Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
So with the Sims 4 being released and all there is a list of things we don't like about it. Here's mine:
1. The small neighborhoods. In Willow Creek, there's only about 13 residential lots. And right now, You can't lay down a new empty lot.
2. The cellphones. The cellphones in this game are huge! I feel like we're in the 90's again. If you're going to force us to have them at least make them modern.
3. The computers. Again, the computers look so old. Why not give us a modern flat screen computer? I mean really, it's 2014!
5. Glitches. There are definitely routing glitches. I saw one sim walking on a sidewalk, and she walked right through a fence onto the street.
6.Lack of NPC's/services. The only two services available are the maid, and pizza delivery. I miss having burglars, newspapers, police,etc.
7. Lack of firefighters. Should've been in the list above, but without firefighters, how do we stop our sims from dying in a fire?
8. Loading screens. I can understand having loading screens going to another neighborhood, but really? ONe just to go to a lot across the street?
There are probably more that i'm missing, but this is just what I dislike. What about everybody else?

Agreed
I also would love for my sim to stop going around with a dopey smile on his face. He even does that when he's on the toilet! I never thought I'd say it, but my sims just smile way too much.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:52 AM
I dislike the sims laughing while they are sleeping! They have this nervous laugh that gets irritating too. I hate that walk they do when they have to pee really bad. Why oh why must they talk to each other all over the house and carry their food with them. Sit you simmy a$$ down and shut the freak up sometimes.
Inventor
#203 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:18 AM
I'm really disliking how often my game wants to crash lately.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Field Researcher
#204 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NecroVonK
I'm really disliking how often my game wants to crash lately.

Oh no. My TS4 still do not came up but those crashes made me stop (and dislike) The Sims 3.
Test Subject
#205 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by veronica55
Another thing that annoys me is about keys we use to switch between 3 speeds + pause.

Till now, in all sims game I have used 1-2-3 keys for speed and é/" key for pause. (it's just next to 1)

and NOW, the pause key is 0 which is aaaalll the way at the end of the numeric keys line, next to 9.

Why oh why have they changed that ?? It's very uncomfortable.

That's odd, I'm able to use the tilde for pausing
Field Researcher
#207 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:49 AM
What do I DISLIKE about the Sims 4. It's a long list.
I, of course, did not anticipate that Sims 4 would have everything Sims 3 had but I AT LEAST expected Sims 3 base game content. No toddlers (seriously?), no cars, no ability to see your sims go to work/school, babies being glued to a bassinet, just the general feeling of being thrust back to Sims 2 days when you were locked into your own lot. You can't even visit a neighbor without a loading screen. No pools, babies just "disappear" and go to daycare and magically reappear when someone gets home. The list goes on and on. I have been a Sims lover since the first one launched but after paying top dollar for Sims 4 I can honestly say I have ZERO interest in playing it. The nice things they added are far outweighed buy just basic content that add that sense of realism that has been stripped away. I wish I had saved my money on TS4. It was a waste.
Test Subject
#208 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 6:54 AM
A list of my dislikes:

Build mode:
- We are not able to decide which buildings on the lot have foundations
- So far I haven't figured out that we could do a split-level house
- There are only 3 floors
- Lack of round and octagonal roofs
- If they made the effort to give us round porticoes, why not give us round walls too?
- Moveobjects-cheat is not working (Which is very annoying especially when gardening)
- There are no mansard roofs
- No CASt (though this is also a positive thing since it speeds up building and furnishing a lot. CAST was very laggy)

While playing:
- No ghosts
- Lack of self-employment jobs
- No pools
- No seasons (they could have included even that much in the base game)

There are plenty of things that I like, too. I see a lot of potential in the game and look forward to the expansions. I'm sure that after 2-3 expansions I would never return to the sims 3 again, and I don't want to do that at this point either since TS4 lags a lot less even though I have a high end gaming computer. I much rather have the loading screens than the lag.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:23 AM
As a builder, I hate the fact that there is no measuring tape tool in the build mode

Me back after a long hiatus :)
Mad Poster
#210 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:55 AM
After playing around with S4 for a while - and I was favorably disposed toward the game from the beginning - I am completely sick of:

1. The really awkward controls. There is no immersion because I am constantly shifting between keyboard controls that are awkward and mouse controls which mostly don't work.
2. The inability to get around all areas of the lot, house and surrounding areas.
3. The difficulty of the building system.

I am not having any fun because the controls just suck. Why did EA change the control system? They are so awkward. And the zoom in and out sucks. You can't really get to exactly what you want to look at. The mouse controls are minimal. The camera angles are not precise enough. It is so difficult to build with the tiny little area you have to mouse into to get control.

Oh, yeah. And the save system fails. I've had to exit the game without being able to save because it errored out and wouldn't save. I've saved and come back and found some of my housemate sims have moved to another house and no longer have any relationship with their former gf or roomie. WTF???

I'm rapidly getting to the point where I don't want to bother.
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 7:59 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to complain about this: Do ya think it's too much to ask for a little spell checking? "Troll teh forums" in the computer menu is driving me crazy!!!
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buntah
I'm sorry, but I have to complain about this: Do ya think it's too much to ask for a little spell checking? "Troll teh forums" in the computer menu is driving me crazy!!!

This is actually intentional. the whole leetspeak business... "Along with pwn, teh is a standard feature of leetspeak" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh
Forum Resident
#213 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:21 AM
OK. Here goes. The neighborhoods are too small. There is no story progression. There is no way of choosing new colors for clothing and objects without making them yourself or finding them on sites like this and things don't match. There are no pools, toddlers, dishwashers, trash compactors, or mixing machines. You can't move about the neighborhood without a loading screen. There aren't enough jobs. There aren't enough community lots because the neighborhoods are too small. I don't like the build mode and fences won't go to the edge of the lot. Nothing matches! I had to download mods to get rid of the irritating music when emotions change, to get rid of the highlighting of Sims, and to stop things like trees fading as you approach them! Also Teens are almost as large as adults. It's hard to tell the difference.

Altogether, I am somewhat disappointed with this. The Sims 3 was far superior and at least they don't laugh when they're asleep. What idiot thought that one up? Must add that the save system sucks. I looked in my saves folder and couldn't tell one from another and although you can give your save a name it doesn't show in the saves folder and each save seems to have several parts. You have to note down the time of your save to tell which is which, it's rubbish.
Test Subject
#214 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:23 AM Last edited by hanosora : 12th Sep 2014 at 8:41 AM.
Playing this game was like having a great conversation with a new person you might have a deep connection with and then suddenly, inexplicably, and without warning, you (or they) let loose a loud and wet fart, which then has the audacity to smell absolutely horrifying. Did I mention you were in a hot elevator? Because how terrible this game is is inescapable much like yourself and your victim in that damn elevator. The game is not laptop friendly, so I had to track down a mouse to use the very stiff controls, the create a sim felt like I was sculpting with old clay and the camera movement is totally bizarre and stiff and unruly. I always felt like I needed to tilt my head to see my sim and I felt something very similar to hearttbreak when I could not find the create a texture- whatever its called. The sims and everything really seem very flat since you can not edit the colors. My sim modeled after myself is black as night, since the previous shade is far too light but the shade I went with, was far too dark. The build mode removed a lot of things that made it much simpler to use and the testing cheats cheat is a joke, with little to no options that make the game easier or more fun. The lots are a joke, I couldn't move very far beyond my crappy neighborhood house on a lot smaller than a jail cell. I feel like a dog on a chain, limited in where I can go, what I can see, and what I can do. Gone is even the simple pleasure of exploring the world while my sims do just random stuff. I am chained not even to my sims, but to their crappy little lot. What is good about this game!? I spent 3 sim days looking for the business career only to have my sim work in tech, because there is no business career. No trash compactor, no terra-forming, no toddlers, pools, No FUN!!!! This game is a direct sequel to the sims 2. This game is what the sims 3 should have been and the sims 3 is what the sims 4 should have been obviously including the some 3 or 4 improvements that the sims 4 has. I want an open neighborhood, I want a friggin car! I want not a demo game! this is a demo and I hate it. I will play my Sims 3 game until EP's come out to polish this turd, since it's too late for a refund.
Mad Poster
#215 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:42 AM
@hanosora, I'm not trying to talk you out of your disappointment with the game, but I would like to point out that a majority of your complaints are based on your lack of knowledge with handling the controls. If you were not able to figure out the controls in any other game, you would feel as negatively towards that game as you do this one. Even if the devs were to add your wishlist into the game in future expansions, that you seem to be holding out for, it would not fix the basic issue of how the controls and tools work and you would still need to learn how to use them.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#216 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:55 AM
@VerDe Terre Actually you are wrong. I dislike the controls, a huge difference from being unable to use them. I know how to use them just fine, as clumsy as they are. The majority of my complaints is that the game sucks in totality. A better camera control, smoother editing and more satisfactory controls/ edits for build mode, would not make me any happier at all. My dissatisfaction is with the removal of content, the lack of incentive to tell a story and the huge step back EA has taken in comparison to the Sims 3. So please do not attempt to simplify my disgust by summing up to controls and lack of understanding. It is far deeper than that.
Mad Poster
#217 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hanosora
@VerDe Terre Actually you are wrong. I dislike the controls, a huge difference from being unable to use them. I know how to use them just fine, as clumsy as they are. The majority of my complaints is that the game sucks in totality. A better camera control, smoother editing and more satisfactory controls/ edits for build mode, would not make me any happier at all. My dissatisfaction is with the removal of content, the lack of incentive to tell a story and the huge step back EA has taken in comparison to the Sims 3. So please do not attempt to simplify my disgust by summing up to controls and lack of understanding. It is far deeper than that.
I said that because a) you said the game is not laptop friendly - it is, I play on two different laptops without issues and b) you complained that the controls were not smooth - they are, but you have to know how to use them and c) you couldn't find how to do something, but that's just a case of knowing where the tools are and how to use them. Of course your dissatisfaction goes deeper and I can tell you now, no expansion is going to change that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#218 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I said that because a) you said the game is not laptop friendly - it is, I play on two different laptops without issues and b) you complained that the controls were not smooth - they are, but you have to know how to use them and c) you couldn't find how to do something, but that's just a case of knowing where the tools are and how to use them. Of course your dissatisfaction goes deeper and I can tell you now, no expansion is going to change that.
You were wrong. Don't defend why you were wrong to me, because frankly I don't care. These are your opinions. You think it's laptop friendly, I disagree. You think the controls are smooth, I disagree. I have shared my opinions, I won't change them. I know what an EP will and won't change, I've been a Simmer since Sims 1. Don't insult my intelligence or use my fury with this game to feed your arrogance. I did not imply an EP will change the gameplay, but it may make the game bearable. We are not seriously going to sit here and pick over how I feel about this game. If you like it bully for you. I don't.
Do not approach me with your arrogance and suggest that my inability to play a game is why I don't like it. You have the audacity to approach me and suggest that simple understanding of mechanics might sway my opinion of this game, you minimize my statements even now, by bringing up 2 points both based on your opinion. I never said I couldn't find the tools, I said they were not conveniently accessible and they aren't. Knowing where they are doesn't make them more convenient to use. Every game has a learning curve so please don't sit there and suggest to me you opened this game and just knew where everything was. I put in my time with this game and I don't like it. I am allowed not to like it for literally any reason I want. It's unbelievable you are seriously making the attempt to explain to me what I don't like about this game and why I am wrong, while managing to simultaneously be condescending and arrogant as ever. The thread is to say what you don't like not to legitimize your reason. I will point out I could dislike it for anything I want, hell the colors are too bright, the font to fonty, the sims too happy! Who cares! That's my call. I'm going to play the Sims 3, I will continue to dislike the Sims 4. This conversation is over. Deal with it.
Test Subject
#219 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 10:20 AM
I have played for a few days now and I have found so many things that fall short and make this game so disappointing.

1. Very common complaint : The career choices are few and far between, it feels like they went too extreme and less realistic but this makes me sad. A lot of people who sim want to be able to have their sims do things they dreamed of doing and a lot of it feels taken away. I REALLY want the medical career back, I want my doctors back! I want a lot more 'normal' careers, it would be nice. Expansions always bring us the flashy careers that are silly and extreme, I want my base game to have the basics, please.

2. Why is the microscope as big as my starter house? This is ridiculous and I don't like it at all. I actually think saying 'I don't like it' is a massive understatement.

3. Keeping friends deteriorates way too quickly, and once they befriend you they just show up... ALL THE TIME. Can my sim please go garden without those five required friends from her cooking career all showing up at her door in the same day?

4. Extremely closed neighborhoods. I can understand not having a complete and full open world anymore, but I really dislike having to load from the bar to the gym, they are side by side and it would be nice to just walk over one store.

5. Cities are too small, lots are too few. If I want a large lot to design and built on then I actually have to destroy a lot that's already there. I wish there was more open lots at the very least so you don't have to destroy homes to add your sims.

6. Camera controls are a bit awkward, I don't know how else to put it. I did click the button to revert back to Sims 3 camera controls but some things are still a bit weird to handle.

7. Toddlers being gone does bother me, it use to be one of my favorite stages of life in the old sims games. (I could care less about pools not being in yet, pools are something I don't mind getting patched in but a stage of life is a big deal.)

8. My characters are easily lot bound, I don't find a lot of reason or use in going to other lots. There is no shopping, the bar offers next to nothing that my sims need, theres no theater, since you can't see the rest of the city you don't even know where your sims go to work just out the door and poof.

9. Muscle slider makes your character as large as a house. Come on, you can be fit and not be massive, this is particularly annoying when making fit female characters and nearly as much on the males.

These things sort of just scratch the surface of what's nagging at me about the game so far, and I avoided streams / forums / much convo about the game til I had a chance to play it myself. After only a few days I have to say that I'm already disappointed. I hate the sinking feeling that I get that the content I want, and should of been in the game already, will turn into DLC I have to pay for. I would of been happy to wait another six months for more to this game, maybe the modders will be able to make up for some of the things the game is lacking.
Test Subject
#220 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 12:11 PM
I agree with most everything here. I'm pretty disappointed with the game. The inability to lock doors has been annoying the crap out of me today.
Alchemist
#221 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
After playing it for 2 hours yesterday I realized I made the right decision to not spend $60 on it. The best thing I can say about it is if I hadn't played TS3 I might think it was an ok game
Scholar
#222 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 1:37 PM
There are things that upset me that have already been said a lot of times so I won't repeat it. But what really annoys me is the fact that needs decrease way too fast. Sims need to go to the toilet every night, seriously ?
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:00 PM
I was really excited about this game but after actually playing it for about a week I can say I am seriously dissapointed. I don't even know where to start. Lack of traits and career options is just appalling. The traits that are there do not seam to affect sims much at all except for emotions that IMHO are very general and annoyingly repetitive. Furniture babies, no toddlers, weird ass kids, freakishly tall teens... It just all looks very half-arsed too me. I am not saying I am not gonna be playing it, just probably not for another couple of years when we will at least have a few good expansions and some fabulous custom content to add some fun to what could have been the best Sims game up to date.
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:47 PM
There is so much, where to begin.... I mostly create houses, so I here are my issues:

1. Roofing. They managed to make roofing more free but also more restrictive at the same time. I like how you can drag everything into it's place, and that you can paint different roof segments in different styles.
What I don't like is that the roof styles aren't compatible with each other! My most frequently used styles are hipped and gabled. Gabled is all nice and good, but the hipped roof doesn't come close to covering the walls!
2. Wall paint. I don't know if this is just me being stupid here but when placing sidings, I can only get the white trim on the far corners of the house, and not on each individual corner. Where is the left/right trim option??
3. CAST. Seriously. The reason for Create A Style being left out is appearently that it negatively effects the performance, which I don't doubt. BUT; why don't you at least make ALL windows and doors in matching colors? I was so glad when I saw the amount of interior doors that you could choose from, until I saw that the only avaliable color was WHITE. I feel like I am playing The Sims 2 here.
4. White? I called the interior doors "white", but they really are light blue, all white things are. What is up with that?
5. Walls. Yay! You can choose the height of your walls! Now we can easily make complex stair designs and split-level houses! Well, no. You cannot. Changing one wall effects all of them, and it's the same with foundations.
6. Cars. No cars. Like. No cars. Life simulator my butt. Why did I even buy this game.
7. Ctrl. So, when removing the floor, you click and drag whilst holding ctrl, right? No. You have to use the sledge hammer, which deletes the entire floor. What??

I haven't played the game that much, so this is my first impressions. There are probably a lot more stuff that I can hate on, but this is all I remembered.

I like the graphics, the flexible wall decoration placements, CAS, vegetation, and that's about it.
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:27 PM
The excessive feature focus on making and interacting with Sim dudebros. Never before in a Sims title has the game clearly catered to making a certain personality. I have to actively work to make my male sims not a dudebro in this obnoxious game. Whoever thought this crap was cute or funny is an idiot. It's also going to make the game feel extremely dated in only a few years when the next 'thing' comes around.
Locked thread
Page 9 of 223