Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:33 AM Last edited by Crows_of_Fire : 27th Nov 2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: "wondowed" lol
Default The Sims 1 windowed mode issue
I recently got a Lenovo y50 i5 gaming laptop with Windows 7 64 bit. The first game I installed was the Sims 1 (lol). Anyway, my issue is when I want to run the game in windowed mode, the screen for the game seems to be stuck. I've tried running it with compatibility xp sp2 and sp3. I hear the game just fine, but I can't see what I'm doing! It's not a black screen for sure, it just takes on anything that's on top or behind it. Also the game runs just fine in fullscreen, no problem. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and if they have found a solution?

"So from now on when people get wood, they'll think of trojans!"
----Ned Flanders
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:01 AM
Mine works kinda strange when I open it up in windowed mode also. It starts out with a black box over the window, I can still hear the game, just not playable of course. But, I figured out that if I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and open up the task manager, the black box goes away. So I just do that, close the task manager, and I'm good to go.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:55 AM
Your screen isnt stuck. Edge scrolling is disabled when you run in windowed mode.