Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2527 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 8:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That's because you and I both know something about hardware. But generally I think most people don't see it that way. Again, I haven't actually done a poll or anything, but it is the general feel. I have had too many situations where I'm helping someone run TS3 and they're using a i5 quad core but a Intel HD 3000 or something and then give me the all too familiar "*sigh* if only I spent a little more for a dedicated card."

I have to disagree. I have seen no evidence myself of people deliberately dumbing down their spec because there will be something better along soon. Mostly people appear to be buying the best they can afford, and its their means that are limiting them rather than a strategy for underspeccing.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2528 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:12 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th Jan 2015 at 7:48 PM. Reason: sci-fi and greed!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I have to disagree. I have seen no evidence myself of people deliberately dumbing down their spec because there will be something better along soon. Mostly people appear to be buying the best they can afford, and its their means that are limiting them rather than a strategy for underspeccing.

I couldn't agree more. In the fast moving/evolving world of computer hardware, what's safe to predict anyway? You just buy the best on offer - within your price range - and hope it lasts the course. This is the rare example where the greed of software developers, to squeeze ever penny out of a product and delaying the costs and profit loss of up-scaling and recalibrating to new hardware actually slows the evolution of new hardware, and as such I can have a much longer time enjoying my cheap computer before it's a total piece of laughable crap. Greed - 1, Evolution - 0. Why does that even work?
Every single science fiction writer that ever pondered the notions of the future, had us progressing in leaps and bounds. We should all have flying cars by now! But no. Greed - 2, Evolution - 0.
Hell, even our cherished Einstein towards the end had somewhat of a techno-fear for what he saw as technology running away ahead of modern humankind. But, once again, no. Greed - 3, Evolution - 0, Einstein - -1. Perhaps that's how you finally marry the big universe with the small universe. The gravity of greed. Ah, to be a Landgraab...
Retired
retired moderator
#2529 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:18 AM
Quote:
Are you sure this is what people think? I thought the idea was to put off upgrading until you have to, and then go for top spec so you can put off upgrading again for a longer time.
Bingo. This is exactly what my hubby and I do, we get the absolute max specs we can afford, then pray it has a long life cos we're convinced we'll never be able to afford a new one. I know relatively little about hardware. I always have to consult others on those issues, and to be honest hardware concerns terrify me precisely because I don't have the knowledge to buy without risking a rip off, and can't afford to be ripped off.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Scholar
#2530 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:26 AM
I never buy top spec anymore, because I don't feel the need anymore to play the latest fps games. Nowadays I tend to upgrade or buy a new pc every two years or so and then go for best bang for the buck instead of top spec. This works if you play primarily games that are on sale. The hardware you buy was among top when those games were released Steam summer/winter sales ftw!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2531 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:49 AM
Is there a niche market in games for top-spec fans who can afford top-spec machines and want to see them working to their limits? I am sure those people must exist. Which games fall into that category?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2532 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.O.W
This is not injustice, it is a video game. If you do not like it, you don't buy it and that's it. That is the best way to "Protest" against a video game you don't like, no one is forcing anyone to buy it and play it. Complain and voice your frustrations, I never said that people shouldn't. I said that you can't expect Graham or Grant to jump in and trash their own game and apologize for creating the game.

No of course it doesn't compare to real problems but it's also not so simple as don't like it don't buy it, end of story. I want to play Sims. Many of us want to love it, we want a sequel to move onto. I'm still waiting here with my wallet in hand, quite willing to fork over a large amount of cash (if the other sims series is anything to go by, not that I've added up how much I spent on them) for a base game and EP's, if only they would make one. This 'offering' isn't a sequel to Sims 2 or even 3. They would have done better to keep it online and call it something else and had it as a side game like medieval or Castaways.

As for upgrading, I always get the best I can afford. I think a lot of people go into a shop and get sold something 'powerful' and 'top of the range' without knowing they are being sold a lemon. Saying you want a gaming computer to play sims won't get you much, you have to say you want it for Dragon Age Inquisition or Battlefield 3 to gain a salesman respect and a decent set up. Different if you can talk the lingo and know what you need, but for someone not techy the second way works the best.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#2533 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Bingo. This is exactly what my hubby and I do, we get the absolute max specs we can afford, then pray it has a long life cos we're convinced we'll never be able to afford a new one. I know relatively little about hardware. I always have to consult others on those issues, and to be honest hardware concerns terrify me precisely because I don't have the knowledge to buy without risking a rip off, and can't afford to be ripped off.

I absolutely agree with this. I've bought a new pc just 3 weeks ago and i went a 150 euro over my budget to get something halfway "decent".
Scholar
#2534 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:23 AM
Is there a niche market in games for top-spec fans who can afford top-spec machines and want to see them working to their limits? I am sure those people must exist. Which games fall into that category?

Many games nowadays if you want to play them at max settings right at release. Sometimes because the games are released before the devs are finished optimising the game (MMORPG's ), sometimes because the games use state of the art graphics (FPS, RPG sometimes).
There was a time when I primarily played FPS games and everything had to be optimised for that. All hardware I bought (including monitor, mouse, keyboard) was chosen for precision and low latency. Top performance was part of that, overclocking normal. Not that it was necessary to be good at those games though. With some games it was (maybe still is with new FPS games) easier to detect opponents with many graphic options turned off.

What remains of that time is that I still hate any form of delay in games It kind of annoys me too that I am still so sensitive for that, especially now that I rarely play twitch based games anymore. I just want immediate response to input from a game! Maybe I feel easily ignored or whatever :p
Scholar
#2535 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:40 AM
I think that games, as software, were limited by the PS3 and/or XBox whatever-the-number that was 32-bit architecture. Apparently, we PC gamers are a minority, though by all accounts, a very outspoken one, with the most vibrant on-line presence among the gamers.

But The Sims is a PC game, is it not? One would hope that the producers of such a game - always a strain on the processor, no matter what title we consider - would jump at an opportunity to use all the new-fangled tech they can to make it smoother, faster, more powerful.

Only, it's not a new-fangled tech anymore, it's quite old. I said my PC had been a 64-bit for over 10 years. It's more than that, even. It's closer to 15, actually. I honestly can't remember when I got my first 64-bit processor - that's how long ago it has been. And they still ship a 32-bit game in 2014? I was appalled when I learned this was the case. I'll repeat it: this is beyond inexcusable. It's insulting, honestly.

But I must be a crybaby, wanting this tech for my beloved Sims. I must have no idea what I really want, just like with the toddlers.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#2536 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
Is this some sort of blackmail? Or what is it? A guilt trip for all of us who don't enjoy it?

We didn't make this game, we are IN NO WAY responsible for what it is. Not in the slightest. NO! We're just like you - its consumers. Well, I am not, cause I am protesting it in the way you'd find acceptable, I guess: by not buying it. And I am not buying their excuses either. One good reason to mention their online debacle is this: to lift this guilt trip off of our, the players', backs. THEY wasted money and time on things that got cut out. This is the main reason why the game is what it is. Not our PCs, or our wishes, or our being hyenas/wolves/dragons. They are the producers - in every way responsible for their final product, especially for the decision to again make it a 32-bit exe. It was inexcusable already for TS3 - especially for TS3, since it would benefit so much from an 64-bit exe. In TS4, it is beyond inexcusable. To me personally, it's a big no-no - even if it were perfect in every other aspect, this would make it unacceptable for me. Remove the Origin, add all the missing content and leave it at 32-bit, and I still wouldn't buy.

From my perspective, this is an ancient tech, obsolete. My PC operates on a 64-bit processor for more than 10 years. I wasn't using it, however, for most of that time, because the software, including the operating system, Windows XP in my case, didn't use it. I have long decided that I'm going to support, by a purchase, only that software which uses up all of the tech I have at my disposal. No lame excuses anymore, software makers. You have the tech, work with it already!

Yup, a protester, that's me, right here. A protester hyena/she-wolf/dragoness that wants only 64-bit software. I must be scary.

It being 32 bit is unacceptable to you. That's fine, as I said in another thread, not everyone judges games the same way. People play games like Minecraft and Shovel Knight and say they are the great games, those games don't even come close to using any PCs full power. Again, that's just you though and it's fine that you want to judge the game in whatever way you want to judge it. Just know that there are people that don't care too much about that, they just want to have an enjoyable game that runs smoothly.

Nintendo Wii was underpowered and the mass of gamers that bought the system didn't really care about what it lacked compared to Xbox or Playstation. When Gameboy first came out it too was underpowered with it's little green screen and lack of colors.

No, not a blackmail :P

I just never understood why some people want to see games fail personally. I see it in the MMO community all the time, people calling for a game to fail. What purpose is there for that? Just to deprive the people that enjoy the game their fun and say "I told you so!" I mean if it fails is EA going to then listen to every single fans whims and wishes? I doubt that, they can't listen to everyone as one side of fans contradict the other. In the end, the quality of the game is made by the quality of the people that make the game. Final Fantasy games have been 'failing' for a while now, it hasn't made them any better. Lots of series have lost their luster, released bad game after bad game, fans not buying the game didn't mean they just made them better. It always will come down to the talent on the team. So yeah, I see a lot of the "I hope this game fails." in the MMO community and I just don't understand it is all. It seems to benefit no one except people that just want to tell a bunch of gamers that lost a game they enjoyed playing "I told you it sucked!" that's just my opinion on it. I just don't think TS4 failing will mean what people will think it mean.

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Whichever way you try to twist it, the fact remains you are defending EA's unethical business practice. You are "enabling" immoral behavior, selfish attitude, and greed. You are basically saying "the end justifies the mean," so if we allow them to continue, we can "hope" for a better TS5.

You are the very definition of an enabler and openly declaring you "tolerate" immorality and even promote it.

That's the bottom line.

(I apologize for this analogy if it is sensitive. However, it is quite spot on. It is like a battered wife who justifies her abusive husband. "What is the point resisting? Or calling the cops? If I do that, he will leave me or be arrested and I will be alone, my children will have no father. If I simply stay and keep my mouth shut, maybe he will change.")

Your entire argument assumes that I dislike the game though or that anyone that likes it doesn't like it really? See my Tumblr? I update it every day, which means I play the game quite often. So you can't tell me I'm defending unethical business practice, immoral behavior, selfish attitudes, and greed because I actually enjoy the game. I'm just happily playing the game and hoping they release a new GP/EP soon.

I'm a very free market person. If people buy the product over and over again, they must like it. Like those free mobile games that charge you for everything like gas and whatever else, people are into it. I don't know why but they are, they must know what they are getting into if they are responsible adults with a job, home, car, etc etc. That's their decision.

EA didn't trick me into buying this game, in fact all the pre-release news was very unflattering tbh. They told us about the lack of pools, toddlers, and pre-release videos revealed other things. There was nothing immoral about this, anyone that has bought a base game knew there would be tons of GPs/EPs to expand on the game or should have known and the information was readily available to anyone that did not know. This was no bait and switch. They even had a refund policy..

Is EA greedy? Of course they are, it is a company's very nature to be as greedy as possible without upsetting it's consumers too much. The guy at the top? His job is to ensure the stock of his company is healthy and that the profits continue to stream in. That is basically his job description, if he's not doing that he risks losing his cushy 7 figure job. But you know, I know in this sea they are full of sharks. EA, Activision, Ubisoft...they are all very similar. The only thing I can decide is to make sure when I spend money on a game that I enjoy it. I don't complicate things too much, at least as far as I know they aren't slaving kids away to produce their games like companies in other industries.

You are right, I am enabling them. I admit to that proudly, I enjoy the game I do not regret my purchase (as I still play it a lot as my tumblr would tell you) and I enjoy Outdoor Retreat too in fact! So yes, I enable them because I want them to continue to support the game that I enjoy playing. The people that don't like the game are not going to spend a dime on it and I guess go back to games they enjoy playing. I never said to not complain though, in all my time here I never say that. In fact, I think you all should complain and that it all shouldn't be in this one thread. I think sometimesDevs even listen when the complaints get too loud about something and that's good, for everyone. I have complaints about the game, I never see any reason to post them because you all do that well enough any ways :P

I just was stepping in because I think you can't expect Graham or anyone else to apologize and complain about the game because not everyone feels how you feel about the game. I complain about Michael Bay films all the time, but I also know not everyone likes the same tear-jerker emotional type of films I enjoy. So it makes no sense trying to tell someone who enjoys TMNT and Transformers to like my films and that they are being taken for a ride and are promoting bland plot explosion heavy movies. Just like me being told that it being 32 bit is a failure doesn't register on my care meter, because I'd play Minecraft over Crysis, i'd play Super Meat Boy over Titanfall.

You also can't compare a fan who enjoys the game to a battered spouse. Why? Not because the comparison is maybe too dramatic (but I do understand it) but because if I enjoy the game and enjoy playing it then how is it I being battered? So to me a more apt comparison for me and TS4 is a happily engaged newlywed, excited about the future if not just a little bit cautious but mostly excited. So there would be no reason for me to call the police. But hey, again, if you feel like TS4 is abusing you then go ahead. I know nothing I say will stop you and I don't even want to stop you from voicing your opinion on the game.

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No of course it doesn't compare to real problems but it's also not so simple as don't like it don't buy it, end of story. I want to play Sims. Many of us want to love it, we want a sequel to move onto. I'm still waiting here with my wallet in hand, quite willing to fork over a large amount of cash (if the other sims series is anything to go by, not that I've added up how much I spent on them) for a base game and EP's, if only they would make one. This 'offering' isn't a sequel to Sims 2 or even 3. They would have done better to keep it online and call it something else and had it as a side game like medieval or Castaways.

You make a good point, that for a lot of us here. We love the sims, grew up on it. I can't remember how many nights I spent playing TS2 for hours. It sucks that people hate it or strongly dislike it, I just meant that if you are protesting than really the best way to go about it is to not buy it, not even when it is on sale.

If you want a sequel to move onto though, the best hope is to just hope that they will make TS5 regardless if TS4 fails or not. There were people that didn't like TS3 and still play TS2 too, so they are still waiting for a game that in their opinion surpasses TS2.

Any ways, i'm moving on from this subject! That was a long winded response! Sorry!

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Lab Assistant
#2537 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 11:52 AM
nitromon, we'll have to agree to disagree. You're touching on subjects about the internal structure of our team that wouldn't be appropriate for me to discuss publicly. I will say though that while I'm sure you do know people who work at EA, I think you're continuing to make many assumptions about a work environment you have no direct knowledge of. I was playing Destiny last night with a friend that works at Google. Despite discussing work with him and others at times, I don't claim to know what it's really like to work at Google, and I certainly don't speak in absolutes about how they must operate, or make sweeping generalizations about how their employees must feel. Even within EA I imagine you'd experience a very different approach if you worked with The Sims Studio, or moved one floor up and worked on a Visceral project.

Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Just one quick question Graham...why are sims no longer movable with the moveobjects cheat? Kinda fucked the storytellers and photagraphers over there :/

FYI, I asked about this today. Apparently it didn't make it in time for the update that moveobjects released with. They're aware of the desire to move the Sims around using it and hope to add it at some point in the future, although I don't have an ETA to share. Hope that sheds some light as to what happened, even if it may not be the news you wanted to hear.

Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
But it is only rookies or those that have nothing to lose who would adopt a "release it now and hope it pays in the long run." business model. That's a bit "Vegas or bust," is it not? EA's business model would never be based on such a "hope in the face of uncertainty" approach.

I think that's a rather reductive way of looking at it. I'm not insinuating that projects are green lit on a wing and a prayer - there's plenty of data and research that goes into such decisions. Unfortunately, this is again delving into an area where it wouldn't be appropriate of me to discuss much further, even if we are only talking about my personal take and not company policy.

Quote: Originally posted by Animator606432
One Guru understands what one person ask, but another has NO idea what the fan is even asking about...

...How many answers to questions have been "we can't discuss that" or some variation of the such?

That doesn't surprise me; it goes back to what I mentioned in my earlier post. Gurus work on many different facets of the game, and commonly in game development you only work on or are aware of the small slice of the overall project that you're assigned to work on. I have enough on my plate to worry about that I don't have the time to know every detail of a feature that isn't my own, let alone a specific question about a discipline I don't even work in. Someone tweeted me a question the other day about the number of animation frames per second for poses in CAS, which I certainly have no idea about. I did ask one of our animation gurus to help answer them though.

There's a limit to what we can discuss for any number of reasons. If you want to know about unannounced content, future plans, or sensitive issues, I'm sorry but it isn't my place or that of other gurus to comment. I hope people understand (or trust there's a logical reason that has nothing to do with wanting to keep information from you) why we can't comment on anything and everything, while also recognizing the freedom we're given to speak directly with the community in a manner which is absolutely a rarity in this industry.

Sims Producer Graham Nardone - Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruGraham
Mad Poster
#2538 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:17 PM
Reading posts about SimCity, the fans were told that the team had a "vision" yet it wasn't impressive to them. Same is happening to the Sims 4, there is a "vision" that haven't impressed me. I have come to the conclusion that the "visionary" is fucking up the game, whether on purpose or because the vision lacks something that makes people wish for failure of the game, I don't know the answer. First time you all fucked up, okay that was a mistake, but the second time definitely mean someone has disconnected from the fans that are not satisfied. Someone needs to go.

When the SimGurus present their best and falls short because they are putting the blame on us, then yeah things will go south fast. I am sure they will not admit the game was repurposed from multi-player to single player, I don't expect that. I am a bit amused that the execs thought just two bit rigging together a Sims game and releasing it to the Sims community would be OK. Thinking those people will buy just because it's named Sims 4, get the most bang for their dollars without much investment didn't work well this go around. The staunchest of supporters are disgusted now, because they did have deep love for this series and don't feel appreciated now. I don't remember a large group of fans asking for a MMO, not even a RPG, but they went that route anyway and spent the money, now they want us to pay for something that is two bit, jack rigged with a smile and no kiss. Nope, I refuse. They can keep on with my purchase of the base game, I've lost all hope for this series. If the Sims end, that's not my fault. Talk to the "visionaries".

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2539 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:44 PM
Just a reminder, not directed at anyone in particular at this point:

No personal attacks

… or you will get warned / banned / your posts nuked (as soon as I or someone else can be bothered to clean up this thread, again). It’s acceptable to express displeasure with abstract entitites like EA, Maxis, the universe etc. It is not acceptable to flame actual people. Those who do not have enough common sense to understand why, read the site rules:

Quote:
2. No jackassery: This should go without saying but... You may not use this forum to post threats, insults, personal information, libel, slander, or drama-generating idiocy about anyone

I can’t help but notice that the vast majority of posters in this thread are not creators (for TS4). You have no idea how the game works, how to create content for it, or what any of its authors actually do all day. Are you really sure you’re entitled to call someone else “lazy”?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Smeg Head
#2540 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 12:52 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th Jan 2015 at 1:15 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruGraham
I think that's a rather reductive way of looking at it. I'm not insinuating that projects are green lit on a wing and a prayer - there's plenty of data and research that goes into such decisions. Unfortunately, this is again delving into an area where it wouldn't be appropriate of me to discuss much further, even if we are only talking about my personal take and not company policy.

My wallet oftentimes certainly felt a reductive quality when trying to keep up with a the Sims 3 piecemeal Premium must haves. The hunter-gatherer inside me cajoling how inadequate my Sims experience will be if I don't rush out and grab this month's all new shiny wonder. How long before Store stuff has to come with a warning "Purchase Premium (aka 4xMoreExpensiveitems.) content responsibly." I know that the pricing is none of your doing. I also believe when you take off your Maxis hat, put the Guru badge and pistol in the locked desk drawer after your hard day on the beat, and put on your gamer hat, you probably gasp at the price of Store content as you would any other overpriced item you see in any retail outlet. Reading between the lines of your comments, I also get the feeling you seem to be between a rock and a hard place quite often. So I make a mental note of what it is you're not saying, compared to what you do say, trying to get a better sense of your predicament. I certainly have respect for that.
Instructor
#2541 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:40 PM

Currently, Star Citizen is possibly the best example of that. It's a game funded by fans who want to see a game designed for high end PCs only - no Xbox, no Playstation version.

It's being created by Wing Commander designer Chris Roberts. He is basically making the game big publishers said there was "no audience" for. And to date, that audience that "doesn't exist" has raised around $70 million dollars to do it.

Here's a brief trailer if you want to get an idea what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY

Makes me wonder what a crowd-funded version of The Sims, built for high-end PCs would look like.
Theorist
#2542 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
Currently, Star Citizen is possibly the best example of that. It's a game funded by fans who want to see a game designed for high end PCs only - no Xbox, no Playstation version.

It's being created by Wing Commander designer Chris Roberts. He is basically making the game big publishers said there was "no audience" for. And to date, that audience that "doesn't exist" has raised around $70 million dollars to do it.

Here's a brief trailer if you want to get an idea what it looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJJ9TcGxhNY

Makes me wonder what a crowd-funded version of The Sims, built for high-end PCs would look like.

Cool looking game. The attention to detail is fabulous.
Lab Assistant
#2543 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:06 PM
Plasticbox,

I agree with the first part of your post as doing your job as a moderator. However, the second part of your post was not moderate, but it was an attack on the people posting in the thread. Perhaps there are some who post in this thread who do know how to create for TS4 but choose not to do so. Even if they do not have that knowledge and feel that the work done on the Sims 4 was lazy, then why don't they have the right to say so without a Mod denigrating them? I believe that a moderator should be respectful and impartial even if they do not like what is posted as long as it is not breaking the forum rules. If I'm banned for saying this, I'm too old to care.
Smeg Head
#2544 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Cool looking game. The attention to detail is fabulous.

Isn't it just. Please, be gentle with me, break it to me easy, but how much are one of those state-of-the-art Alienware behemoths again?
Theorist
#2545 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Isn't it just. Please, be gentle with me, break it to me easy, but how much are one of those state-of-the-art Alienware behemoths again?

I couldn't tell you. I lost all faith in the name "Alienware" when Dell took over.

I don't have a mammoth-sized computer, nor do I play space games. I'm a 'details' person. The game could have been about hunting for bugs and it still would have gotten praise. It's a thing.
Mad Poster
#2546 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:22 PM
Don't take a technological, game developer for a fan to feel like the people working on Sims 4 are lazy. Whether or not that is the case, it's not the fan's fault to take that impression away. Those that develop and work on the game is suppose to convey their hard work in the release of the product, no matter what kind of product they are selling. Sims 4 is what it is, some like things released this way, some don't.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#2547 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I couldn't tell you. I lost all faith in the name "Alienware" when Dell took over.

I don't have a mammoth-sized computer, nor do I play space games. I'm a 'details' person. The game could have been about hunting for bugs and it still would have gotten praise. It's a thing.

If you buy Alienware, you're basically just paying extra for the brand name.
Smeg Head
#2549 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 3:05 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 27th Jan 2015 at 3:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
If you buy Alienware, you're basically just paying extra for the brand name.

Good to know. I'm in the market for a new pc. Last weekend, the fan died on my power unit, so any over heats have my computer shut down before it burst into flames. I currently have the casing off and a big twelve inch floor fan blowing its heart out into the pc. Something of an eyesore, but it works a treat. The temperature inside the pc quickly gets colder than my fridge. The rig is six years old and was a smart little number back in the day. Currently thinking I rather put any funds for a replacement fan for the power unit towards a complete new rig. I'm liking the look of that CyberPower website. Pick and mix you pc hardware like a salad bar. I think that's the route I'll go. Alternative suggestions welcome.

Edit: Whoops, my apologies. This is going way off topic even for the Receptacle's recent spate of higgledy-piggeldy-ness. (Did I actually just write that word? Alternative suggestions are definitely welcome, in regard to the state of my English, not a new pc.)
Locked thread
Page 102 of 223