View Single Post in: Rest In Peace BBB

Test Subject
#75 Old 10th May 2010 at 10:11 PM
Setting the Record Straight...and Other Things

I have thought long and hard about posting this. Especially as Engelchen and I have been through so much distress over this weekend over this whole ‘Yakov is Dead’ thing. But looking at the posts from those who genuinely care for the man, as we do, I felt I had to speak up. Neither Engelchen nor I is arrogant enough to believe that we were the only people he spoke to or shared friendship with and know that many others are affected by his illness and pain.

At this point in time Yakov is not dead.

However, I can assure you, Pes, that he is in NO FIT STATE to be watching DVDs. Nor is he in a place where he can do so.

He is critically ill in hospital, a source of great worry and stress for those friends and family that love him. He has been in poor condition for some months now and although he has been too unwell to speak to either myself, Engelchen or any of the other friends he communicates regularly with, we have had frequent communication with his closest friend, known to those of you that frequent Male Order and All4sims as Monshanjik.

I had in fact spoken to Monshanjik on Thursday night and had notification on Yakov’s health which had already caused me considerable upset.

So you can imagine the fact that Petra was waiting online for me, in pieces of pain and distress at all of this was a considerable shock and the rest of the weekend has been completely surreal.

Reading ‘obituaries’ for a friend who is not yet dead.....the picture comes to my mind of vultures following a dying man.

For many of the comments I have read this is certainly an unfair analogy as many of them have been exactly what you would want to read for a friend you had lost. Praise for his talent, his wit, his twisted mix of kindness and abrasiveness. An appreciation that make it easy to love Yakov. His ability to make you laugh one minute and want to hit him the next.

Magenta is wrong in thinking Petra is bitching. She’s hurting like hell over all of this. But while there have been many wonderful and sweet comments not all have been like that.

There have been some that have sickening in their...ok here is where I will make comments that will make me unpopular on a few sim sites and I am sure there will be much bitching about me for what I am going to say.....

There has been a lot of stuff that has sickened me to my stomach.
Scotty Toledo...How very sweet of you to ‘posthumously’ reinstate his account. The thought in my head is ‘two faced sanctimonious pratt’.

Pes....your triumphant waving of his usage of Hulu? You seem to pride yourself on your intelligence. He shared a house with friends and the all watched these videos. Actually he opened the account during a bad bout of illness last year and I know Monshanjik still uses it. A man of your supposed intelligence could have worked that out.

Magenta, Ekaterina is a girl’s name and Ekaterina is one of Yakov’s sisters. Yakov has a large family. None of us can quite work out where the email came from though. We are still trying to get to the source of that. Who really sent it? As you have all known in the past many account in the sims world have been hacked into.

Some of the snittier comments asked why we, his friends, had not spoken out? Or why Engelchen is angry? Well if you can’t work that out there is no hope for you in the humanity stakes. We have been too stunned and upset to comment. I was literally speechless.

We spent a surreal weekend reading the comments and comforting each other. In spite of the fact that he is not yet dead we were touched by the expression of care and respect, as I am sure all of his other friends were. Because we know he has many people in this community that genuinely like and care about him for all his sometimes abrasive nature.

But among it all there has also been bitchiness and snideness and downright two faced crap from people we know have been in conflict with him in the past and that has, to coin a Scottish phrase, ‘stuck in our craw’. That’s why Engelchen is upset and why I am going against my better judgement to post this.

So here are the facts as I know them.
1. As of last night Yakov was not dead.
2. We have no clue who sent this PM.
3. He is not watching Hulu videos.

I guess thats all

aka Starfire