Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:56 PM
Default Having Issues With Mono set up / Installing Delphys Dashboard tool
so i've been trying to install Mono all morning and im getting nowhere very slowly. i've installed it and i cant find it anywhere to run it. i cant seem to find the library/frameworks folder it should be in. and when i tried to follow the directions in the help forum by comanding it through terminal to run in x11 i get this error "Gtk not found (missing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0?), using built-in colorscheme"

*sigh*

if anyone has had success with installing and running Delphys dashboard through Mono please help, i'm very good with following dictions but i seem to be moving in circles here =/
sidenote: in x11 i get this "Please find your sims 3 root (usually c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\) NOTE: This is NOT where your Sims3.exe file is!"
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:45 AM
I don't think you run Mono from anywhere but Terminal. Have you installed X11? Or is it already installed? It should be in Applications/Utilities/X11. And which version of Mono did you download? There are three framework versions based on your cpu architecture, but if you download the Universal one it should be compatible.

To run dashboard open Terminal, type Mono (spacebar) then drag the dashboard.exe file into the Terminal window, then press enter. What happens when you do this? Is this where you get the Gtk error?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:19 PM
i downloaded the version for intel because thats what my comp runs on. it no longer gave me that error after i pressed enter. the "Please find your sims 3 root (usually c:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\) NOTE: This is NOT where your Sims3.exe file is!" popped up now. but where do i direct it to in the drop down menu?

btw i do have x11 in stalled and i've commanded mono to run in it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 3:28 PM
nvm! i've got it to work! thank you for your help =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 6:58 PM
do you have any idea why S3PE wouldnt work using the same commands?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:22 PM
There's been changes with S3PE - read Peter's posts in the Tools stickied thread (last couple posts on last page).