Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#10001 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:19 AM
To be honest, the first thing that did pop into my head (mainly because there was an NPC gardener there) was that the tree had just been watered - the idea that it could possibly be emotion related didn't even cross my mind. xD.
Thankfully, the Gurus don't seem to be so obsessed with emotions that they decided to give them to plants. Although...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#10002 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:41 AM

I'm bovvered.
Lab Assistant
#10003 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:56 AM
i just wish they had put fears back into the game wishes and whims are nice and all, but it seems like there's too many positives about being a sim rather than negatives. i wonder why the took out fears in the sims 3 anyway? They can't say it made the game hard either

And if sims have such ~emotion~ the effect of fears would be even more...i dunno, devastating to the sims? i mean, having different sims react in different ways to their fears being realize would've been cool
Lab Assistant
#10004 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wedry

I'm bovvered.

Don't let people like that get to you...
And i fully agree with you, EA is just plain greedy there is no need to hop around it and act like it's not the case. The sad part is alot of simmers still don't seem to realise it
but the problem this creates is that EA knows that everytime they can take their greed a step further just to see how far they can take it,
I didn't have alot of hope for the Sims 4 to begin with (you knew the overpriced store was going to make a return, and the stuff packs for sims 3 felt useless for the most part), all the things they cut/removed just hurts at this point, I mean i'm not even a big sim fan i been playing it casually on the side since sims 2, and i can't even imagine how much it burns the big fans their eyes when they have to look at what their fav. game has now become all for money... at this point i'm just lurking around wherever i can watching the trainwreck go towards the wall, (I had the same weird fetish during Simcity )
EA needs a kick in the butt like SE got for FFXIV the first time around, maybe that would wake them up (simcity kind of did i guess, but i guess it didn't break their wallet enough yet to actually feel it, maybe sims 4 could do it for them but i hardly doubt it).
Mad Poster
#10005 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
Thankfully, the Gurus don't seem to be so obsessed with emotions that they decided to give them to plants. Although...

What Grant twittered to the other Tweeties means nothing, he is a master of deception, lol. Here are some of the gardening effects one more time.

s40_gardening_flowers_blossoms
s40_gardening_flowers_bugs_heavy
s40_gardening_flowers_bugs_light
s40_gardening_flowers_butterflies_heavy
s40_gardening_flowers_butterflies_light
s40_gardening_flowers_confident
s40_gardening_flowers_cranky
s40_gardening_flowers_dazed
s40_gardening_flowers_flirty
s40_gardening_flowers_high_quality
s40_gardening_flowers_playful
s40_gardening_flowers_sad
s40_gardening_flowers_stink_heavy
s40_gardening_flowers_stink_light
s40_gardening_flowers_weeds_stage1
s40_gardening_flowers_weeds_stage2
s40_gardening_flowers_wet_heavy
s40_gardening_flowers_wet_light

Notice the two at the bottom, wet_heavy and wet_light. These are for the flowers (trees and bushes also have these two effects) dripping the water droplets which are seen on the apple tree in their vid, because someone just watered that tree. There is still an effect for the flowers to be sad or cranky and the other emotions listed, m'kay?

Another thing I might point out is these ones listed above are for "flowers", and what does this mean exactly? Are these the flowers in the flowerbeds in the park they showed? And the gardener needs to water and weed these and also the bushes? It's possible that these refer to the gardening veggies like onion, grapes, plantain, strawberry, potato, tomato; but why list these up in the Effects file as "flowers"?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
#10006 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:53 AM
I watched the Gameplay video once again. And I just have to say that the animation team at Maxis sucks compared to todays standard.
Just had to get that out of my chest lol
Scholar
#10007 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Another thing I might point out is these ones listed above are for "flowers", and what does this mean exactly?
I'm not sure, but I'd guess sims that don't look after their plants are gonna come home to find all their sunflowers have uprooted themselves and are doing angry crunches in the front yard.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Lab Assistant
#10008 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:43 AM
http://thesims4blogger.tumblr.com/p...edition-content

I don't know if there's any truth in this but............ lol
Scholar
#10009 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:08 PM
This song represents exactly how I feel right now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eil5FNfQGfY

Also, still surprised it's being released in six weeks. I mean, c'mon. It's a Sims game. Promote that, yo. By now we should be drowning in new information and trailers and gameplay and screenshots. When they do that with a movie, it usually means the studio doesn't think it'll b a success. Regardless of our own opinions on it lacking or being nerfed or weird haunted curtains or being made by awful people who can't pronounce Live Mode correctly, EA has a lot riding on this game. It's a major cashcow and there's so little promotion going on.
Field Researcher
#10010 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:24 PM Last edited by Mouse : 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Trees dripped in TS2 and TS3 also. We should have said something years ago if we didn't like it.

Sorry, Inge, but harvestable trees don't drip--in either version.

In TS2, you put the fully-grown tree down from Build Mode. After that you have three options depending on the health of the tree, state of the season, etc... You can tend the trees, which causes sims to start trimming the overgrown branches. You can spray the trees, which causes sims to start spraying them to remove bugs. Lastly, you can harvest the tree.

In TS3, you plant the trees right into the ground. They go through different growth states, and also offer three options. You can tend, which in this case does not mean trimming overgrown branches, but instead plucking at a ring of yellowish weeds from the tree's base. You can harvest the tree regardless of season, and you can also water it.

I wanted to be sure, so I loaded TS2 and checked, and I just now did the same with TS3. There is no dripping (unless you overwater them--thanks for the reminder, Alma70!)

This may seem a bit long-winded for such a simple topic. My reasons are as follows:
1: I am going through a bout of insomnia.
2: I love farming in the sims.
3: TS3 has many problems, there's no denying it, but it doesn't need any more tacked onto it by the travesty that is TS4.

Let the first three stand as tall as they are capable of, and let the fourth one crumble.
Screenshots

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Instructor
#10011 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:29 PM
I assumed they did, as they had in ts2. Anyway all I am saying is no one made a fuss about it back then, so the designers wouldn't have had any idea if it wasn't popular. We'd probably not be worried now either, if we weren't so sensitive to the effects team having more time on their hands than the toddlers and pools teams.

They only dripped when they were over watered in Sims 2 and looked pretty sad then as far as I can remember. But they also caught bugs as well, that never happened in Sims 3.
Field Researcher
#10012 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alma70
They only dripped when they were over watered in Sims 2 and looked pretty sad then as far as I can remember. But they also caught bugs as well, that never happened in Sims 3.

Ah, you are right! I tend to have my TS3 sims upgrade the sprinklers to auto-water right away, so that quite slipped my mind. In TS2 there is no option to water the trees. The trees can certainly get sick, but they do not have the option to be watered--they can only be sprayed, harvested, and trimmed/tended.

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Instructor
#10013 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mouse
Ah, you are right! I tend to have my TS3 sims upgrade the sprinklers to auto-water right away, so that quite slipped my mind. In TS2 there is no option to water the trees. The trees can certainly get sick, but they do not have the option to be watered--they can only be sprayed, harvested, and trimmed/tended.

You're right, I was thinking of the plants, not the trees. I miss that you could see how good quality the produce had by only looking at the plant/tree and their fruits/veggies in Sims 2. Pale colored=bad colorful=good etc.
Field Researcher
#10014 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChinchillaJesus
To be honest I'm going to have the biggest shit-eating grin when all the simmers that are defending EA's BM called a game will whine and bitch on the official forum when they realized that they completely wasted $70.

While a few of the ardent defenders on the official forum may come to that realization, sadly I think the majority will be excitedly posting about how pretty the world is or how funny the sims are. Hey, if SimsLite4 ends up making them happy, good for them. Others may do that simply because they don't want to admit they blew 70 bucks.
Scholar
#10015 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
So I edited the image of Willow Creek into something not unbearably blinding like the original and this is the result:
snip that shit, yo!
What do you guys think?

Well hot damn with some OMGWTFBBQ roasted baby on top. That's a damn big improvement.

I have to say, I don't mind the architecture. (Besides those awkwardly high walls. I know a lot of those plantation-style houses have that trait, but it looks awkward in the game to me.) New Orleans has some amazing designs and I'm glad the designers revisited that style again. You can do a lot with it, not every house has to be an Antebellum mansion. You could use the shotgun style home for starters and still have them as attractive and fitting well into the world.

Pity there's a lack of community locations though. I don't know how well developed the nightclubs are, if they're actually clubs or just a room with a bar you tend yourself and a stereo awkwardly in the middle of the room, but there's potential for some cool jazz clubs.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10016 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:16 PM
Caught this in the tumblr ts4 tags and just want to roll my eyes (and I know that this is directed at me on tumblr because I'm one of the only people who has called out this Premium Member bs). "They're a business" my arse. This mentality is so grating to me

I'm bovvered.

You should be - in a way they're right, EA IS a business but like all businesses their aim is to get as much money off you for as little input on their part as they can. And it's OUR job as consumers to say 'oi, I want more and I'm not buying (i.e spending MY MONEY) till you do a better job.' It's this bit your poster doesn't seem to understand.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#10017 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Klinn2
While a few of the ardent defenders on the official forum may come to that realization, sadly I think the majority will be excitedly posting about how pretty the world is or how funny the sims are. Hey, if SimsLite4 ends up making them happy, good for them. Others may do that simply because they don't want to admit they blew 70 bucks.

I feel that, despite everything, the game will still be a moderate success. I'm sure it'll be "fun", at least for a little while, and it'll probably be good enough to make the less-discerning fans happy, at least for a while.
Instructor
#10018 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:10 PM
I think a lot of people are forgetting that every sim player is unique and every sim player wants something different from the game - this doesn't mean that one opinion is wrong and the other right. Belittling players for not being mad about the game, and for potential enjoying it, isn't very bro of you, and it does not make you look cooler either.
Theorist
#10019 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:15 PM
Yeah, no, I don't agree with all that. It's so obvious that they have stripped this game down to the bare bones. I don't care what kind of player you are, but everyone should be mad about that. We all lose here, even if some people might enjoy the game scraps that are left.

My 2 cents!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Top Secret Researcher
#10020 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
You are partially right Pelouse.

The thing is, we are all in this together. If a significant amount of us buys a largely unknown product that has been stripped of features to be sold for more cash, it signals to EA that we are okay with this. We are fine getting less for more. Please, continue with this practice.

Sure, you may not be fazed by Toddlergate, but let's say they cut out or distort a favorite feature or three of yours. Is it "everyone has a different playing style" now? If pre-orders and community interest are still up after removing basic features, again, it signals to EA that we are okay this.

Trying to rationalize it will only take us through the chronicles of TS3 again, but worse.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#10021 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:36 PM
There was a thread on the official forums today asking, "are you still going to buy?" and it sounds like most people are still willing to buy TS4. The game will still sell, even if it's half-finished and mediocre. EA will learn nothing, I'm sure.
Theorist
#10022 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:43 PM

I'm bovvered.

And a majority of those people will shake their fists to the sky claiming that everybody needs to buy because ya know, we gotta save the mess that this game has become. NOT!

If a person puts lipstick on a pig and calls it something else, it only annoys the pig. Yes, EA is a business. That doesn't magically give them credibility. Businesses run like EA are a dime a dozen.

The best thing to do is vote with your wallet and go enjoy whatever version of the game you prefer. Head space is a precious thing. Fill yours with things that are of value to you.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10023 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:45 PM
Plants, trees, it doesn't matter. Dripping is dripping and if we didn't mind it then why mind it now?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#10024 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
EA will learn nothing, I'm sure.

Unless the online community tanks. They want more people to play it, meaning they want more visibility and credibility but more importantly that they want people to advertise it for them. But if nobody's talking about it because all the gimmicks have worn off (I'm looking at you, ridiculously obvious emotional states) and what's left is samey and boring (hi, poor customization options, two heights, and teen sims who are indiscernable from adults and elders), that'll say a lot more than poor sales ever could. Especially if modders and custom content creators bow out.
Theorist
#10025 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:57 PM
Plants, trees, it doesn't matter. Dripping is dripping and if we didn't mind it then why mind it now?

I don't care if the trees drip. It's the overdone, excessive amount of dripping that is obnoxious. If I spray down any of my plants indoors or outside ( I occasionally do spray down the leaves due to pollen, bugs, ect) they do not look like they have run a marathon. They drip for a few minutes and it's over with. IMO, I think they took the sweat animations from sims and applied them to plants. Sims workout for 2 seconds and the very large sweat droplets are flying everywhere.

Why does everything have to in a persons' face with this game? I'm not asking for you to answer that, although if you know, I'd love to hear it. I don't need a outline to show me what I'm clicking on. Graham and Ryan admitted that sims emotions were read without the silly thing in the corner saying what their sims moods were and yet, the very thing that they said wasn't necessary takes up a chunk of the lower left side of the screen. If they called it, then why is it there? People needed something to do? If that's the case, there was no excuse for the recycled demo.
Locked thread
Page 401 of 920