Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:37 AM
Default lot types...
Sorry about all these questions but it would be much appreciated for someone to answer these questions.
They are keeping me awake at night.

Here we go...
Would someone please explain the lot types for me?

First...
Visitors allowed and no visitors allowed?

Like a spa building community lot? or just plain rabbit hole?
Any how... I am super confused about this...

Move on to second question, here.
Can someone list all the community lots and rabbit holes to play Ambitions to it's full potential?
(I could not bear the ugly Twinbrook so, I moved some of the missing community lots like Hangout, Laundromat from Twinbrook to my beloved Sunset Valley.)

Last question.
If I made my own community lot with bistro and hang out on the same lot, what does this become? Visitor allowed or not?
Is this even allowed to do? Do they automatically become available for my sims to go and get a job?( like I want to put grocery store/bistro/hangout or park together on one big lot...)

If these been covered somewhere, just chuck me a link to go and peep.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 5:23 PM
Visitors allowed - sims and will route to lot
No Visitor - stops sims routing to the lot in question

Multiple rabbit hole can be placed on a lot without causing any problems, however I don't play ambitions so can answer your other questions.
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:48 PM
There is a difference, in the game's code, between the rabbit hole objects, and the lot assignments. Placing a rabbit hole object overrides lot assignments, so setting a lot to Hangout and then putting a Bistro rabbit hole on it won't work, because that changes the lot assignment to Bistro. I don't actually know what happens to the lot assignment when you place multiple rabbit hole objects. Maybe in those cases the effects stack.

You see, lot assignments are what attract different kinds of Sims to different lots. A Hangout attracts Party Animals, Childish and Excitable Sims, but a Bistro only attracts Natural Cooks and Sims in the Culinary career.

Create a World allows you to set some lot assignments without a rabbit hole object, so you can set a lot to Spa or Stadium. I don't think this works ingame, but if it did the lot wouldn't work as a spa or stadium, it would just be a visitors allowed lot that attracted Athletic Sims.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 1:23 PM
My answer is based on memory since my "ambitionned" CAW is as broken as everybody else

In CAW you should find specific lot types that don't show in your in-game menu. Those types are "Small Shop" and "Big Shops" (or anything like that, with "shops" in it and in 2 flavors).

The manual says that "small shop" is for 1 rabbit hole and "big shops" is suited to a lot where you want to place multiple rabbit holes.

You won't find those types in game. I don't know either what's the difference between "shop" and "visitors allowed". It might be a matter of How many Sims will visit the place at what times?

In game, if you set a completely blank lot to Community/Pool for instance, this lot will receive the specific "Pool" MapTag in Birdview, even if obviously there is no swimming pool there. Active Athletic Sims will want to visit it and I guess that inactive athletic sims will be attracted there too.

So to sum up my thoughts:

1. For the "buildable"-non-Rabbit-Hole lots, aka Venues, like the Library, the Academy, the Pool... you NEED to select this specific lot type if you want the game to recognize and use it properly.

2. A Rabbit Hole indeed overwrites the type of the lot it is put on. So no need to try to design a Spa (RH) + Swimming Pool (lot type) lot. Select the type of the lot accordingly with the Rabbit Hole you place on it. You can always "decorate" it with a swimming pool, but it won't be THE community Pool.

3. If you place a single RH on a lot, select the specific type (spa, theatre...) if available, otherwise "small shop". "visitors allowed" will work but might be more neutral.

4. If you want to place multiple Rabbit Holes, I guess that "Big Shops" is the type to select. Again, "Visitors allowed" will work but might attract less sim.

5. If you want a "decorative" community lot, without specification and not very attractive, "visitors not allowed" is best and very neutral. What I understand is that the game/nonactive sims will somehow ignore it.

6. If you want to place lot that are NOT accessible / reachable by foot, you must set them as "visitors not allowed", or best "hidden tombs", so that your townies won't want to visit it, they can't teleport by themselves.
Retired
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:37 PM
The "Shop" lots just attract more Sims with the Snob trait.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 2:18 AM
Ooooooh, thank you vary much.

This explained a lot.
No more losing sleep.^^
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:02 AM
Is there a MOD to allow the missing Lot markers in our gegular town lot menu? Like the "Little Shop" and "Hidden Tomb" and such? I find it silly we can build tombs in town but not mark them as such.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Retired
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:16 PM
I haven't seen such a mod. You could put in a request with Pescado or Twallan and see if it's within their scopes.

Scholar
#9 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:20 PM
http://www.prettysims.com/index.php...a=view;down=201

Bill did one for pretty sims, WA venue unlocking

You would do a bistro as a restaurant but as someone else said, if it's a rabbithoile it's already predesignated
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 11:57 PM
@fluttereyes. That is just what i wanted <3<3<3<3<3<3<3 thanks so much.

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Scholar
#11 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:51 PM