Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 4:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
"testingcheatsenabled true" cheat not working for mailbox
Hello, I've played The Sims now for probably 10+ years. I've played Sims 3 since it came out and never had any problem with the "testingcheatsenabled true" command. I recently downloaded some mods, some where not working properly so I deleted them. I also just recently started using CCMagic. It only posed a problem after I downloaded the Housekeeper Service mod. It wouldn't let the telephone or the mailbox cheats work. It only affected the house phone, which is how you start the Housekeeper Services. I've taken out all my mods, disabled cc, cleared my cache, restarted, moved houses, everything, and it is still not working. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 2:51 PM
UPDATE: It IS just affecting only one family, but its the family I've spent the most time on, my main family, just had twin girls and got engaged!!! Now I had tried moving and it's stuck in "move in process" and won't let me go into Buy/Build Mode or into Edit Town Mode.
Alchemist
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 3:36 PM
Since it affects your main family alone, then you might have a corrupted save game in your hands (doesn't always show up as "bad"). You didn't say which mods you have but if you don't already have them, you could try downloading Twallan's Error Trap and Overwatch mods, especially Overwatch, since it's job is the correction of errors produced by the Core game or other mods. Also, if you have earlier saves, then try using them. Also, creating new user files can often help.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 8:17 PM
You could try deleting the world and then loading the backup file.