View Single Post in: picturePERFECT; cycle three finished

Field Researcher
#63 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 4:12 AM
Default Heather Lovaak Round 1
Couture

Cataloug

I think it finally hit me today that there is a huge difference between high fashion and commercial modelling. It seems to me like couture modelling is more like the 'traditional' kind of modelling, you take position, wear the garment, try to get across the right vibe and can only hope that you've pulled it off well. And I know it might be above me to say this but it felt very cold and a bit emotionless at times. Art is dead because it never got the chance to breathe. Or at least in my eyes.

Cataloug modelling suprised me entirely. I thought it would be just like couture, only less formal. But when it came down to it, it was just...incredible really. The colour purple was depicted as confusion. A mystery never to be solved. And when I got on to that set, something strange happened. I was losing myself in the colour. And in everything it represented. It brought back memories. Being lost, confused, upset, frightened. Not knowing where my next meal was coming from. In a way it was hard to re-live it all like that. But in another, it made me realise that I had found something that I was truly passionate about. Something that I really, really wanted. Badly. I have something now that I never had before.
A dream.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain