Day for this next feature."
"How could you manage that?"
"Well, have you ever murdered someone in a dark alley and had nowhere to put the body?"
"Oh gosh, damn-near every day!"
"I know, common problem. And then, what if you were witnessed committing the crime? That could lead to some issues...Well, not anymore! Now, you can kill your cake and hide it too."

"Oh how gruesome!"
"Yes it is. However, to keep this game kid-friendly, we made sure that all murders and blood were made out of plastic and could be bought at any good novelty store. After all, Halloweenfools Day is right around the corner, so why not focus on prank murder?"
"Brilliant. Are there any other especially important features related to this EP?"
"Well, if you preorder now, you can get special DLC to allow you to build things like this nuclear reactor room!"

"Wow really SGA?"
"Ha! No, of course not! That was a Halloweenfools Day prank and you totally #fellforit"
"Oh, you got me! So, Sim Guru Anonymous, when will this EP be available for purchase?"
"No comment"

The Sims 4: Basements 'n Stuff. $49.99. Requires Origin for installation. No refunds. Physical purchase may or may not come with disc.

Spoiler tags used because this post is already long as it is and needn't take up more space with all the pictures out.
Credits for cc used:
Screenshot 1: Prison bars from Lisen's Prison Set: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=420376
Screenshot 4 (and 5): Blood spatters and daggers from Syren @13th Sim: http://the13thsim.webs.com/
Screenshot 5: Nuclear Hazard sign from whatthestuff: http://modthesims.info/d/398138
Mad Poster
#19537 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:32 AM Last edited by DigitalSympathies : 27th Aug 2014 at 6:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Really? I'm guessing Sims no longer need to take out trash from the indoor trash can anymore?

I guess it just goes into T̸H͡E͡ ͏V̧͟O҉I̸D

This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Instructor
#19538 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:38 AM
Just added a couple of ambers to the gallery. The world is a better place now
Lab Assistant
#19539 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:27 AM

Well apparently we can now choose our trashcans from build/buy mode. Yet another feature the devs thought fans desperately needed

Found here in build/buy mode (god how I hate how they're combined now):
Retired
retired moderator
#19540 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bandon
EA Hopes to Earn 1 Billion From Add-on Content This year I don't know if this was already posted. TS4 store and premium service will probably factor into that somewhere. Week 1 DLC probably ready to go.
To do that they have to sell the base game. Hopefully they don't. I'm sure it'll sell okay, but I'm not touching it. Damned well meant it when I told Graham and Sarah to move on earlier in the thread. God, what a miserable industry it must be, that this is what can happen to a top tier franchise with such talent in its development team.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#19541 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 7:45 AM
Man, if only Amber's name is Ember, that would make a good situational pun for the 'sexy' uploads like:
-She's hot.
-She's on fire!
-She's spreading like wildfire!
-The gallery is on fire!!!
*hours later*
-The gallery is now just embers...

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Scholar
#19542 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
Just added a couple of ambers to the gallery. The world is a better place now
Well done, soldier!

@randomly chosen winner - I know they SAY that's how the winner gets chosen, but can we really trust them on that one? They're not stupid, so they probably wouldn't risk picking a random sim out, and potentially end up with something like Swimmy Pools (lol by the way XD) or Pooltime W/ Amber. From yesterday's stream it's pretty much clear that they don't wanna talk pools at all, what with how they waffled on and on about Burning Man at the fountain part and ignored all the comments.

Most likely we'll get two winners, a brobabe and a lolweird sim, to show how amazingly versatile CAS is.

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Mad Poster
#19543 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:58 AM
I hope this goes as badly as Dub The Dew did.

Field Researcher
#19544 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Xythenol
Well apparently we can now choose our trashcans from build/buy mode. Yet another feature the devs thought fans desperately needed

Found here in build/buy mode (god how I hate how they're combined now):

Excuse my ignorance but does anybody know why some items are locked?
Field Researcher
#19545 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glastduke2131
Excuse my ignorance but does anybody know why some items are locked?

Because you're supposed to unlock them during various actions. I'm guessing it's a way to entice people to keep on playing towards various goals through a sensation of achievement. I don't like it -- having to do quests to be allowed various furniture that isn't extraordinary or has special abilities seems rather pointless.

Now excuse me while I go hug the tree in my backyard four times so I can order that new dishwasher.
Instructor
#19546 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mistressofcats

I read this whole thing in the voices of Ryan and Colin from "Whose Line Is It Anyway" selling their compilation CD's.
Mad Poster
#19547 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Birgitte Heuschkel
Because you're supposed to unlock them during various actions. I'm guessing it's a way to entice people to keep on playing towards various goals through a sensation of achievement. I don't like it -- having to do quests to be allowed various furniture that isn't extraordinary or has special abilities seems rather pointless.

Now excuse me while I go hug the tree in my backyard four times so I can order that new dishwasher.

Unlocking rooms of furniture, I am so tired of it. Don't make any sense to me and why put that in a Sims game? So, are these rooms available on a community lot? Probably not. SMH

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#19548 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:40 AM
Unlockables is fine for a strategy game, maybe in Theme Hospital where your hospital has to reach a certain rank before it's qualified to carry out certain types of operation. But to my mind Sims was meant to be about a dollhouse - complete sandbox experience, with as little as possible coming *from* the sims to distract you from the story you are generating from your own head.

I guess two mods are probably needed to facilitate this. 1) Unlockers. There is usually a set of these. 2) Emotion setters - where we can set chosen sims to have a particular level of a particular emotion and keep them there till we're ready for them to move on. This will help with imaginitive play so we can keep that strict teacher in a permanently shouty mood.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#19549 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Unlockables is fine for a strategy game, maybe in Theme Hospital where your hospital has to reach a certain rank before it's qualified to carry out certain types of operation. But to my mind Sims was meant to be about a dollhouse - complete sandbox experience, with as little as possible coming *from* the sims to distract you from the story you are generating from your own head.

(...).
Fully agree there and I want to add that it was this very peculiarity of The Former Sims™ that allowed the game to become part of studies in academia outside of the usual game studies curriculum. That's gone now because apparently the developers couldn't stand the idea of a game not being what they usually think of as a proper game.
Scholar
#19550 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 9:54 AM Last edited by TotallyJW : 27th Aug 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I completely agree! This is also why I don't like that the sims will react to what clothes they're wearing. It's more realistic sure, but it's also gamey and puts you in a "oh I have to make my sim wear this so they get the good moodlets" mindset, which doesn't fit a creative game like this. Kind of like in spore, where you were forced to give your alien certain parts because they had the best stats.
And how is that going to work with CC clothes anyway?

Bah, this sandbox is getting more and more rails isn't it :/

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Locked thread
Page 782 of 920