Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#16051 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queeninthenorth
The "king of CAS"? Wha...?

I just checked. The build mode guy had a name similar to king, so i got that switched up. Peter's accent is kinda hard for me to understand.
Advertisement
Scholar
#16052 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margaret Pendragon

My first Sims 4 glitch. I opened the demo to test a pair of default eyes I made, and this greeted me. (On that test run, I had the eyes formatted incorrectly though, so it was probably my own fault, but still, lol).

ETA-- applause for Tuney^^

That's some serial killer sheeeit right here. "It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!"
Test Subject
#16053 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I just checked. The build mode guy had a name similar to king, so i got that switched up. Peter's accent is kinda hard for me to understand.

Ahhh ok! Though there probably is someone out there who considers themselves the king/queen of CAS.
Field Researcher
#16054 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:36 AM
Just browsing the Gallery and whaaaattttt????

Warning NSFW

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Mad Poster
#16055 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:39 AM
Oh my God. I just took the personality quiz and got 'Bored Foodie'. And this is what they had to say about me:

"While most people seem happy with whatever is put in front of them, you are more demanding."

YES. YES I AM. WHICH IS WHY I EXPECTED BETTER FROM YOU.

ETA: Ahhh, good to see that while some things may change, others stay the same and that the Gallery is filled with high-quality, tasteful sims, just like the Exchange before it.
Scholar
#16056 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You have a very distinctive facial style that you gravitate to. He looks like he could be the brother of your short-haired blonde sim you posted before. Not that it's a bad thing, ofc, just an observation.

The thing I find most interesting about the Sims 4 sims is they all have a sameness to them. I can't quite put my finger on it. The only ones who look different are the ones that people have gone to extremes to make that way. If someone just casually makes a sim, even one that's just supposed to be "average" , it doesn't deviate very far from one that is supposed to be highly attractive; ie: celebrity sims.

EDIT:
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom

Warning NSFW

Why am I not surprised. And, of course its a female cause #boobies! #notackle #broness #maturitylevelzero

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16057 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:42 AM

Warning NSFW

From a technical standpoint, I'm curious how the heck they did that. Because EA skins always have just "Barbie" parts, and creating CC skin is close to impossible according to HP. Also, how'd they mod the clothes off? So many questions!
Field Researcher
#16058 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:45 AM
Also just watching the Gamescom Presentation Replay from SimsVIP
Whats up with the Gallery? Is it REALLY AWESOME? Installing Stuff from Exchange without restarting the game is NEW?
If I recall correctly (Correct me if I wrong ), Sims 2 already did that thing... (I remember when playing Sims2, open the ingame browser, chose the item to download eg. cars and the game download it AND automatically install it)

Scholar
#16059 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
From a technical standpoint, I'm curious how the heck they did that. Because EA skins always have just "Barbie" parts, and creating CC skin is close to impossible according to HP. Also, how'd they mod the clothes off? So many questions!

I'm guessing it's a texture on form fitting "clothes" rather than an actual skintone on a nude sim.

Annnd..... she's gone.

EDIT: They really need to have a Bieber contest, have one win and delete the other 500,000.

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Lab Assistant
#16060 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:50 AM
Yeah the Gallery is full of 'Sexy Ambers'. Someone is spamming all naked Ambers over the gallery.

Maybe this was the 'Big Reveal' EA was talking about...... x)
Field Researcher
#16061 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
Mad Poster
#16062 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kattenijin
Why am I not surprised. And, of course its a female cause #boobies! #notackle #broness #maturitylevelzero

Admittedly, it is easier to paint vulva on a skin than to mesh the gentlemen ornaments.
Field Researcher
#16063 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BubblesO
i wanna die
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw0k9Mf3aIo

R.I.P BubblesQ

Just kidding
Seriously though what is that???

Field Researcher
#16064 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:58 AM
SimsCommunity said, they and other Press attended a special 4-hour preview at the Germany EA Offices, so we might get some new information and/or footage this or the next days.
Field Researcher
#16065 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:59 AM
R.I.P BubblesQ

Just kidding
Seriously though what is that???

idk but they need to stop
Field Researcher
#16066 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:59 AM
Wow all this new information where do I begin!!??

Haha just kidding. Nothing new. Same tired crap we've been seeing over and over again. Anyone hoping to check this thread for new information can rest easy.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16067 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka

Not close to impossible, just a real pain to do a full retexture set the way we do for TS2/TS3. But adding nipples and twat to the skins is -relatively- easy, there's only maybe half a dozen body textures per gender to cover base textures, skinny, fat, muscles, etc. It's also possible those details were done as tattoos.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#16068 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:13 PM
Could it be invisible underwear mesh + underwear texture as skin parts?
Lab Assistant
#16069 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:19 PM
So swagger, very tedious, wow.
Instructor
#16070 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:20 PM
I hadn't noticed people didn't like CAS pictures here. Sorrryyyyy
Field Researcher
#16071 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:25 PM
Some sims news sites have their articles up from this germany EA preview, here is one: https://www.platinumsimmers.com/art...sims-4-preview/

If you wanted to know what services are in the game, this is a quote from the article:
Quote:
I looked what services you could hire. Only services you can hire are a maid and pizza delivery. I saw no repairman or gardener. Though they did have two options for the maid. A one time service, or a scheduled maid.

Another quote I thought was interesting:
Quote:
I was used to my Sims greeting people in The Sims 3 and then they would just move on with their own thing. In The Sims 4, they actually wanted to interact with each other.
Forum Resident
#16072 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:27 PM
I made my self sim and my two little sisters which I'm now afraid to share because of the "Sexy Amber" thing going on...

I also made this guy:

Kudaku lari gagah berani~
Forum Resident
#16073 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:27 PM
Oh well, that was a boring presentation, as usual.

They put the poor guy there just to promote their Hungry Game/Hunger Death, what a waste lol. And of course they wouldn't miss the oportunity to put an astronaut in there, what's their fetish with astronauts?

Is it just me or the homes - especially the stadium - look like they didn't load properly? You know, in The Sims 3, when homes miss the details until you are nearer to them?

But the icing on the cake came from live mode. Pancake Bob was gloomy, but during the "brighten day" interaction, he was laughing, smiling, and as soon as the interaction ended, he abruptly got sad again.

It didn't even have a proper transition. It looks like they don't have actual animations for all emotions, which is surprising considering this is all they have been working on.

And finally, noticed how the dance together interaction was ignored by the game and nothing happened? Bob just stood there until they told him to dance alone. I don't think they will ever be able to fix some of the old problems, no matter how smart they say the sims are.

And Rachel, for the love of God, you can't just say "OMG what we are going to do next is REALLY COOL" and then open the gallery. Just no, lol.
Theorist
#16074 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Yeah the Gallery is full of 'Sexy Ambers'. Someone is spamming all naked Ambers over the gallery.

I see I'm missing a lot.

I'll stick with my regular downloading methods. If there is something I don't like about a CC site, I never have to deal with it again if I don't want to.
Mad Poster
#16075 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
And Rachel, for the love of God, you can't just say "OMG what we are going to do next is REALLY COOL" and then open the gallery. Just no, lol.

I wept for her a bit.
A bit.

Also, looking back, I noticed that they applause were heard, but no one was visibly clapping.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread
Page 643 of 920