Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
People gotta give some respect to get some. I'm aware that this is not a popular thing among certain circles within the community, but nobody from the top down the the bottom of the chain is giving the very people that put bread and butter on their tables any respect.

No pretending from this bully. Gurus and the like have been told over and over again from many angles since September to chill out with the snark and crap being posted on Twitter. They didn't listen. If all the stockholders thumbed their noses at EA tomorrow, my feelings would not be hurt. Would EA be able to function and stand on it's own two feet without Wall Street? Absolutely not!

Let them continue walking around with this fingers in their ears while singing "La-la-la-la!" investors do not play these silly games that is comparable to behavior that can be seen on a episode of Romper Room. No, investors want their money and a piece of the profit. If they don't get it, they leave. My world doesn't turn upside-down because I don't have the newest sims game. Nobody in my world cares if I play sims or not.

Please EA, let it be business as usual. At some point the empire will implode and we can all move on.

This.

I'd rather be short on info than thrown into continuous debate and confusion because someone treats their Twitter like a high school Myspace page. If you're gonna go the social media route to promote your business (an already risky endeavor), know what the hell you're doing.

Act unprofessional, be dealt the consequences. That's business.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:44 PM
@TMBrandon point taken Still, I strongly disagree, though.

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I still think it could bite us on our bums for the future. Their postings will be monitored more closely, and you'll find them being far less willing to speak as individuals and more likely to just pump out whatever is EA's latest message.

You don't know me, so first of all, lemme just start saying that I love you for all you do on this community But I don't think we should tame our reactions in fear that EA will fight back and shut the Gurus up.

The reason why Gurus are talking to us is because they *finally* realized that communication is key, so if they feel like they should go back to letting us at the dark, it's their product that will suffer.

Perharps, if players were louder during TS3, things would be different for TS4.

Now that the majority is finally speaking against their crap, a smart business model would see that as an oportunity. On the other hand, if EA decides to fight their consumers - which is a terrible, terrible thing to do - then so be it.

We do not owe them anything and I don't think we should believe that we do. Some people have that "we should be thankful..." mentality that I truly hate and believe we should be away from it.

It's EA that own us. If they want to listen, fine. If they don't, eventually people will be over it. They are not making games to be cute. They want to make money. In the case of The Sims, casual fans probably won't buy everything they see on the store, EPs, SPs and GPs. That's what fans do. So keeping the fans happy is essential for this model to continue.
Top Secret Researcher
#128 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:02 PM
I'm thrown off by the "show gratitude" thinking as well. What do they want, a letter of apology? Fruit basket? Valentine's Day cards?

The Sims is not a charity. It is not a Kickstater indie project. It is part of a multi-million dollar corporation. We have to shell out hundreds of dollars to buy video games and update our computers. Isn't that thanks enough?

Theorist
#129 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
This.

I'd rather be short on info than thrown into continuous debate and confusion because someone treats their Twitter like a high school Myspace page. If you're gonna go the social media route to promote your business (an already risky endeavor), know what the hell you're doing.

Act unprofessional, be dealt the consequences. That's business.

I agree, but I'm also done with this Us vs Them battle that has been going on for awhile now. EA is not going to be the adult in the room, so it's up to customers to put a end to it.

Nobody around here at least is asking gurus to break rules, ect... There is no need for all BS and yet it continues. I guess there hasn't been enough heat and 'bullying' applied to make that stop as well. I have a 15 year old stockpile of torches and pitchforks in my closet. I'm not afraid to drag them out as this whole sims must be popular in the sims community is highly overrated. Just taking a proverbial stroll around Tumblr will show how well that works. Want to talk about bullying and abuse? Take a hard look at some of those people and they work for free.

Meh! Maybe the rule of things having to get ugly before they get better applies here. I'm skeptical....
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Perharps, if players were louder during TS3, things would be different for TS4.

I think players were loud enough, but EAxis never bothered to listen and question their decisions and vision.

I consider that I bear the responsibility to have kept buying EPs and store stuff even when I was dissatisfied with my experience in TS3. If enough players adopted the same behavior, all EAxis saw was a continuous stream of revenues, and a commercial success. Why re-think their vision in those conditions?

Now, I haven't bought TS4 yet, I've tested it for 48 hrs, I'll post my opinions in the feed back thread and I'll probably end up buying it when its price comes down to what I value it (20$-30$ max). What will EA understand to this? The truth is that I don't know. Whatever I do, I can't influence what they do. They might get the clue that there is still a large, profitable and loyal market ready to spend a lot of money on this franchise. But if only they design it as traditional Sims games and not some form of childish, cheap substitute. And maybe they'll understand something else because it suits them better. Whether they want feedback or not, and what they understand in it or not is their sole responsibility, not mine. My responsibility and freedom as a customer is to decide what I buy or not, and at what price I buy it if I do.
Top Secret Researcher
#131 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:15 PM
It's more so of giving them what they want (money) in the end.

You can chastise a child all day long, but if you give them the candy they temper tantrumed over, your words be damned.

Reinforcement and punishment. Learning & Conditioning 101.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#132 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:26 PM
Since the trial is over, I see no reason to let this thread continue to be a bitching thread about EA.

Reminder!
Stay on topic or risk getting warnings. If you get repeated warnings you may lose your posting privileges in the forum. If you don't even like TS4? Why are you posting in TS4 Discussion?
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: Ended
Page 6 of 6