Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:54 PM
Default How to make an interaction available for target sim only ?
Hey everyone , I hope you all are doing great .

I've been working on a new mod that adds kind of social interactions .

And the new menu appears when I click on Actor sim or Target sim ..

How can I modify the code so the menu only appears for Target sim ?

Also , how can I make certain interactions autonomous by sims who have certain trait , such as Mean spirited OR Evil ?

Thanks alot .

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .
I used to bite .. but i don't do that anymore . Have fun! :)

Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:06 PM
I don't quite understand the question. When you click on a sim, that sim is the Target and the menu appears on him/her. The Actor is the sim you currently have selected, the active sim. So interaction menues should only appear on the Target.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#3 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:15 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one confused.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 12:44 AM
I am sorry that i didn't explain better .

What i mean is that i want the interaction be available only on non active sims .

for example i am playing with a sim called mark , and i want the interaction to be available on all other sims but Mark , The sim that is currently selected . ( such as when you click on other sims you see " Friendly , Romantic Etc ... ) But you don't see these interactions on the actor sim " Mark "

How can I do that ? Also how can i make people with evil trait or mean spirited trait do these action autonomously even if they are not selected .

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad explaining .

. I am a 20 years old male ..I'm not a Female .. and my name is not Bella .. as everybody think .

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 4:20 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 14th Apr 2014 at 4:40 PM.
Got it: you want the interaction not to show when the active sim and target sim are the same.

Try this in your interaction Test method:

return (actor.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId != target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId);

Or if you have other conditions in your Test method just include "actor.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId != target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId" in your conditions.

I don't have experience with autonomous interactions.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Got it: you want the interaction not to show when the active sim and target sim are the same.

Try this in your interaction Test method:

return (actor.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId != target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId);

Or if you have other conditions in your Test method just include "actor.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId != target.SimDescription.SimDescriptionId" in your conditions.

I don't have experience with autonomous interactions.

Thank you so much CmarNYC , I tried that method And tested it in-game and it worked perfectly <3 !

I don't know how to thank you enough , you always help me with everything , and I wouldn't have created any mods without your helps .

You are truly amazing , God bless you :lovestruc .

I will delete this post and create another one for the autonomous trait thing .

Thank you ! .

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:11 PM
Don't delete the post, it may be useful to other people

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 5:23 PM
@Inge Jones

You're right , but I thought i have to delete solved questions .

I will keep it then .

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 6:24 PM
No, you have got the wrong impression from somewhere, about deleting questions.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)