Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#3701 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
You can bath TS3 toddlers - if you buy the special baby bath from the store! I've never had anyone use it autonomously, which is irritating as according to retuner, it's already set for autonomous use.

It most probably lacks any advertising for autonomy, so, even though it is autonomous, it will not happen.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Scholar
#3702 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 2:26 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 18th Mar 2015 at 2:46 PM.
If EA is so proud of making The Sims like a sitcom, why not make an actual sitcom using the Sims 4 engine? Since they're now trying for over-the-top humor...

Oh, that's right, it will be as lame and unfunny as "Heil Honey I'm Home" and the show about the Geico cavemen.

Preventing-a-double-post Edit Spectacular:

I used to hate the Stir Crazy moodlet from The Sims 3. Now I realize it was the Sim telling me "Hey, there's an open world! Be grateful you have it! Take me out to play in it!" Can't really do that in The Sims 4 because of the tiny worlds...

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#3703 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sydsyrious
The toddler crib tantrum upon waking up was funny at first but now I really wish I could find a mod for that. My Sim could be standing right there waiting for the kid to wake up and the kid goes right into the tantrum before they can be picked up. So on that little interaction....I much prefer 3 where they just sit there and look around if their needs are met....much like my own children would do.

This was my only problem with TS2 toddlers. Even if every other need was full, the minute they woke up in their cribs, they'd let out the most annoying wail. I've had parents take them out of their cribs, before their energy is completely full, just to avoid that. And when they learn to walk, I just give them a proper bed (thanks to the previously linked CC) so they can let themselves in and out
Instructor
#3704 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 4:35 PM
Thanks for the link to the toddler beds, they are adorable! And useful!
Field Researcher
#3705 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@sydsyrious you can mod it so the toddler sleeps all night http://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Childcare.htm

Or you can get a toddler bed/sleep mat that they can get themselves up from. http://modthesims.info/d/464847 http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=1530815
I prefer to use a mat or a bed so I can send them to skill er play. Most things that can be modded have been modded.

If they have learned to walk they can climb out of the crib, they wont run away or ask for food or the potty though because they can walk. They can ask for food as soon as they are toddlers, with no training at all.

Slips a few adorable pictures in...

Unrelated but hey those were my favorite eyes replacement in TS2. I'm using them currently for my TS4 simmies as well.
Scholar
#3706 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:39 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 18th Mar 2015 at 8:24 PM.
Expanding on a previous thought:

TS4 tries to get the player engaged through a series of goals and character skill building, like an RPG.
It also tries to get the player to laugh by providing contrived situations, like a sitcom.

The equivalent is if KFC replaced their chicken with a taco sundae. Of course, Taco Bell is Yum's taco division, not KFC.

And another Double Post Prevention Edit Spectacular:

They shut down a thread due to perceived insults to EA staff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-and-wishes/p10

Sounds more like Lucy/Rachel found out and threw a tantrum over it, the likes of which would make an average toddler cringe, until the thread was locked.

3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Lab Assistant
#3707 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 9:37 PM
This is making me miss toddlers so badly :c i want them back in ts4 but it's not going to happen if the problem with babies that are free from their cribs is that sims can magic away held objects. That same problem would obviously be present for toddlers, and i'd assume even pets? At least if they don't plan on fixing it. What were they thinking?
One Minute Ninja'd
#3708 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hippiebones
This is making me miss toddlers so badly ............................

I don't miss toddlers. I have a whole bunch of them in my TS3 sessions. And I even have two new worlds for them, with lots of lots and stuff. A beautiful rendering of Barcelona by Nilixis, and a new one from My Sims Realty, SimLau Isles.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3709 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
This was my only problem with TS2 toddlers. Even if every other need was full, the minute they woke up in their cribs, they'd let out the most annoying wail. I've had parents take them out of their cribs, before their energy is completely full, just to avoid that. And when they learn to walk, I just give them a proper bed (thanks to the previously linked CC) so they can let themselves in and out

No need for any of that, they can use a sleep mat or a toddler bed as soon as they turn into toddlers. No skills needed. Or if you mean you don't want them in a bed if they can't walk, use the mat, that's what I tend to do from a game play stand point for newly turned toddlers. Seems more realistic then a bed if they can't walk.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3710 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood

TS4 tries to get the player engaged through a series of goals and character skill building, like an RPG.
It also tries to get the player to laugh by providing contrived situations, like a sitcom.

The equivalent is if KFC replaced their chicken with a taco sundae. Of course, Taco Bell is Yum's taco division, not KFC.

They shut down a thread due to perceived insults to EA staff: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-and-wishes/p10

Sounds more like Lucy/Rachel found out and threw a tantrum over it, the likes of which would make an average toddler cringe, until the thread was locked.

What to expect of the official forums?
The thread you linked is one of the few where you can see logical facts and reasons why sims 4 sucks (no just random wow, I love this game - sims 4 is perfect because it's the sims 4!). I totally agree with the one who talked about the game direction by Rachel and Lucy.
Rachel and Lucy can sit and enjoy on their throne while the sims series future disintegrates.
Mad Poster
#3711 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:02 AM
They can't take any criticism either. Boy, I thought professionals were above the fray and could take anything a customer dishes out..(except for physical violence..a big no-no!).

So they were hurt by all the bad stuff the posters wrote? Maybe their consciences are getting a battering-like not having any.
Forum Resident
#3712 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:19 AM
The moderation over there has become more draconian over the last month or two. Yet still, the "I love Sims 4 and all you haterz should GTFO!!11oneoneeleventyone" threads are often allowed to remain open.
Funny that.

Personally I agree with what was said in that thread. Neither Rachel Franklin or Lucy Bradshaw should be anywhere near a sims PC game. It's quite clear they have absolutely no bloody idea what they're doing, and no understanding of their playerbase. Even Lyndsay what's her name has admitted on occasion that she has misunderstood what family play means to some players or something equally clueless along those lines. When the people who create the game apparently have such a little to no understanding of their players, and they have tunnel "vision" in how their game should be infected with social media concepts like hashtags and selfies, and the emphasis is on bro's, ho's and shallow exploits at the local bar over things like proper family play, the charming NPC's that used to be included, sandbox play and amusing humour vs stupid and unfunny potty humour, then I think the series has probably just about hit rock bottom.
Lab Assistant
#3713 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:26 AM
I'm so happy to see the success of Cities: Skylines. Hopefully their success will pave the way for another company to pitch a life sim. Someone out there has to realise just how many of us would buy a well-made sims game.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3714 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:28 AM
Well, just remember, Lucy might have gone a bit astray with the vision thing with TS4, but she still made ~$1.3 Million on her stock options for 2014. Wish my bonuses worked like that.
Instructor
#3715 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:50 AM
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this here but:

Former SimCity artist is modding buildings into Cities: Skylines
Quote:
We keep suckling on Cities: Skylines news teat, because a) it's good, b) it's doing well—having just broken the 500k sales mark—and c) it has mod support, and so has a community that's consistently pumping out great stuff.
For instance, right now on the Steam Workshop you can find a couple of buildings from Bryan Shannon—a former Maxis employee who worked on both SimCity and its expansion, Cities of Tomorrow.
Whatever you think of SimCity—and I know what you think, I have read the internet—it was a beautiful looking game. That's reflected in Shannon's buildings, which fit nicely into Skylines' aesthetic while experimenting with its look.
"Overall, this coal power plant is a deviation from the original style," writes Shannon of his coal power plant. "This asset introduces a nice dirty brown brick in to the game's overall neutral palette."
You can see Shannon's Skylines buildings here , and see the work he did for SimCity over at his blog .
Update: Shannon is now on Patreon , taking pledges to fund his work inside of Cities: Skylines.

http://www.pcgamer.com//former-simc...ities-skylines/

Let's just agree to disagree.
Scholar
#3716 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:03 AM
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...mysimsvision/p8

See the last post...Hopefully, the higher-ups will see that their "vision" goes against what the fans wanted.

Instructor
#3717 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syb
I'm so happy to see the success of Cities: Skylines. Hopefully their success will pave the way for another company to pitch a life sim. Someone out there has to realise just how many of us would buy a well-made sims game.

Not to toot my own horn or anything like that, but I made a thread on the Paradox forums asking if they'd make a life sim. It could use some signal boosting and support.

Link here
Mad Poster
#3718 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 4:22 AM
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...mysimsvision/p8

See the last post...Hopefully, the higher-ups will see that their "vision" goes against what the fans wanted.

I'm often quite skeptical of what will come of those little "survey" things, where they thousands what they wants. It never feels like the criteria generate useful results. It also tells me EA doesn't really know what they want to do with the series outside of general ideas, It's like a mish-mash of trying to satisfy fan whims and producer demands.

Meh. I don't work there - not my problem.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#3719 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:52 AM
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...style/p3#latest

The use of EAxis is now considered censored on the forum. I am the guilty party for that. Oops!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#3720 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:54 AM
LOL! lol.... Oh man.

(I have never used that word, but now they tempt me.)

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#3721 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 6:18 AM

That's a great way of explaining what they did with TS4, DrChillgood.

This message, posted by SimGuruBChick explains exactly why TS4 is so dumbed down:

"Sorry folks but this thread is now closed. Posting disparaging comments about EA staff is against the Rules."

If they don't know what the word, disparaging, means, then there is no way they could know how to make a good life simulation game.

Per Dictionary.com: disparaging: that disparages; tending to belittle or bring reproach upon:
"a disparaging remark." Link:http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disparaging?s=t

There was nothing disparaging in kimjo313's post:

"Just another disappointment. Can not say I was surprised. I have issues with a number of things in GTW, and it looks like lack of emotions is another. At this point I have basically given up on TS4. RF and LB have a vision for the game and they are not going to change it. Add in the shoddy coding and other poorly designed aspects and it makes for an expensive coaster for my desk.

kim"

Nothing in Kim's post belittled or brought reproach on anyone. I have to agree that RF and LB must have been having a tantrum that caused this thread to be closed. For some reason, they just cannot accept what is the truth. I believe it has to do with the fact we've reached the age where too many people are told that we have to say everyone is special, even when they are not, so mediocrity becomes AWESOME, in the words of many of the Gunots.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3722 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
They can't take any criticism either. Boy, I thought professionals were above the fray and could take anything a customer dishes out..(except for physical violence..a big no-no!).

So they were hurt by all the bad stuff the posters wrote? Maybe their consciences are getting a battering-like not having any.

See now I don't understand that. If a thread is closed due to statements a moderator disapproves of for any reason - especially if they are seen as defamatory or slanderous - wouldn't the correct action be to delete the thread and remove the statements? Closing it and leaving it there just kind of cements the thread as a record.

Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
I made a thread on the Paradox forums asking if they'd make a life sim.

Copycat! :P

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#3723 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
See now I don't understand that. If a thread is closed due to statements a moderator disapproves of for any reason - especially if they are seen as defamatory or slanderous - wouldn't the correct action be to delete the thread and remove the statements? Closing it and leaving it there just kind of cements the thread as a record.

That would be too obvious, so they leave the topic there just to make as if the topic was closed due to a rule infraction.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3724 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheNest
That would be too obvious, so they leave the topic there just to make as if the topic was closed due to a rule infraction.

Well look, if someone posted a message inciting race hatred, they'd delete it, because the post was against the rules? I would hope so. Surely any post that breaks the rules should be removed. The only reason to close a thread and leave it in situ would be that it was getting too long, or going off topic, and the thread on the whole contained useful info that needed to be preserved. Even then I'd prune the off topic stuff before locking.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3725 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tontrin
(...)

There was nothing disparaging in kimjo313's post:

"Just another disappointment. Can not say I was surprised. I have issues with a number of things in GTW, and it looks like lack of emotions is another. At this point I have basically given up on TS4. RF and LB have a vision for the game and they are not going to change it. Add in the shoddy coding and other poorly designed aspects and it makes for an expensive coaster for my desk.

kim"

Nothing in Kim's post belittled or brought reproach on anyone. I have to agree that RF and LB must have been having a tantrum that caused this thread to be closed. For some reason, they just cannot accept what is the truth. I believe it has to do with the fact we've reached the age where too many people are told that we have to say everyone is special, even when they are not, so mediocrity becomes AWESOME, in the words of many of the Gunots.
I don't think it was kimjo313's post that got the thread closed. Have you looked at the page before the last one, where users demand Ms Franklin and Ms Bradshaw to be either fired or transferred to other departments? I think it was these that caused the Guru to close the thread.
Quote:
Those two need to be removed from Sims...maybe send them to some SimsFreeplay
but get Rachel and Lucy OUT of Sims production.

They are the reason this game is tanking...they need to stick to tablet play and stop messing uo PC gaming.

When people say "oh its not the devs fault this game plum"....actually yes, it is their fault.
It starts at the top of the development chain: Rachel and Lucy have a vision for the Sims and it isn't what the fans want.

Quote:
I think it's mostly Rachel's fault. Send her back to mobile gaming.

And if I'm not entirely mistaken a similar rule exists here at MTS, too, and I'm actually surprised that the two users I quoted above haven't been sent to the simsforum jail yet and their posts deleted.
Locked thread
Page 149 of 223