Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 4:03 AM
Default Door-locking mod for Ts4?
Does any know where I can find a door-locking mod, for Sims 4? I'm playing a household now, that's actually two families, built them two houses on one lot, but of course they just randomly use eachother's houses and everything in them. It's so annoying!

In sims 3, I know I could set a door to allow only certain sims inside, and something like that would be perfect.

So, does anyone know if a mod like this exists yet for Ts4? And if so where I can get it? Thanks :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 6:54 AM
None exist at present and it is not clear that the code to support it is even fully in the core game so it may be required that considerable work will be required to add such.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falerin
None exist at present and it is not clear that the code to support it is even fully in the core game so it may be required that considerable work will be required to add such.

I've been looking at the python scripts and I don't see any portal tests, which is where we'd normally insert code to check for individual sim's access rights. I see portal action that talks about the type of walking to use on the stairs but nowhere so far to insert a true/false test.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I've been looking at the python scripts and I don't see any portal tests, which is where we'd normally insert code to check for individual sim's access rights. I see portal action that talks about the type of walking to use on the stairs but nowhere so far to insert a true/false test.

Awh well that sucks hopefully someone figures out something somehow..... Or maybe EA will patch in lockable doors?
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 12:45 AM
How about clothing options for different rooms? Is that a similar problem to making door locks? Kinda weird having my sim walk around his house in nothing but boxers when every room (except for his bed room) has giant windows all over the place lol
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:18 AM
Well there is a portal function where you *might* be able to add positive actions like changing outfit - though I don't know enough about the program flow to know if you can give individual portal function to a custom door.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:16 PM
Is there still no mod for this out there?
Scholar
#8 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RawsurfSon
Is there still no mod for this out there?

Sadly no there are still no locking doors.