Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#526 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 1:10 PM
Bgatot - I actually like the first house design more. I think it's because of the contrast in the exterior as well as the very open design. I love the open entrance to the "hole" area. I do like the second house too though and prefer its landscaping and long, narrow windows.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#527 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
@Armiel, yeah, I getcha. Sorry, I didn't see your home at #create, because I don't know what that is. What is #create anyone?

Same here!

Anyway, it's a cool house still. The chairs around the dining table could conceivably be neatly arranged if that's how they were when the house burns, right? :D
Lab Assistant
#528 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 4:12 PM
#create is one of the chat room things (I've never used it). You can find it in 'Community' -> 'Live Chat'

Excuse me, but I just have to explode.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#529 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 5:49 PM
Fragglerocks - What did you use (game wise) for your house? I really hope you will be uploading. Your landscaping is beautiful.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#530 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 6:01 PM
Alan, BGatot:

Like already mentioned, #create is one of the chat rooms If you ever need live feedback for your work, or need help with creating Sims content, thats the place to be :D

/me luvs #create
Scholar
#531 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:12 PM
There are so many amazing houses in this contest that I am absolutely stunned. I can't wait to download many of them (hopefully). Incredible job people!

I have a question about one entry that's been driving me crazy. Which pack or store set does this bathtub come from? If I've had this in my game and have never used it, I'm going to kick myself...hard!

Top Secret Researcher
#532 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:17 PM
HELS

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#533 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:31 PM
Bgatot, I prefer your first house from the outside shots, but the garden from the second I guess it depends in the room plans though.

Would I by weird to get HELS for a corner bath?
Scholar
#534 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
HELS

Thank you! I've had HELS since it came out and never noticed it. Duh!

*kicks self hard*

Quote:
Would I be weird to get HELS for a corner bath?

Hell no! I bought it for a fish tank and that's not weird either...right?
Field Researcher
#535 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 8:44 PM
Not really.

Heck, it might have more stuff you like.

Ya know?
The other one
#536 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gail.wyness
Would I by weird to get HELS for a corner bath?

Thats the sole reason I got it. I don't even like the other stuff, I'm not into having random lights all over my furniture.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#537 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 9:52 PM
Actually I like a lot of objects in HELS. All the bathrooms stuff are nice (bathtub, shower, toilet, sink), the bedroom stuff, study, etc., so quite a few useful items. Is it worth it? Hmmmm.... not so sure. Should EA have included more items? Of course!

Gail.wyness, thanks for your opinion. So it's about even between the first and second house. Darn it, back to the original problem! :P
Inventor
#538 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:33 PM
Again... I'm surprised to see so many pictures posted already. You guys are really fast. My house is only half way finished - haven't even started doing anything with the garden.

@aeval99: I love that bath. Looks very cosy.

@heaven_sent_8_18: Amazing... a tree house... what a great idea. Can't even see the foundation anymore - how did you do that? It looks fantastic.

@MissPsy: I love the tree inside the house. What a big family home - my house is so little compared to yours. Also, nice story.

@BGatot: As the others already said, the second one is way better. It has a more homey look. I love the backyard and what you did with the "hole" in the foundation.

@werismyki: Wow, I love all these plants in the house (and everything else too). I like the colours.

@Greenlea: Yeah, I LOVE the colour green. The livingroom is just great. Did I miss it or haven't you posted pictures of the outside of the house yet?
The other one
#539 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
Gail.wyness, thanks for your opinion. So it's about even between the first and second house. Darn it, back to the original problem! :P

Forgot to respond to that part I'm with those who prefer the first. It's definitely not as homey as the second but I like it because of that, it kinda has a bachelor pad feel to it. I'm not massively keen on the right hand side at the front, it seems a bit bare and unfinished but I love the entrance and the back of the house.

Top Secret Researcher
#540 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:50 PM
Anyone anxious about the feedback after judging? I really want to hear what they have to say before progressing on my house further for this round.

So we had standalone foundations now, and holes in the middle of it. What will be next? Holes and stand alone ones + seperate parts? I can't think of much worse things, haha.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#541 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:37 AM
Thought I'd post the next part of my story for everyone who's interested.

Lord George was ecstatic about having a son. Finally a boy, an heir! But Kamaria on the other hand was devastated. She held him only once, just after he was born, then handed him off to a nurse and refused to see him. It would seem that she hated the babe, but the truth was that she was terrified of him. She spent more and more time with the girls, and more and more time in bed. George was a bit put out by his wife's treatment of their son, but said nothing. For the next nine years this was how life went. George with his son, not noticing how silent and oddly intelligent the boy was for his age and Kamaria with the three girls. She told them stories from when she lived in Africa, told them legends and taught them everything she knew. When the boy George came near her she would stiffen and speak as little as possible, never meeting his eyes.
She knew the boy was not her son.
She knew he had never been her son.

It was not long after the boy turned nine that Kamaria took to bed again, sicker than she had been in years. The children were forbidden to see her, especially George Jr. George didn't want his son falling ill. The three girls kept away from their younger brother as well, staying in their room or going on picnics to keep out of his way. They saw the strange way his eyes shined and the way he smiled when bad things happened.
It was on one of these occasions when Georgia, Carolina, and Virginia were out for a picnic on the grounds that what their mother always feared happened. They heard a horrible shriek from the house. A sound like nothing they had ever heard before. It was a strangled choking sound that seemed to go on and on. It circled round the girls' heads trapping them in a sound so full of pain and fear that Virginia, who was only thirteen years old at this time, cried out as well. Then as suddenly as it had began the sound cut short. The three looked at each other for one stretched out moment, then they ran for the house as fast as they could go.
But it sounded as if they were already too late.
The other one
#542 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:38 AM
I am, I'm constantly checkin on here to see if any results/comments have been posted. I had comments on my first one about my exterior not matching the theme of my interior so I really tried to work on having a strong theme throughout for R2.This time I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark since I don't know what weaknesses the judges picked out for R2 that I should be working on this time around. that said, there was a lot of really amazing entries for R2 and even with the drop outs there must've been somewhere near 60 entries to judge so it must be difficult....they just spoiled us with speedy results last time

Holes and stand alones would be difficult. My nightmare would be lots of seperate bits rather than one main body or an uneven groundsurface outside. Although one massive, blocky foundation would be bad too, I hate building big houses!

Top Secret Researcher
#543 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 1:46 AM
Yea I hate big houses too! But it's so hard to build when you got no idea if your previous house was a hit or a complete miss. I don't envy the judges, comments + scores for 68 (?) houses

Maybe two tiny pieces of foundations in each corner of the lots.. or a 10x10 Yikes. Hope it's nothing too bad. Only get 3 days to build the last one

Inventor
#544 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:07 AM
Hey guys,does anyone know how to make the text colourful ?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#545 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:12 AM
Anyone anxious about the feedback after judging? I really want to hear what they have to say before progressing on my house further for this round.

Yeah, I am kind of nervous about that too. I wanted to get my scores and comments before I worked on R3 but, once the foundation was out, I couldn't stop myself. Plus, there is no guarantee how long it will take and I didn't want to leave myself with only a day or two to build.

Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
I am, I'm constantly checkin on here to see if any results/comments have been posted. I had comments on my first one about my exterior not matching the theme of my interior so I really tried to work on having a strong theme throughout for R2

Me too. My exterior and interior didn't match and my landscaping was not very good. I think I did alright overall in R2 but I don't know. And I am worried about the exterior/interior thing on R3 as well.

Only get 3 days to build the last one

I am assuming you have something else going on that limits you? I know what you mean. My sister is flying in on the 9th from FL and will be here for 10 days. She's been giving me slight feedback on pictures but I know she has little patience for the world of sims. She would rather go see LA!!!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#546 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:26 AM
Wish it was something as exciting as going to see LA. Just travelling to see family for 1 1/2 week!

Wouldn't worry about your house. It's awesome! And there certainly aint no lack of gardening so I think you got it covered That swimmable pond thing is so nice and I'm sure we will see a lot of that in the future in uploads etc

Scholar
#547 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:33 AM
*snarl* I DID have my house completed - but I cured myself of my compulsion to save every minute during S3 play, and so of course, my graphics threw a fit and had to reboot my computer - and lost EVERYTHING.
Top Secret Researcher
#548 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 2:35 AM
Awe, that sucks ForeverCamp Did you do any exports backups?

Scholar
#549 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
No, of course not. >.< I spent all of tonight building from scratch - but I think the second house turned out better anyway.

^^ That's the dead house. New house should be up in the official thread in the near future - I'll probably upload my pictures tomorrow afternoon when I finish at work.

The only interior shots I was able to snag from Dead House:

Scholar
#550 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
@aeval99: I love that bath. Looks very cosy.

Not my bath (although it soon will be). That room is from lamammaforever's fabulous R2 entry .

Page 22 of 39