Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16401 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:16 AM
You know, if we *still* haven't seen gameplay from the build we're actually going to be buying, then maybe we should insist on seeing it first. It's a bit of a cheek to keep on demoing old builds even 3 weeks from release date.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Scholar
#16402 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm one of those crazy TITS OUT, LET'S FEED THIS KID mums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo
Lab Assistant
#16403 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
Unless they make every clothing a separate object/mesh, I don't think it'll be possible...
Besides, sims do their business with their pants on for years under those blurs...

I guess it's too hard for them to add a towel/blanket draped over the shoulder and baby's head? My mom did that all the time with my sister when she breast fed. It wouldn't require any clothing animation and it could even just magically appear like many of the other things that just appear and disappear.

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'd find sticking a blanket over the kid far more annoying than a blur personally, cos I find the blanket covering annoying in general. But I'm one of those crazy TITS OUT, LET'S FEED THIS KID mums, living in the most relaxed place on earth.

You changed my mind. I want TITS OUT, LETS FEED THIS KID

Scholar
#16404 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 8:46 AM
You know, thinking about the new sort-of-but-not-really-open-worlds, I'm wondering if the community could build their own. 'Cause I was thinking of how cool it would be to make my own massive city. Pretty sure Bridgeport had a lot of lag for most players so maybe splitting it up over numerous districts could help. Something like Urbzville. Like you could have one area that's like Chinatown, another is really rundown neighbourhood full of cheap housing and closed down shops, a boardwalk on the coast, nightclubs on top of skyscrapers, narrow five-storey rowhouses, various types of apartments, some underground hangout in an abandonned concourse in the train station.

They could add a lot more community lots, open stores, different hangouts and types of bars, public transport like taxis or a rabbit-hole subway. I think that would be pretty cool.

Also I just really love Sims: Urbz.
Field Researcher
#16405 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:39 AM
I don't know if this short video from Beyondsims has been posted yet, but I'll leave the link here anyways:

The Sims 4: Sims WooHoo | Exclusive Footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0B3x9LdjvM
Test Subject
#16406 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:42 AM
When the game comes out will we still be able to play with the CAS demo? It's gonna be a while (if ever) before I end up buying the game.
Regarding the routing, if the "improved routing" is just them passing through each other like they did in the EnglishSimmer (sp?) video, that's really disappointing. And why are they still playing an unfinished version this close to release? Shouldn't it already be finished and ready to go? I was wondering if a possible solution might be to make them automatically "shoo" any sim who is in the way. I haven't played much Sims 3 but I had a sim who disliked children who was able to shoo kids. Wonder if that would work? OT- The routing issue reminds me of an old MMO I used to play where sometimes people would go AFK in a doorway of a building and no one could enter or exit the building for hours, it was hilarious!
Took that personality test- got "Bored Foodie"

Edit- regarding the Woohoo video- it was so much better in Sims 2 with the cutscene! That was pretty "meh" IMO. Thanks for posting it though!
Alchemist
#16407 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Exactly.
If there is clipping erveryplace anyway, why not just say "we dont care" and make height sliders and dynamically growing Sims?
Theres so many other aspects where the tradeoff is just not right:
If only 20 Sims are allowed per screen, why not make them look awesome? No, we get low poly and lego hair.
If no world routing is needed because smartphone-teleportation, why not have huuuge neighbourhoods with hundrets of Sims? Nope, hoods are tiny, number of sims is too.
If every career is just an XML file saying how much you earn, no rabbit holes, possibly no career outfits, why arent there dozens of careers to choose from? Nope, just 8 tacky ones.

And finally: If they didnt have time to finish the game, why are there n walkstyles, death animations, cow plants, new meshes for home crafted furniture and music instruments. All these extras are not required in base game to make the game mechanics work.

They removed so many things and invested their time on wrong things... At this point, I don't really mind if they reuse all the animations, objects, meshes, and textures from the previous games. That way, they don't need to waste their time to recreate stuff they've made before (or dump it if they didn't recreate them), and can actually focus on entirely new, useful things.

Just call me Nikel
Top Secret Researcher
#16408 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nina333
I don't know if this short video from Beyondsims has been posted yet, but I'll leave the link here anyways:

What, no foreplay? And the bed gets made right afterwards?
Lab Assistant
#16409 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:11 AM
I liked it when they cuddled afterwards.
Field Researcher
#16410 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
What, no foreplay? And the bed gets made right afterwards?

I know! It just felt like another task that had to be completed. I don't know. It's just not as cute or quirky as the woohoo in Sims 2. I felt really creepy watching that video.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16411 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:14 AM
Yeah, very uninspired. May as well have been self-woohoo for how much the sims seemed interested in each other. I loved the little "Ehh, wanna have a go?" faces and butt-grabs and silly stuff like that with TS2. I don't need or want to see anything explicit, but it'd be nice if the sims woohooing seemed to even notice the other one exists...

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#16412 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:17 AM
Meanwhile...

Battlefield 4 (always EA).
And we simmers have grass and clouds horrendous.

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#16413 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 14th Aug 2014 at 11:05 AM.

Did beyondsims intentionally speed up the part where the male Sim suggests Woohoo in order to hide the fact that the "foreplay" in this video was like: "Should we play hide and seek in bed?" "Hm, yeah, why not?" "Ooh, goodie!"

Edit: I know that the primary target group of teenagers may occasionally suffer from rampant libido, which must be restrained at all costs, but the rest of the audience who are beyond that age mark are now in serious danger of nodding off when they see how uninspiring this whole affair is.
Lab Assistant
#16414 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:34 AM

Hah, the bit where they talk it out before heading to the room instantly reminds me of these two lines http://youtu.be/kCpjgl2baLs?t=1m1s
Mad Poster
#16415 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poundpuppysim
The breast feeding is just a shirt under the blur. Another thing that must have been to hard for them to have an animation for. Does anyone know if that's how it was for the sims medieval?

I dunno about medieval, but that's how the hidden breastfeeding animation for TS2 worked. But yeah, it really would be a hard thing to animate unless the parent stayed in one of those three different maternity clothes, and those had breastfeeding states, for the three days after birth... which actually would've been quite cool. People rarely get their figure back that quickly! But the animation was unreleased in TS2 (modders brought it back) and now all the clothes are pregnancy clothes, it would be a lot of work.

ETA: Lol forever at the hurt feelings of bros.
Mad Poster
#16416 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jendra9311
I don't know if anyone noticed, but about 8 minutes in to the video, the mother starts breastfeeding and the camera pans sideways to reveal her teenage son... Just standing there. Not embarrassed or uncomfortable or anything, just idly playing with his phone. Realistic, that is not.

Obviously this won't apply to everyone, but I'm sure the majority of teenage boys (or girls) wwould be embarrassed or uncomfortable at their mother flashing their boob, even for something as natural as breast feeding. And I'm pretty sure they can see through the censor bars, otherwise why get embarrassed when walking into another sim on the toilet?

Sim teenagers should get embarrassed or uncomfortable by that in my opinion - although adults (sim or irl) should be fine with it.

I have breastfed in front of my young teenaged siblings when they visited on school breaks. They'd walk in for a conversation or some peace and quiet and chill/chat with me for a while to get away from family chaos. They reacted as much as that teenaged boy. Same as my adopted son, who is younger. People who learn to expect it don't react as much as you'd think. There are ways to do it without outright brazenly flashing people, as anybody with experience knows. I think the idea of putting a blanket over my own kid seems a bit weird though. Mostly because I kind of like to see how everything's going instead of "oh let me censor myself to make everyone comfortable." As for the censor blur I don't really care if TS4 has it but I'd probably disable it only because the entire thing (especially bubble baths - you're covered!) is just annoying to look at after a while.

Then again, we all grew up around the world, my siblings and I - it's really only in Western and some Asian cultures (where formula is normalised) that people look at you weirdly for implying that you need a minute with your kid to feed it. When you've seen and lived in cultures without that sexualisation of breasts it's a lot easier to just go about your day. It's only when kids are raised to go "ew weird" that you'll find issues, really. I could really get into this but I won't because I'm still a bit sleepy.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
You know, if we *still* haven't seen gameplay from the build we're actually going to be buying, then maybe we should insist on seeing it first. It's a bit of a cheek to keep on demoing old builds even 3 weeks from release date.

This is what worries me. I'm afraid that the build they are showing is the build we'll be getting and they're slapping on some stupid excuse of it being an older version to shut some of us up.

Also, that woohoo video makes me uncomfortable. That looks like the worst sex ever.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#16417 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:20 AM
Another short clip from Beyondsims:

Willow Creek Flyover

http://t.co/jRDhSpbMut
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16418 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'm afraid that the build they are showing is the build we'll be getting and they're slapping on some stupid excuse of it being an older version to shut some of us up.

My thoughts exactly. After all, they didn't exactly list *which* glitches got fixed in the later builds. With this game marketing (most of my experience has been with EA and The Sims) it's as much about what they don't say as what they do.

Another short clip from Beyondsims: Willow Creek Flyover

OMG It's just *awful* :cringe:

I am not even seeing anything about the emotion system that fully shows off what they're claiming as their piece de resistance. I am used to smiling about EA's little oversights in the game, but TS4 is... well it's a wince not a smile. Not bad as a social facebook game probably, assuming free play until you want to unlock extra assets. But as a 2014 desktop PC game? Oh hahahahahahahaha

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#16419 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:38 AM
not even pressing the play button,
wow... i am already impressed

EDIT TO ADD: Also, whats up with that cloud?

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Instructor
#16420 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:42 AM

What was that?

So one of them asks the other one for woohoo and both of them kinda go "yay :D" then go upstairs. After they change and get on the bed, they don't even kiss or snuggle, but go straight under the covers, and apparently start to individually play with themselves in front of each other because you can see two "bumps" instead of one (unless they're doing it sideways, in which case, please continue). After they're done, they go to sleep for 2 seconds, and then wake up.

???

I feel like I could like this woohoo if it wasn't for the things I mentioned above. It's also longer than I anticipated. I almost felt uncomfortable watching it, like, anytime now...
Field Researcher
#16421 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiAnkhiar
What was that?

So one of them asks the other one for woohoo and both of them kinda go "yay :D" then go upstairs. After they change and get on the bed, they don't even kiss or snuggle, but go straight under the covers, and apparently start to individually play with themselves in front of each other because you can see two "bumps" instead of one (unless they're doing it sideways, in which case, please continue). After they're done, they go to sleep for 2 seconds, and then wake up.

???

I feel like I could like this woohoo if it wasn't for the things I mentioned above. It's also longer than I anticipated. I almost felt uncomfortable watching it, like, anytime now...

That making bed animation
It just me or the animation in this game is uh... is weird?

Instructor
#16422 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
That making bed animation
It just me or the animation in this game is uh... is weird?

It almost looks like he worked some magic to make the bed.

Also, who makes the bed right after they're done anyways?
Lab Assistant
#16423 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:53 AM

you really should press play it gets better ! right after while the camera spins you can see from the same corner a tree magicly pop wich was 2D
wich i kinda get i guess (i mean if we can't walk there why bother making 3D trees) but i couldn't help but laugh for a moment
Field Researcher
#16424 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:56 AM

Agree gosh it all has a rather cheap finish feel to it.Hope they keep polishing, because that is a D grade effort at this point in time.
Field Researcher
#16425 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ivinora
you really should press play it gets better ! right after while the camera spins you can see from the same corner a tree magicly pop wich was 2D
wich i kinda get i guess (i mean if we can't walk there why bother making 3D trees) but i couldn't help but laugh for a moment

WOW THAT IS SOO AWESOME!!! WILL PRE-ORDER SIMS 4 NOW!!!
2D Trees are perfect addition to the game! Who cares about pool and toddler when we have a 2-F*CKING-D Trees /s

Locked thread
Page 657 of 920