Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:15 AM
Default S4PE Issue with editing a CASP file
First off, what I am trying to do is to add missing OutfitCategories to a cloned (stand alone) piece of clothing made with CASTools. The original content I cloned was missing a few categories and though I know it's easy to get everything for every category in-game, the little perfectionist in me is creaming for me to fix it =)

I know ColorMagic does this easy, but when I use this on my cloned package the GEOM is removed in the new package. I've also tried duplicating the CASP file from an edited package from ColorMagic, but that went horribly wrong. My instinct tells me this is easiest done in S4PE, no?

It appears I should be able to open the CASP file in S4PE, and edit the data grid? I get error messages on Copy, Add, Insert that look like this (attached). This is from selecting the CASP file > Grid, finding the "CASFlaglist" in the list, and then the "more" button to the right of the data.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong, or can tell me if it is even possible to edit the CASP file like this at this point? I have both a texteditor and hexeditor connected to S4PE.
Screenshots

List of downloads here
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 7:53 PM
i'm having the same issue. Does anyone know how to do it? i want to add more outfits categories.

I have the latest V0.2d.

this is the error:

Code:
Front-end Distribution: 14-0920-48
Library Distribution: 14-111-301
== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
No se encontró un constructor en el tipo 'CASPartResource.CASPartResourceTS4+Flag'.
   en System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

en System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

en System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)

en s4pi.Interfaces.DependentList`1.Add(Type elementType)

en s4pi.Interfaces.DependentList`1.Add()

en S4PIDemoFE.NewGridForm.simpleAddInsert(Boolean add)
-----
== END ==
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:13 PM
This seems to be a bug (I just talked to Inge who looked at the code).

If possible, can you try editing the categories in ColorMagic? I tested the post-pools edition and messing with the categories seemed to work fine.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
This seems to be a bug (I just talked to Inge who looked at the code).

If possible, can you try editing the categories in ColorMagic? I tested the post-pools edition and messing with the categories seemed to work fine.

oh i thought that program was still broken. thanks for letting me know. with 0.8.4 version you say? To edit i have to make default replacement and then replace the files in s4pe right? i'm gonna try it, thanks :D
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 14th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM.
Want to drop these dlls into s4pe and see if it's any better (the other two are other unrelated fixes I did and waiting for kuree to add to s4pe). DO NOT USE THIS ANY MORE

You shouldn't need to do anything special other than drop them in and restart s4pe.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#6 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:01 PM Last edited by missgothika : 11th Nov 2014 at 11:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Want to drop these dlls into s4pe and see if it's any better (the other two are other unrelated fixes I did and waiting for kuree to add to s4pe). http://den.simlogical.com/exacc/IngeFixedDLLs.7z

You shouldn't need to do anything special other than drop them in and restart s4pe.

it works >.< ! Haven't tested in game though, but everything seems fine now thanks for taking the time to fix it !

EDIT: So i tested it and now it appears on game. But i have another issue.. when in formal it looks ok. But in everyday, there's a weird shine (even though i removed specular and bump with Cmar's tool) on the bottom of the dress.... it didn't appear before i edited the things.. i don't know if it has to do. I just added a new outfit category for formal.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:17 PM
I will try this out promptly and respond Inge, thanks a lot. I was using color magic until now, but a very tiresome and long process when working with multiple recolors of a standalone piece of clothing.

List of downloads here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
.. when in formal it looks ok. But in everyday, there's a weird shine (even though i removed specular and bump with Cmar's tool) on the bottom of the dress.... it didn't appear before i edited the things.. i don't know if it has to do. I just added a new outfit category for formal.

Have you tried to remove the hat, or any other accessories in the category where the "shine" appears?

List of downloads here
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellusion
Have you tried to remove the hat, or any other accessories in the category where the "shine" appears?

i took everything, but now that i closed, i see that she has those damn boots. must be that!. how odd. is there a fix for that? i never tried a formal dress with those dark boots haha.. so i would have never know.

EDIT: Yes, they were the problem. then thanks so much Inge. everything is working correctly now
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
i took everything, but now that i closed, i see that she has those damn boots. must be that!. how odd. is there a fix for that? i never tried a formal dress with those dark boots haha.. so i would have never know.

EDIT: Yes, they were the problem. then thanks so much Inge. everything is working correctly now

Glad it worked =) With all the layers (texture, alpha, shadow, bump, normal, speccular...) going on for multiple pieces of clothing/accessories, and all in the same total space, I see even Maxis leaves some artifacts hanging around that can affect other pieces in weird ways.

List of downloads here
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 1:01 AM
Glad it worked! Thank you both for testing =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Want to drop these dlls into s4pe and see if it's any better...

Working perfectly! I can now edit and change/copy/add data entries in the CASP file directly. Saves me a lot of hassle =)) I updated to 0.2d and overwrote the dll's

List of downloads here
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#13 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM
Don't use my wrapper any more. It wasn't updated for Pools patch,

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 7:42 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Nov 2014 at 7:56 PM.
For anyone looking for the corrected CASP wrapper: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541447

BTW, this discussion may relate to the bottom of the dress being weirdly lighted when boots are worn, if the dress specular was removed: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541219

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:36 AM
Thanks for the head's up. Just drop these 3 files' content into S4PE as before, right?

List of downloads here
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#16 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ellusion
Thanks for the head's up. Just drop these 3 files' content into S4PE as before, right?

Yep!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4