Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#3726 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:49 AM
Yes, I'm sure that there are rules against insulting the mods here-but there is a huge difference between creative criticism and libel.

Just thought of this quote:
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3727 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:52 AM
I don't think there is a rule against that here? We're not meant to accuse them of being liars or scammers or anything libellous, but I think we're allowed to express an opinion that they're not in the best job for their particular talents?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3728 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:08 PM
I don't mean that we are not allowed to discuss RF's or LB's shortcomings here but rather that a thread where I make the shortcomings of Inge Jones or one of the moderators my subject would be closed quickly here, too.
So, in essence, I understand the reaction, which doesn't mean that I approve of it, however.
#3729 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:18 PM
Why don't you try it? I want to see my shortcomings discussed - it will be like having my chatroom open all over again.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#3730 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:29 PM
Inge-you have shortcomings?

Tell me it ain't so!
Mad Poster
#3731 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:37 PM
Shortcoming number one: Inge is a temptress. Exhibit A—As can be seen in this thread, Inge Jones attempted to lure Don Babilon into commiting questionable acts.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
#3732 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:40 PM
Well, this is the Receptacle already. Would this then go to the Receptacle of the Receptacle? But you know what I mean, demanding the demotion of the head of TS4 in the official TS4 forum is a thing where you shouldn't be surprised when it isn't received too well by the moderators of said forum.
As to your shortcomings? Well, first of all there's your fixation on toilets... And prisons... What vision for a future Sims game this could produce I dare not to even try to imagine.
Second, you don't know how to steer a tractor.
#3733 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Second, you don't know how to steer a tractor.

Lol!! That's right rub it in Moderator please close this thread!!!

Scholar
#3734 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:29 PM Last edited by DrChillgood : 19th Mar 2015 at 2:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...style/p3#latest

The use of EAxis is now considered censored on the forum. I am the guilty party for that. Oops!

Every time I see "plum" on the official forums, I imagine Lucy Bradshaw saying "Whoa! You've got a potty mouth! Here, have a plum!" in a really condescending voice before violently slapping the poster.

I've removed the inflammatory content from my GruntGuruSim Twitter so I can use the ThisIsMySimsVision tag.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Mad Poster
#3735 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:44 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 19th Mar 2015 at 3:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't think there is a rule against that here? We're not meant to accuse them of being liars or scammers or anything libellous, but I think we're allowed to express an opinion that they're not in the best job for their particular talents?

The rule is you can't "flame" members, so you can call Grant or Lyndsay a liar (but only in the Receptacle because you can't insult EA at least in the Sims 4 Forum; I'm sure it's okay in the Sims 3 Forum lol) - Graham, however, is a member.
All the gurus and Rachel Franklin and the other one should sign up over here and make a few posts about how they don't play The Sims and then the personal remarks will be verboten everywhere on this forum.
/s
Mad Poster
#3736 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Every time I see "plum" on the official forums, I imagine Lucy Bradshaw saying "Whoa! You've got a potty mouth! Here, have a plum!" in a really condescending voice before violently slapping the poster.

I've removed the inflammatory content from my GruntGuruSim Twitter so I can use the ThisIsMySimsVision tag.

I remember when I first ran into the word 'plum' on their forums. I was so confused about what the heck was going on, especially since I always associate plums with laxatives.

Instructor
#3737 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I don't think it was kimjo313's post that got the thread closed. Have you looked at the page before the last one, where users demand Ms Franklin and Ms Bradshaw to be either fired or transferred to other departments? I think it was these that caused the Guru to close the thread.

Quote:
Those two need to be removed from Sims...maybe send them to some SimsFreeplay
but get Rachel and Lucy OUT of Sims production.

They are the reason this game is tanking...they need to stick to tablet play and stop messing uo PC gaming.

When people say "oh its not the devs fault this game plum"....actually yes, it is their fault.
It starts at the top of the development chain: Rachel and Lucy have a vision for the Sims and it isn't what the fans want.

Quote:
I think it's mostly Rachel's fault. Send her back to mobile gaming.

And if I'm not entirely mistaken a similar rule exists here at MTS, too, and I'm actually surprised that the two users I quoted above haven't been sent to the simsforum jail yet and their posts deleted.

Sure, however neither of those are belittling nor reproachful comments. It's like I say, they just cannot handle the truth. Poor little baby Gunots. I feel so sorry for them making a ton of money while putting out half-baked games with "their vision". In any job, one needs to be able to take criticism, because it helps one do the job better.

However, if one thinks that one is already doing an "AWESOME" job when it is only sub-par quality or below, well, all I can say about that is, "You can't fix stupid". I wasn't going to say it, because it is a bit inflammatory, but, there it is.

Is it not better to be counted among the strange rather than the incurably stupid? ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#3738 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 5:32 PM Last edited by Misty_2004 : 19th Mar 2015 at 6:06 PM.
Nope, Tontrin, not stupid, just delusional.

FYI: The first Cities: Skylines post-release patch is out. Release notes are here. They still have other kinks they're working out.

ETA: Because I forgot to post back here after I found out but someone (I think it was Nitromon) asked about FPS in Cities: Skylines. Well, my son always laughed at my low FPS in Minecraft. How he has good reason now to roll on the floor laughing because I'm getting between 6.5 and 7.5 FPS. How bad is that?
Mad Poster
#3739 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 6:02 PM
My favorite part of those patch notes is this line right here: Please note: if your specific issue has not been fixed, it's of course still on our to-do list. Do not worry!

Theorist
#3740 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 6:11 PM
Yeah, and I just downloaded the patch and was flabbergasted. It took about twenty seconds to download so I know it wasn't very big. If this had been EA it would've taken two or three months to do the same thing and the patch would've been at least 300 megs in size. So I downloaded, started the game and disabled two mods no longer needed (according to one of the devs there shouldn't be a need, at least currently, to update mods for the patch), turned down the Chirpy volume and started the game.

Oh, I edited my post above to include my FPS rate because I know someone was asking about that a while back and I only just installed the mod to find out yesterday.
#3741 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misty_2004
Yeah, and I just downloaded the patch and was flabbergasted. It took about twenty seconds to download so I know it wasn't very big. If this had been EA it would've taken two or three months to do the same thing and the patch would've been at least 300 megs in size. So I downloaded, started the game and disabled two mods no longer needed (according to one of the devs there shouldn't be a need, at least currently, to update mods for the patch), turned down the Chirpy volume and started the game.

Oh, I edited my post above to include my FPS rate because I know someone was asking about that a while back and I only just installed the mod to find out yesterday.
Seems that they have a solid foundation over there at Paradox, eh?
Theorist
#3742 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:11 PM
Yeah, Don, I'm still in shock over a company that seems to be actually competent for a change. And to think their whole dev team is comprised of only thirteen people. That's probably part of the reason they actually do a good job. You know, too many cooks and all that.

I read threads on the official forum and not once have I seen a single one of them make an excuse for anything. They answer questions and give advice, all in a professional manner. One of the them was saying yesterday or so they're currently working on a free content update that will include tunnels, among other things. He said he couldn't say much about it but he DID say tunnels (a hugely requested feature) is part of that update.
Top Secret Researcher
#3743 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:33 PM
Well, I'm a happy camper. My brother's getting a new graphics card, and his old one, he says, should be more than up to Cities: Skylines. So when he gets the new one in the mail, he'll do a little brain surgery on my computer. (Nothing like having in-house IT support!)

ETA: I think Moo from Colossal Order said that high on their work list for a patch are both tunnels and European-style wall-to-wall structures, which I think were both frequently requested items.
Theorist
#3744 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 9:37 PM
Euro-style wall-to-walls too? *swoons* That I did not see.
Field Researcher
#3745 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Andygal
Not to toot my own horn or anything like that, but I made a thread on the Paradox forums asking if they'd make a life sim. It could use some signal boosting and support.

Link here

Hey, so Paradox just responded.
Quote: Originally posted by shams
We first talked about taking on the City builder genre 4 years ago.

We, rightly so, came to the insight that it's not something one does in one bold stroke. It's like knocking over a refrigerator - you have to rock it back and forth a few times and then you push it over. It takes time, patience and preparation

Cities In Motion 1 was released in 2011
Cities in Motion 2 was released in 2013.
Cities Skylines was released in 2015.¨

The Life Sim genre is a very, very big fridge. But it's sure one we'd like to knock over. Keep an eye out for our 2016 releases for the first push

/shams

Probably the best life sim news I've heard in a while.
Mad Poster
#3746 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
Hey, so Paradox just responded.

Probably the best life sim news I've heard in a while.

Now that perked me up a bit. Exciting news!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#3747 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:48 PM
OMG...I love them so hard.

Instructor
#3748 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:52 PM
Dear Paradox. You can find my wallet in the black purse on top of the small table in the hall. Help yourself with whatever you want from it, please.
#3749 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:53 PM
Hopefully the air is getting a bit harsher for the originators of life sims. The next one to start scratching at the fridge's doors is perhaps going to be Clockwork Empires. It's another build simulator, probably more akin to Civilization or Banished than SimCity, but it promises basic build mode tools and an evolving AI for the population with emotions and memories.
Time for EA to pack those briefcases with a lot of cash. There are quite some companies to buy out now.
Personally I am waiting for this one as I am not too much into city builders.
Mad Poster
#3750 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 11:00 PM
Ooooh! I'm getting TS1 vibes from that game!
Locked thread
Page 150 of 223