Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 7:40 PM
Default How do I attract Sims to my community lot?
Thanks to the fantastic mod by ani_ (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=513025) I used one of the café/bars in Aurora Skies and placed a few of the kitchen/bistro objects in it, making it a restaurant using the oven and the menues.
The problem is: no one is showing up! Yuki (the chef) is just standing there in the kitchen, making all kinds of food not being eaten! Anna, the waiter, is just walking around outside in the garden (she is neurotic and crazy) and she is just walking around and freaking out, feels like it's about her not attracting any customers.

Does anyone know how to attract customers or visitors to the lot? Because I just feel that it looks so sad that those two are just standing in the restaurant doing nothing, they deserve better.
Any ideas?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:35 PM
Have one of your sims go there and others will turn up before long.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:44 PM
put up a "free hat" sign
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:00 PM
You could use my ticket machine modded object.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
#5 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 9:33 PM
Well would you go to a restaurant where the waiters are insane?

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:06 PM
I will check it out Inge Jones!
But honestly, I feel really bad for the waiter Anna, she is really loosing it.

And Yuki is just standing there in here empty restaurant (note the woman in the kitchen)

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 10:46 PM
Also, what lot type did you assign to your restaurant? How many residents (teens and up) does your town have? How many of these are unemployed or have jobs that allow them to visit a restaurant during the opening times? How does your restaurant lot compare to other community lots as regards visitor rates?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:38 AM
I don't know what lot type I assigned it, I think it was just a hangout or a free to visit.
No idea about the residents but it should be a bunch, I'm playing in Aurora Skies.
Other community lots are usually visited.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 9:54 AM
Not sure if that helps but maybe try to delete the dinner and the bistro and see if more people are turning up.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I don't know what lot type I assigned it, I think it was just a hangout or a free to visit.
No idea about the residents but it should be a bunch, I'm playing in Aurora Skies.
Other community lots are usually visited.

Try setting it to something else then. If it is just "Visitors Allowed" then you'll have next to no visitor traffic. "Hangout" should be better, "Nectary" is also very good. Better are some lot types that come with opening hours, like "Arcade" or "Rebel Hangout", but I don't know whether this will conflict with the restaurant mechanism.
It's also a good idea to reduce the number of other community lots Sims can visit. Kill the competitors, I'd say. From what I read at sims.wikia.com Aurora Skies has quite a lot of beach and park lots. Try setting some of these to "No Visitors Allowed".
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 12:03 PM
Default make a CAR showcase many sims will go to your house every day or night
i put a car showcase at the top of my house which attract more sims to come at your house dont forget put some security cameras to ensure you favorite object is still in youre house
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:45 PM
A car showcase in my restaurant seems tacky.

I have learned that Aurora Skies has too many community lots, I decided to let Yuki and Anna keep their jobs, I mean, they are still getting paid for doing nothing and now when Yuki has a baby she needs to pay for it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM
I use Nraas mod and invite a whole bunch of townies. They will drop whatever they are doing and you have full house.