Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#701 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:11 PM
How many stories do you have? The pictures look like it's huge

I'm struggling to come up with a decent color for my farm house. Red = lame, I used blue on 2 of my houses already, yellow and green looks silly

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Advertisement
Inventor
#702 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:17 PM
two livable floors. But I was trying to go for a modern type exterior and wound up placing friezes between floors.
I hate it. Probably will start over. Need to save that particular brick pattern to my favorites lol So I don't lose it.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#703 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:58 PM
KAOS! I want your house! Upload it please. :0)

lol.... that R3 house of mine.. I ran out of time... so many errors in the photos and the roof. AND, I left an artifact on the back lawn and didn't even realize it until I was taking pictures. lol... Too late to fix that. I wouldn't have won anyway. That lot has CC.

TALKING about CC.. this contest makes me realize that if I want custom stuff for my game, I better get busy and make it. :D

I went and did a dumb thing.. Without thinking about it, I 'opened' that foundation4 lot and it opened the EA launcher and of course, that locked up and choked and refused to install. I forgot to unpack it with Delphy's unpacker and Grant's launcher and it borked! I have to fix that.
Top Secret Researcher
#704 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:42 PM
I can try to upload before I go on a two week holiday on Monday! Need to re-do some rooms and make it a bit better if I'm gonna upload. That + make this R4 house in time!

Think you should just copy it and spare yourself the agony of getting that launcer to work correctly

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Top Secret Researcher
#705 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:51 PM
Is there anyone who know any store item that fits the long narrow windows that came with ambitions? The classic looking ones

Lab Assistant
#706 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:01 PM
Well, I've built my Round 4 entry. Now I need to find a world to download and install that will make the photos look right. Anyone know of a VERY tiny island ( just big enough to fit the 30x30 lot and nothing else? lol)
Top Secret Researcher
#707 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:03 AM
Have you checked out armiel's builders Island?

The other one
#708 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:42 AM
I'm thinking of doing a little country pub for this round but
I have a niggling feeling that it's been done before, though I could just be thinking of something I've seen in downloads. Can anybody remember someone doing a pub in this contest? I just wanna make sure that if I do have the same idea as someone else, I don't do the exact same thing

PS There are loads of houses on here for R3 and R4 that I have loved but the last few days I have only had time to have a quick look on here before I have to run off to build so I haven't taken the time to give individual comments/feedback...it doesn't mean I don't like your house, I'm just in a hurry to catch up with everyone else

Oh, and Bgatot, thanks but I really think you're being too kind

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Top Secret Researcher
#709 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:17 AM
I can't remember any pubs being made. Only hotels with restaurants/bars in

Top Secret Researcher
#710 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:48 AM
Finding it tricky to take pictures of this house in the front/back as it's so small and in the middle without losing much of the garden in the picture

Lab Assistant
#711 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:14 AM
It's sooo quiet here lately. Too quiet. I don't like it... :D
Test Subject
#712 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:35 AM Last edited by Gail.wyness : 7th Aug 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Missroxor I built a pub for download some time ago, but I haven't seen one in this contest.
Top Secret Researcher
#713 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
It's sooo quiet here lately. Too quiet. I don't like it... :D

I know

Forum Resident
#714 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:25 PM
As far as I know, no pubs have been made, though there have been a few hotels (I should know) that have restaurants in them (after a fashion, obviously).

I'm just as tapped out for this round as I was the last one. I feel so uncreative. I need to just stick to writing, I suppose.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Instructor
#715 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:30 PM
I'm going a little out of my comfort zone this round and trying to make a small castle. I have never attempted this before, and I don't have World Adventures (which has stuff I could use). I have built it up and torn it down 3 times, but I am finally happy with the exterior. The interior is going to take a bit. I imagine I probably won't have it ready to post for two more days.

The quiet is making me nervous as well. There are some great builders out there who haven't made a peep. I think everybody is planning to go out with a bang!
Top Secret Researcher
#716 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 4:23 PM
Menaceman! I need your help.

I got the same thing that happened to you! funky wall that stnads up and can't be deleted. How did you fix it again?

Lab Assistant
#717 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:02 PM
I bet that's from playing with CFE too much. Naughty! Naughty!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#718 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:04 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 7th Aug 2010 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fragglerocks
The quiet is making me nervous as well. There are some great builders out there who haven't made a peep.

Oohhh, I agree! I am thinking of placing the foundation and building something completely different. Except, for the most part I like what I have.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Top Secret Researcher
#719 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
I bet that's from playing with CFE too much. Naughty! Naughty!

I sort of found out what it is. And probably is a result of CFE

When attempting to cover the ceiling of my shed, it like bugged and disappeared, and then appeared as a wall elsewhere. I managed to get it away by deleting the tiles in question and moving the lot to another place

Top Secret Researcher
#720 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 5:48 PM
.......... and then it's back and this time I can't find the bodged set of tiles

Field Researcher
#721 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:00 PM
Don't talk to me about CFE - what a nightmare (see arch lol).
Still have some last touches to do but nearly there so thought I'd get some feedback. The Gatehouse is as you'd imagine the gatehouse of an old castle. Behind the castle you can see where the drawbridge would have crossed the remains of the moat and there are some castle ruins behind it. The home is set in our time but the decor is still very old fashioned. I'm happy that the gatehouse is authentic and there is even an authentic style Medieval garden (Google is my best friend this week)!

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#722 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:23 PM
Wow, that is gorgeous!!! I think after the contest you should make a larger lot with the castle included!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#723 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:34 PM

I tried to go with something local this time - I've always thought these gatehouses would make great but small homes. The one marked 'Triumphal Arch' on the collage is actually expensive holiday accomodation!
I have a series of buildings in my head to do when I've finished this so maybe I could use it later...
Lab Assistant
#724 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 7:53 PM
Sandymdh, Im sure I recognise at least one of those gatehouses in your montage as being very close to where I live...

This one is about 20 mins walk from my home and I pause each time I pass it because it just 'ooozes' history and age - probably because it was built in 15th Century!

Field Researcher
#725 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:11 PM
I love the ones at the entrances to the National Trust Halls. They are completely separate but since childhood I've imagined a secret underground lounge basement joining them together! These are probably closer to you then Mia138 as I'm nr Norwich and these seem to be spread out around the county.

Page 29 of 39