Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#9976 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
To those who will get The sims 2 UC: Backing up your files
First, you download the game (which will take a long time) while that's happening, copy and paste the sims 2 or the sims 2 double deluxe folder to the desktop. When the UC is finished launch it one time, then quit. delete the new files in the sims 2 ultimate collection folder of documents. After that, copy the files inside your old sims 2 file into the ultimate collection and there you go. (remember when you first launch the game after moving the files, cc will be disabled. Enabled it, quit, and relaunch the game )

This is The Sims 4 forum and if you still want to talk about TS2UC, go to the appropriate thread in The Sims 2 forum. This topic has been mentioned many times.

Just call me Nikel
Advertisement
Inventor
#9977 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tuney
I am 99% certain there are no ghosts (or has that been confirmed). We have seen 3 bros die from laughing in 2 videos. Grim shows up; the sim guru ends the game.
Maybe reaping has been replaced by a loading screen while your sim is dispersed to the netherworld. Which begs the question: do all bros go to heaven?

It hasn't been confirmed, but we're a few weeks away from the release day and they've given us a few opportunities to show ghosts but they conveniently divert away as soon as Grim shows up. That and Grant said there were no supernaturals on twitter, then backtracked and said that he was confused and thought people were talking about the Supernatural expansion for Sims 3.

It makes me think there aren't ghosts at all in the game.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#9978 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
This is The Sims 4 forum and if you still want to talk about TS2UC, go to the appropriate thread in The Sims 2 forum. This topic has been mentioned many times.

Guys, this is it. We've finally found the topic that is a bridge too far for this mess of a thread. It's TS2UC.
Test Subject
#9979 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:34 AM
Oh I have just wept my emotions have overcome me. I watched the video footage of Kingdom Come. The life like flora the real looking terrain, layered clothes this game looks amazing. Then I went back and looked at the sims 4 screenshots. I showed my husband who is not a gamer he just laughed at the comparison. Then what comparison, to compare the visually beautiful world and the amazing innovative game play with what we are being dished up with is a joke. I dont want to play cartoon like worlds with cartoon like ppl who pee their pants and think it is funny. (with 1 in 3 ppl over the age of 40 suffering from some form of incontinence I find pee jokes less than funny but then I am over 12). This game has lost me totally to dumb it down to appeal to a new generation of gamers is an insult to those who have stayed loyal to the franchise. My emotions have turned from excited for the sims 4 12 months ago, disillusioned 6 months later, insulted 3 months ago, angry frustrated and annoyed that ppl are going to once again award EA for mediocrcity
I think large publishers may start to lose out in the industry, I have been playing a wonderful game called Banished a sole designer made this addictive game and the world looks more real than what is on offer from sims 4.

I will ask one question what 5 year old with an Ipad in kindergarten (pre-school) designed this abysmal travesty of a game. Please please do not reward EA for this crap. We once stopped Securom we have the power to stop mediocricity if you are in two minds about the game do not buy it. While they make a profit they will not change their mission statement which is obviously to make the cheapest games possible to rake in the most money.

EA I hope you lose I really really do, so that you wake up to the fact there is more to gaming than money. There is an investment in time, enjoyment of a game cannot be solely measured in monetary terms.
Test Subject
#9980 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Moving curtains...sounds like the FX army is stepping it up and creating something nice and subtle instead of more smoke and mirrors.

I know I'm a bit late, but the curtain animation sounds pointless to me. I always play with the walls down, so I won't see them.

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws."
Top Secret Researcher
#9981 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:21 AM
I wanna get the Gurus disgustingly drunk and see what they really have to say about all this.

Who lives in California with a few bottles of Captain Morgan to share?

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Test Subject
#9982 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
It hasn't been confirmed, but we're a few weeks away from the release day and they've given us a few opportunities to show ghosts but they conveniently divert away as soon as Grim shows up. That and Grant said there were no supernaturals on twitter, then backtracked and said that he was confused and thought people were talking about the Supernatural expansion for Sims 3.

It makes me think there aren't ghosts at all in the game.

Ghost will come, but on The Sims 4 Supernatural EP, EA is on full money grab mode.
Scholar
#9983 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
As you once did with TS2 curtains - those were one of my favourite downloads.

I need this.
Test Subject
#9984 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 4:59 AM
A passing thought about the fishing signs in the park... there is a similar sign in The Sims 3 Ambitions. Funnily enough, it's called 'The Fishing is Prohibited Sign' (or, at least, that's what it's called in the infamous Russian translation of the game). And it's a purely decorative object. So maybe TS4 fishing sign is just a decor too; and it was placed there in the park simply because devs don't know any better.
Instructor
#9985 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Hmm.....I didn't peg Mako as a Rihanna fan.

That's Bolin, for your information.
Mad Poster
#9986 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JessiL
Hmm.....I didn't peg Mako as a Rihanna fan.

No you didn't just insult Bolin like that!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#9987 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:20 AM
Man, that Kingdom Come Deliverance game...not scheduled for a release until Q4 2015 and they already have a gameplay trailer. That says ACTUAL IN GAME FOOTAGE.

Ryan, Charlie, Graham, whoever is out there listening: that's how you market a game. Real footage. Not scripted stuff and that "trailer may not represent actual gameplay" crap. Sims 4 comes out in a little over a month and we've yet to see that.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Theorist
#9988 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
Side note: we are now almost at half the length of the first thread. It took the first one slightly more than a year to reach a post count of 20,424. This one now is approaching 9,700 after less than a month.
The Noise is strong in this one.

I would have said - The EMOTIONS are strong in this one but Noise works too

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#9989 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 5:43 AM
Man, that Kingdom Come Deliverance game...not scheduled for a release until Q4 2015 and they already have a gameplay trailer. That says ACTUAL IN GAME FOOTAGE.

Ryan, Charlie, Graham, whoever is out there listening: that's how you market a game. Real footage. Not scripted stuff and that "trailer may not represent actual gameplay" crap. Sims 4 comes out in a little over a month and we've yet to see that.

I cannot believe the realism for this world, the tracks from wagons in the road, the houses, the beautiful water, the distant terrain. Yes 12 months out and they are showing us gameplay. EA and the sims 4 franchise are treating us like imbeciles and insulting our intelligence, why do we let them get away with this.

I really feel companies like EA squander talent and innovation in games. When the management is simply that and not gamers then this is what you get. There is no innovation in sims 4 it is the same old puerile
humour the same old shitty clothing, why could they not have made layered clothing instead of spin the sims around to change clothing. Having NPC dressed inappropriately for the task they are doing is lazy and in no way funny. Having sims in astronaut suits fishing not amusing having ppl die laughing after slipping in pee, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease how old is that. Lets make the game the cheapest we can the community will buy it no matter how bad it is for gods sake it is sims
Mad Poster
#9990 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
The mood is kinda down - maybe a sadness party is more appropriate.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#9991 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:31 AM
Only 5 new pages since this morning? Musta been a slow news day. Shame. I've been writing about capital punishment all day, I was hoping to come here and have something to heckle

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I am not sure I see the value of curtains wriggling. Won't it just be annoying, unless it's contextual when a window is open and there is a wind? More to the point, animate them opening and closing in the morning and evening.

EA + proper context ≠ does not compute.

And this is another one of those things that woulda been neat, but now I see it as another unnecessary feature that detracted from toddlers.
Theorist
#9992 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
I will be stocked up with popcorn and other snacks, reading the forums for the next few months. Might be the most entertaining reading I will do until my shows come back in the fall. I can't wait!

Shame I am excited to read the reactions on a failed release date for my beloved series that I am not buying. *sigh*

I'll be doing the same thing hun. Stocking up as we speak :lovestruc We'll just have a great time laughing ourselves silly.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#9993 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wedry
But you can bet the store content will be polished and ready to roll out within days hours.

@sushigal, you missed a spot
Scholar
#9994 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:27 AM
To be honest I'm going to have the biggest shit-eating grin when all the simmers that are defending EA's BM called a game will whine and bitch on the official forum when they realized that they completely wasted $70.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Forum Resident
#9995 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~

I actually like the whim-system. A Sim wants to cry under his cover, while he is sad for example and that will help him a little. Finally sounds like something, that's going to make it feel more alive.
Banned
#9996 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
To be honest I'm going to have the biggest shit-eating grin when all the simmers that are defending EA's BM called a game will whine and bitch on the official forum when they realized that they completely wasted $70.

$70 is kinda cheap, here in my country it costs $140
Instructor
#9997 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~

*ugly sobbing at this part of the movie - still makes me tear up to this day*

OT: ... SO GUYS, DAT SIMS 4, HUH?!

Edit: Also, in regards to the "crying tree" that's actually just been watered: Yes, you water at the base but I remember as a kid I used to spray the hose on the leaves of the plant, so maybe the Sims team are all just children who don't know how to water a tree properly? Plus, who needs to go outside when you have TEH SIMZ? :P
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9998 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
Edit: Also, in regards to the "crying tree" that's actually just been watered: Yes, you water at the base but I remember as a kid I used to spray the hose on the leaves of the plant, so maybe the Sims team are all just children who don't know how to water a tree properly? Plus, who needs to go outside when you have TEH SIMZ? :P

Trees dripped in TS2 and TS3 also. We should have said something years ago if we didn't like it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#9999 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Trees dripped in TS2 and TS3 also. We should have said something years ago if we didn't like it.

Did they drip in TS3? I do remember them dripping in TS2, but can't recall them ever dripping in TS3.
Help me, oh great and powerful Inge. :P
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10000 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:40 AM
I assumed they did, as they had in ts2. Anyway all I am saying is no one made a fuss about it back then, so the designers wouldn't have had any idea if it wasn't popular. We'd probably not be worried now either, if we weren't so sensitive to the effects team having more time on their hands than the toddlers and pools teams.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Locked thread
Page 400 of 920