Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#2176 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Remember the good old days of TS2, when each stuff pack had at least two or three distinct "styles" to it and the store offered sets that were unique, beneficial, and useable? Guys?

/dejected look

There's done the exact same thing with stuff packs, with the exception of high end loft, which is the same as Glamour Life.

Also, branded packs don't count (IKEA, H&M, Diesel).

Actually, having my tools themes is what hurt 3's packs. High End Loft benefitted from having one theme and it shows (even though most of it is ugly).

Compared to Kitchen and Bath, where all of the elements played off of each other, or Mansion and Garden where there themed were divided, but the content was well supported within the three themes, and still provided content outside of the three core themes.

The store... We do not speak of.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2177 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
http://simsvip.com/2014/04/11/sims-...nd/#respond-sys

Exactly what would the architecture even look like?

Given that they hinted that it's a "Mansion and Garden" set, it will probably be American second empire architecture, just like the Sims 2 Mansion and Garden:

Theorist
#2178 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:59 PM
I can smell rose tinted glasses. We are in a better moment right now, honestly, the TS2 store wasn't as good as some of you guys are remembering it!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#2179 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I can smell rose tinted glasses. We are in a better moment right now, honestly, the TS2 store wasn't as good as some of you guys are remembering it!

What was in the TS2 store? I don't remember much about it.
Mad Poster
#2180 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:40 PM
A few sets from expansion packs, some new sets and some content ripped from Apartment Life.

I wasn't a fan of most of the new stuff in Sims 2 the store. Nothing I'd buy, really.

Forum Resident
#2181 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 11:58 PM
A few sets from expansion packs, some new sets and some content ripped from Apartment Life.

I wasn't a fan of most of the new stuff in Sims 2 the store. Nothing I'd buy, really.

Ohhh. So it wasn't as ridiculous as TS3's store, then.

What happened to the sets they published only from the store, though? Are they just lost forever since the site's not around anymore?
Field Researcher
#2182 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:31 AM Last edited by darthesp : 13th Apr 2014 at 12:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TARLACHRed
What was in the TS2 store? I don't remember much about it.

I 'acquired' the store content from other places long after the store bit the dust. I didn't like the hair but I still use a lot of the furniture and clothes.

Some of the stuff they recycled directly into the TS3 store, like the Asian fusion and castle sets (the TS2 castle set also had a bunch of outfits and hair). They also had cubic and art deco furniture sets; monster stuff (Frankenstein's monster outfits and hairstyles); and a whole bunch of outfits, like 'Art nouveau', African, ancient Egyptian, and 1940s-style formal wear.

The store also introduced two new baby objects, kind of like the precursor to what became premium content, though I rarely used them because I just preferred to leave babies in the cribs and not deal with them.

edited to add:
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

The TS2 store was pretty much a test run for what they wanted to do with 3. That was my feeling, at least. The TS3 store is better in that they offer a lot more interesting content, but it's also worse in that:

1) the prices are totally incomprehensibly out of this world ridiculous
2) a lot of the content rightly belonged in the base game (I'm looking at YOU, changing table and greenhouse)
3) a lot of the content rightly belonged in its own EP (farm stuff, OFB-type stuff)
4) a lot of it doesn't even work correctly or how it was advertised or with other features of the game or at all

The prices I can deal with by just not buying or waiting til the stuff goes on sale. The other 3 are inexcusable, IMO, especially #4.
Alchemist
#2183 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:44 AM
I felt like we'd be getting modular roof sets like AL and M&G used to have. We haven't had any modular roof sets in TS3, have we?

Just call me Nikel
Mad Poster
#2184 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 1:08 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 13th Apr 2014 at 1:28 PM.
We have cornices. 1 in game and 1 in the store. I figured we'd have gotten a set in Supernatural, but never did. It was obvious to put it there, given all the other Victorian stuff in the game.

The set would need (to please me):

Modular roof
Modular cornices (smaller, attached to wall and [can be] used beneath the modular roof pieces.)
Modular Ivy (unlike that from the store market venue)
Tall hedges
A small fountain
Fancy windows
Fancy doors
Columned fences
Matching rail and stairs
Some kind of PC. Pickable/growable flowers, ceiling fan, or some sort of fancy new staircase (to match the stairs above).

I wish it was actually a mansion and garden. Like REAL gardens, like you see in those fancy magazines. We could use more of that.

Alchemist
#2185 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 5:00 PM
We can all agree that EA are the thiefs.
Soooo, why can't you guys play the same game?
(Get my hint, because .. oh I don't want to get banned)

BORROW IT
Theorist
#2186 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
I have both this new set and that Bohemian Garden. DouglasVeiga's Corn Stalk 2.0 mod still works for me.

Thanks for letting me know. I took some mods out to see if it's a mod causing it to not work, and preliminary results indicate that it is NRASS Error Trap. Still testing this to be sure, but if any one else who can't get the corn to work could let us know if they're using ET that would make things move along faster. ;-)

BTW, there is a new version of the Cupcake mod out at NRASS. It apparently allows you to select what kind of food you want restocked but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Field Researcher
#2187 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 7:09 AM
I have Error Trap also. Corn fix still works.
Theorist
#2188 Old 14th Apr 2014 at 11:29 AM
Darn, didn't mean to spread false rumors, then. I need to go check my desktop to see what else I removed. It was only a handful of things but my game has been so buggy lately that whatever it was, I have a feeling it wasn't just affecting the corn 2.0 mod. :-/

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#2189 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 2:22 AM
I'm on my phone at the moment, but it has been revealed that we're getting grand staircase pieces. I'm not exactly sure what each pieces is, but that's what Alan said.

Edit:

Looks like a center staircase, a railing, and separate two pieces on the side.

Given the styles of the staircase, it's traditional (my wishful thinking is saying Victorian), so I can assume we're getting mansard roofing. Only an assumption! It feels fitting. Also, I don't think the stairs are PC. The pieces for the stairs looks more like deco.

Forum Resident
#2190 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 3:19 AM
I'm on my phone at the moment, but it has been revealed that we're getting grand staircase pieces. I'm not exactly sure what each pieces is, but that's what Alan said.

Given the styles of the staircase, it's traditional (my wishful thinking is saying Victorian), so I can assume we're getting mansard roofing. Only an assumption! It feels fitting. Also, I don't think the stairs are PC. The pieces for the stairs looks more like deco.

Loved those stairs; hated the central railing wasn't removable in the TS2 version. Hope they fix that this time. Would also be nice if they'd do a 1-tile wide version which sweeps to one side or the other -- say, outward from a wall.

EDIT: Oops! Just looked at SimsVIP which adds this:

"These new stair attachments are incredibly versatile, allowing you to create a variety of unique looks."

Sounds like maybe they're modular? W00t!
Mad Poster
#2191 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 4:00 AM
From observing the picture, I can see the normal modular (base game?) staircase in the center, with a new railing. On the sides, I see slightly off-color pieces, for left and right (probably used to maximize output potential with creating an entirely new stair object - so, no sliding down the railing).

In theory, you could have an entryway with two single tile grand staircases that lead upstairs with an arch way in the center, like those fancy mansions.

Forum Resident
#2192 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:10 AM
Looks like a two-tile wide staircase where they added a central railing to make it match the Sims2 version. That makes a normally two-tile staircase into a four-tile monstrosity, but hey - that's what we want, right? The curved sides are probably just decorative and the sims will only use the middle straight parts just like regular stairs. Would be nice if they added a rounded side module to make the straight middle section look curved too, so you could have C shaped stairs in the center of your mansion. But I'm not holding my breath.
Forum Resident
#2193 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:16 AM
How much would everyone tease me if I said I made a little excited squeaky noise at the prospect of FANCY STAIRS!!!!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Forum Resident
#2194 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
How much would everyone tease me if I said I made a little excited squeaky noise at the prospect of FANCY STAIRS!!!!

I was right there with you, so not me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2195 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 8:11 AM
Please make a Mansards and Gardens set. *fingers, legs, eyes, arms are crossed* *squeals with joy*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#2196 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Please make a Mansards and Gardens set. *fingers, legs, eyes, arms are crossed* *squeals with joy*

What, no toes crossed? Lewisb obviously not hoping hard enough!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2197 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:41 AM
Ahh, what a numbskull I am.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2198 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 9:49 AM
Wouldn't it be b etter to make a new thread for each of these store sets? This thread has over 2k replies now and I would have thought it was coming close to the point it could get slow to load?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
#2199 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:01 PM
It's like... why make a trillion threads for store sets when you have a central thread.
Then, you have a slow thread for everything you need and more.

I like the hub.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2200 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 12:14 PM
I second matrix54 in this. It might become a tad slower but this is outweighed by having it all in one place without having to search for the old threads in case I want to reread my rant about the Door of Life and Death in order to remind me how bad the Store really is.
Page 88 of 124