Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#201 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 8:59 PM
If it does I'm just screwed lmao
I've got 30 minutes before I leave for the day and may not get clarification before then. And I'd have to have my entry submitted by tomorrow cause by the time I come in Thursday the round will be up.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Advertisement
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#202 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:06 PM
Fyendiar - another fantastic entry. I want this one too! I so hope you will be uploading your lots. Wonderful, wonderful job!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#203 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Craggles : 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:27 PM.
hiii
so id like to apologise for offending anyone from/near mansfield
its a joke at uni cuz one of the girls on my course is from there and shes a bit rough n ready bless her :P

so anywho
heres my house, created in a style to match a world me and some guys at CAW Group are making, its a Mediterranean style world, based on a small fishing village so yeah I though I'd kill 2 birds with one stone!!

Required: Floor Plans

Now, the sharper ones of you will notice that the bedrooms are downstairs, this is cuz the entrance to the house is upstairs, I dont know why haha it just took my fancy at the time :D

Erm..what else is required? Oh yeah haha

Living Room

Kitchen

Bedroom

Now you'll notice that compared to my other houses this one is almost empty (crap I know) but thats to stay in keeping with the theme of this town we're building, so I needed it to be functional but buyable as well :D

Other Piccyyys:

View of the House from a Different Angle

Back of the house

And a nice bit at the side that I liked

NO CC

erm, on a 40x40 lot
Furnished - 107,078
Unfurnished - 86,904

needs WA and possibly HELS, but thats it, we're not using ambitions in this world :P

cheeeers guys

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:16 PM
Lovely house Craggles :lovestruc

(If I'm one of the people you thought you'd offended) I know it's a rough place, or some of it is anyways. Some chavs set my nan in law's car on fire, for fun!

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:50 PM
Thanks sandymdh and heaven send 8 18, it was quite a challenge, but I like how it turned out.

Missroxor, as I understand the rules we are not allowed to adjust the foundation in any way or form, but adding roofs or balconies over the edges of the foundation are allowed as long as they are at a higher floor. I may be wrong though, but if I am I will just have to live with it. I am too happy with how it looks now and if I had to remove the top floor that covers the hole I might as well start from scratch.
Test Subject
#206 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:54 PM Last edited by Gail.wyness : 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:34 PM.
Default Glas Dachaigh
Glas Dachaigh

Street view

Built in about 1806 as a dower house for the Duke of Argyll, the house is now the ancestral home of the Morran family.
Set in the Scottish Highlands on the northern edge of Loch Sloy it has stunning views of the town and Ben Cruachan .

The Study

The family has a long rooted history in invention, Bruce Morran invented the paper-clip, currently his great, great grandson is working on a mechanical octopus in the converted attic (his daughter and wife or unsure as to purpose as yet)

Living Room

Dinning Room

Kitchen

The Hall and staircase

The grand stair case houses the families mounted fish and gem collection.

The Master bedroom

The Compulsory floor plans

ground floor

First floor

Attic

The lot costs £212,452 (£110.779 without furniture)

No CC used
Scholar
#207 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM Last edited by ForeverCamp : 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Forevercamp, Think you might've covered the hole too but it's hard to say with no plan.

Nope, no coverage being done on that - I think it'll become clearer with the floor plan up (which should be up within the next few minutes). It may appear to have floating tiles, but that's just careful placement of rugs to cover up the ugly grey top of the foundation. The hole is entirely uncovered - the couches are flat against the foundation wall.

Either way in regards to the roofing counting as "covering the hole" (which I think is bull, IMO)...

I'm not building a fourth damn house.
The other one
#208 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM
I really hope I am wrong since so many people have covered it but the only reason I think I might be right is that I specifically asked if I could put fence over the top or lay a floor tile that supports stairs and was told no (see above quotes)....so I figure If that's not allowed then surely you can't cover it with anything. Fyendiar I'm a bit fuzzy on the overhang rule...I thought you were allowed an overhang as long as it didn't extend the liveable space...which a room on the second floor would do, especially if we've specifically been told not to cover it with floor tiles.

Even if I am right, maybe HP will be sympathetic and let this one slide since there was so much confusion?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:05 PM
I really hope I am wrong since so many people have covered it but the only reason I think I might be right is that I specifically asked if I could put fence over the top or lay a floor tile that supports stairs and was told no (see above quotes)....so I figure If that's not allowed then surely you can't cover it with anything. Fyendiar I'm a bit fuzzy on the overhang rule...I thought you were allowed an overhang as long as it didn't extend the liveable space...which a room on the second floor would do, especially if we've specifically been told not to cover it with floor tiles.

Even if I am right, maybe HP will be sympathetic and let this one slide since there was so much confusion?

This is the post that makes me think it's alright:
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...20&postcount=32

You may be right though, but I sure hope you are not.
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:09 PM
Gail.wyness I love the design of your study, living and dining rooms! Nice work!
The other one
#211 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:12 PM
Yes, but she says in that thread, "You -can- do it - you won't get disqualified for it, but you will definitely lose points for doing so."

That's the whole point of this arguement....I'm not saying that you can't physically cover the hole or that doing so will have you banished from the contest...just that you may be penalised for it.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#212 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:20 PM
I think she means that you won't get disqualified for floating floor tiles outside of the foundation but you will lose points. If I reword it, I think it makes more sense:

"Extending the lower levels with floating floor tiles basically negates the whole idea of using the foundation as the limitations. You can do it; you won't get disqualified but you will definitely lose points for doing so. However, you can extend the upper levels to make overhangs."

I could be WAY wrong though. I took this to mean the same thing. You can cover the hole, just like you can cover any part of the foundation with walls, roofs, etc as long as it doesn't modify the liveable space or change the foundation.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:21 PM
HP, u need to come in here and clarify things for us please

Anyways, i'm almost done my house and i'm surprised to see not many people have entered their house in yet. I guess we're just all working extra hard this time
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#214 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:22 PM
At this point, you CAN do whatever you want, really. You're not gonna get kicked out for anything other than gross dickheaditude (which I haven't seen even a hint of, from anyone, which is awesome, when you're dealing with this many people). Really, what it boils down to is sticking within the spirit of the contest - don't modify the foundation, use it as the footprint for what you build. When I've tried to say - you can do this, you can't do that, that's what I've been considering.

And when it comes to things outside the spirit of the contest - modifications you might have made, it's up to the individual judges to decide how many points to dock for it. They do discuss judging with each other, in that they point out particular elements they notice - both good and bad, as they judge. Not in an attempt to come to a consensus, but merely to share thoughts and observations.

So... um, yeah, tealdeer and all, but... just try to stick to the idea of, the foundation and footprint it sacred, everything else is up to you, and I think ya'll will be fine.

In short: Don't do overhanging tiles on the lowest floor - but you can do them on upper floors as much as ya like. And the hole in the foundation can be furnished however you want, as long as you don't stick floor tiles over it to cover the hole in any way. You can put stairs down into it but only foundation to ground, not with an extra floor tile or two inside the hole.
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM
Thanks for the update HP!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#216 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:35 PM
Thank you so much HP!!! We were all having mini nervous breakdowns! What would we do without you? :D

The other one
#217 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
And the hole in the foundation can be furnished however you want, as long as you don't stick floor tiles over it to cover the hole in any way.

Ahhh,....riiight. You mean we can't hide the hole and pretend it's not there on the first floor but we can build a second floor on top, I thought you meant it couldn't be covered in any way on any floor...Ok, hands up, I'm wrong. Sorry for any confusion caused

Lab Assistant
#218 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
Ahhh,....riiight. You mean we can't hide the hole and pretend it's not there on the first floor but we can build a second floor on top, I thought you meant it couldn't be covered in any way on any floor...Ok, hands up, I'm wrong. Sorry for any confusion caused

Don't worry I have send the angry mob home to their wives, there won't be a witch burning tonight.
Forum Resident
#219 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:33 PM
That's great to know, HP. I panicked and I just tore down what I had and rebuilt everything. I'm gonna be cutting it close this time. I've been having a beast of a time with this one.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:38 PM
I don't really know what I'm doing so I don't know what to say about it, but I like most of it. There is no CC.

Street view.

First floor, the trees are invisible for better view.

Second floor.

Third floor.

Living room.

Kitchen.

Master bedroom.

Second bedroom.

A secluded garden in the hole.

Rooftop garden.
Test Subject
#221 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:49 PM Last edited by Twilightsimgirl123 : 5th Aug 2010 at 5:13 PM.
Default Ocean Breeze
When Aelena married her high school sweetheart, she never imagined that they would own something like this. Her husband, Arrin's parents had used this house for years as a beach house. But as a wedding present, they gave it to Arrin and Aelena to live in.

Aelena did some refurbishing, and turned the flat roof into a deck.

She then set to work on the rest of the house once she found out she was pregnant.

The lower level was difficult for her, as she had to clear out the space in the center.

She and Arrin then took photos of the new house to post on facebook.

First, the garden.

Then, the trophy room.

The dining room.

The kitchen

The living room

The bedroom

NO CUSTOM CONTENT!

No address

Furnished: $131,659
Unfurnished:$68,722

DANG, that's expensive stuff!
Space Pony
#222 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:50 PM
Sulyuki: I love how there's a lot of greens in your house. Especially on the first floor. It's one of my favorite entries in this contest so far. (:
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#223 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 11:52 PM
Sulyuki - I LOVE your landscaping. Can I hire you as my gardener?

Forum Resident
#224 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 12:10 AM
Twilightsimgirl123:

Great house. It looks a little bare, though, so I'd suggest adding some extra clutter and rugs, if you can. Also, you have too many pictures. You have about two extra bonus pictures, the bathroom and the baby's room. They'd penalize your score if you keep them.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Sulyuki - I LOVE your landscaping. Can I hire you as my gardener?

Seriously? My lack of gardening skills in TS2 is why I haven't bothered trying in TS3 until the contest.

And thank you Bchbch Walk.

Page 9 of 13