Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#14926 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy
...And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shack
And you may find yourself in another part of the world
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?

Here let me finish the song for you...

...This is not my beautiful car,
This is not my beautiful game,
My God, what have they done?

Letting the todd-lers go (there's no need for them no more)
Letting the pools dry up (you can meet your bro's instead).....
etc.

(This song ironically also featured on the album "Stop Making Sense"! )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#14927 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:53 AM
The only thing I dislike about the demo is Why the HELL there is no normal looking glasses for female?

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Scholar
#14928 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 5:57 AM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 9th Aug 2014 at 9:32 AM. Reason: Gifs and stuff in spoiler tags please.
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Has anybody noticed this picture? When they said that the cheat would make objects bigger i didn't know they were going to be larger than a house

dat's, lyke, su wierd story!!!11!!!11!one!1!1!1!!!!11234!!!@1!1
Forum Resident
#14929 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuber101
Oh please...

Shrug, if I was the dev team I'd do it too. It doesn't ensure good reviews, no. However, it does make it more likely and they need all the good press they can get. I mean really is it that far fetched for the sims team? Either way, meh it doesn't matter if they got a free copy.
Forum Resident
#14930 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
The only thing I dislike about the demo is Why the HELL there is no normal looking glasses for female?

they definitely need more glasses and also to get the glasses to actually sit on their nose. Right now they float.
Lab Assistant
#14931 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by audioromance
they definitely need more glasses and also to get the glasses to actually sit on their nose. Right now they float.

Remember it's just a demo, even though I have zero faith in EA at this point; We have yet to see the final product; Besides all the creator's who attended the creator's camp said the items we saw was just half of it.
(I hardly believe that though if we're going to be honest)

The new Create-A-Sim is definitely an improvement.

http://i.imgur.com/ZM6KgPa.png
Inventor
#14932 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:17 AM

That and they float like an inch or so above the face.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#14933 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 6:39 AM
Slightly off topic: I get that multi-tasking has been improved in TS4...but there is some good multi-tasking on TS3 too:

So my question is, has any modder tried to add multi-tasking to treadmill? Is it totally impossible? Have you guys noticed any other examples of multi-tasking in TS3?

One thing I often see, that suggest sims are a little smart is that they always try to stay closer to each other. My sim would always sit to eat closer to her husband, it doesn't matter if she was really close to dinner table, if he was writing on computer she'd sit to eat on the sofa and talk to him while doing it; or if my sim saw his son watching tv he'd sit to drink his coffee right next to him. Even making food my sim would talk to other sims around e.g. her son doing homework. So it's not like TS3 sims were dumb, I hope they'll keep these minutiae in TS4.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Test Subject
#14934 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:02 AM
As much as I love the sims, I try not to play too often because it's a time suck and next thing I know it's 10 hours later and I haven't done anything all day. I haven't had much time for simming lately, but tried to check in and find out what was new with ts4 every now and then. The last time I checked, a mac version was being released at the same time, there were toddlers, pools, etc... it looked like it could be a good game only there wasn't much info out there. I read an early interview that said they couldn't say anything about pregnancy yet but it implied that they were making huge improvements. Pregnancy and children are a big part of my playing style, so I was waiting more news on that particularly.

Last night I thought I'd check it out again and see if there was something new or even a pic of a pregnant sim out yet, seeing as release is so close, and it's been one blow after another. I'm on a mac so I'm lucky enough that I don't even have the option of deciding whether to buy such a rubbish game or not. It's actually really sad that I'm GLAD that the game won't be mac compatible on release.

Basically, I've read over a hundred pages of the thread and watched lots of the new videos and basically devoured all the available information in less than 24 hours and I'm really damn disappointed. I know I shouldn't have had high hopes, and this is precisely the reason I try not to take any notice of announcements. The only thing that looks good to me is having build/buy in the same section, though I know some people aren't happy about it. For the way I build things, it would be great. I also kind of like the idea of parties having goals or whatever. It reminds me of having the principal for dinner to get into private school in Ts2 and I always enjoyed that, which is why all my simkids would always go to private school

I really don't get why they need to have more WEIRD stuff. The game has always been filled with weird stuff. The weird stuff should not be the focus of the base game... why not an ep, TS4: Weird stuff. Also more collection rubbish? Ugh. In theory, it's a good idea, but it just seems so random and out of place.

Half the things that are supposedly new are just things that I see when I play TS3 (oh how I miss TS2); they have emotions, they act differently because of other things. Oh but now the Hates Children trait includes hating their own kids and siblings? Right. Multitasking? It's sort of happened naturally sometimes. Sims will talk while eating or watching tv. Conversations in the hot tub etc. Yes, it's great that they're improving it, BUT THAT'S THE POINT OF BRINGING OUT A NEW GAME! An old feature should not be the big shiny thing that they're trying to sell the new game on ugh
Field Researcher
#14935 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 7:33 AM

The only thing I dislike about the demo is WHERE THE HELL IS MY COPY?

I still don't have it and it gives us a sad. Not, like, "I SHOULD HAVE IT AND EA IS THE WORST BECAUSE I DON'T AND THEY'RE TRYING TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER THE FANBASE AND OTHER NONSENSICAL METAPHORS." More like, "Man, I want to play. Guess I'll have to wait."
Instructor
#14936 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:03 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 9th Aug 2014 at 9:22 AM.
I wonder if it would be possible to assign "walkstyles" per outfit - with mods at least. Probably sounds silly, but I mean,

My sim Brian doesn't necessarily look "classy" walking like she's tough, which I actually like for her everyday outfit. She's a little crazy, so "camouflaging" and blending in when necessary is kinda her thing. I actually forgot to put her wig on, in that pic; which is another thing - we can't set haircolor per outfit either. It was possible in my S3 game, but most likely due to a mod (can't remember).

EDIT:
Scholar
#14937 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ProfPlumbob
I actually really shouldn't judge this whole concept of unlocking lots, I totally went overboard with that concept when making Coconut Island.

BUT I learned from my mistakes, removed the vast majority of locks/keys and then...quit working on it. *runs away*

Well, you can always redeem yourself by finishing it. I loved all the puzzles, and it was one of the more interesting worlds.

I also haz CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies as an incentive!

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
#14938 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
I wonder if it would be possible to assign "walkstyles" per outfit - with mods at least.

That's a wonderful idea! I'd definitely be pimpin my walk style out in swimsuits.

Oh wait.
Lab Assistant
#14939 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 9:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Well, you can always redeem yourself by finishing it. I loved all the puzzles, and it was one of the more interesting worlds.

I also haz CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHIP cookies as an incentive!

@kattenijin Oh gosh, trust me, I really wanted to finish it but after being burned out by it, real life and messing around with island paradise, I screwed the pooch by spreading the islands out too far. I didn't expect the boats to be so slow. So unless there's a boat speed mod, it takes far too long for sims to boat around and if I moved the islands closer together I'd have to...

redo the terrain paint (it's super easy to move the actual land but not everything else)
redo the paths
redo the flora
redo all the rocks/scenery/effects
replop all the lots in CAW and in the game
incorporate Island Paradise content
Go through the 100+ # of things I have in my list to fix/finish

That's not including the headache of having to update/patch the game and making sure it all runs OK. I do miss it though. Coconut Island is like my little train table that I spent several years constantly expanding and growing like a mad Lego freak. I've been tempted to at least load it up in the actual game and relive the memories (which I'm too scared to because I know it will lure me back in to finishing it). That was such a fun world to create and play in...

erm...on topic: Damn these limited neighborhoods and not being able to create truly explorable worlds anymore.
Mad Poster
#14940 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:06 AM
Quote:
By testing us, they're going to end up screwing themselves over and die as a company. You can't treat your customers badly. If they choose to be bad to the customers, then the customers will be bad right back. Sure, they'll get more revenue for a while, but it's like a bubble: it'll keep inflating until it pops. And then the company goes down and the customers who stayed loyal have nowhere to go. Is EA foreseeing there demise and committing corporate suicide?

Unfortunately (for us), that is very unlikely to happen. EA is comprised of many studios and many games, some of which are far more popular than the Sims Series. They've been developing the sports games for nearly 20 years, and other types of games. They won't be going bankrupt from this release alone.

This is a list of their past and present games. The Sims Series is but one of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...onic_Arts_games
Alchemist
#14941 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:33 AM
I want to take screenshots and show you guys what I've made, but it seems to not work on my computer ( prtscr + ctrl )
Instructor
#14942 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I want to take screenshots and show you guys what I've made, but it seems to not work on my computer ( prtscr + ctrl )

Alt+prtsc and ctrl+v on paint. Make sure to have the game on "windowed fullscreen" as I think fullscreen alone will make it look black.
-
Can hairstyles be converted between sexes? I'm dying to get some of those male hairstyles on my female sims, and vice versa.
Field Researcher
#14943 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:45 AM

I think there's something weird about the window. When I was in full screen mode I couldn't alt+tab to minimize and the Windows key seemed to have been disabled. For me the only way to minimize the game was to go into windowed mode and do it from there.

I'm not sure about whether or not that would get print screen working for you, as I had FRAPS open anyway so just used that.
Scholar
#14944 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
This is a list of their past and present games. The Sims Series is but one of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...onic_Arts_games

If you really take a good look at the list, you can see EA relies on putting out newer incarnations of the same game over and over. Many of those games have been having similar troubles to the Sims series; Battlefield 4, Mass Effect, DragonAge, FIFA, NFL. Many of the others are the "fly-by-night" social games who's customers are always looking for the new shiny, and anything over...I'll be nice and say ten, but its really more like 6, years old are unsupported, or the platform no longer exists. So, EA is tottering closer to a cliff than they think.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14945 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:07 AM
I just want them to overhaul one of the games that already exists, not go back to the beginning and keep making it a new game. For example why couldn't TS3 be TS2 with more advanced engine? Open world was an advance but why couldn't that have been imposed on TS2, with nothing taken away from the actual gameplay? So we keep getting comepletely new games with new goals, that just happen to have human figures in and be called The Sims X, and Sims-title games we are already involved in playing never get upgraded to better technology/graphics/engines etc

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#14946 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:08 AM
I was really excited about the chance cards but they've probably removed the options so it's literally just a card that you get to read (or maybe not even read, perhaps they removed the text) and eh back to not being excited
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14947 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
Can hairstyles be converted between sexes? I'm dying to get some of those male hairstyles on my female sims, and vice versa.

Yes, they should be possible. I don't have the demo, but looking at how you can change head size a lot, the hair seems to have nice bone assignments, making them great candidates for gender converting. I gender converted a bunch of TS3 hair with simple flagging, which looked fine. So I'd assume the same is hopefully possible in TS4.

*crosses fingers that HP won't drop Sorry, Not Possible on that* HP has poked around the hair files already, and discovered that... They are kind of a strange cluster-F of a mess.
Alchemist
#14948 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:30 AM
I remade Babs L'amore because looking at her traits she is supposed to be this casanova/golddigger and I always thought she was this desperate girl next door, not a casanova! So I remade her a bit, changed her outfit, some makeup and hair - also changed it to feminine walking.

Only have a really bad picture of her because I can't take a screenshot

Mad Poster
#14949 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:50 AM
There is no ability to take screenshots in the demo. You need to use print screen and a photo editing program.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#14950 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
I remade Babs L'amore because looking at her traits she is supposed to be this casanova/golddigger and I always thought she was this desperate girl next door, not a casanova! So I remade her a bit, changed her outfit, some makeup and hair - also changed it to feminine walking.

Only have a really bad picture of her because I can't take a screenshot

She looks much much better! :lovestruc *Dina Caliente moment here*
Locked thread
Page 598 of 920