View Single Post in: Story Time Contest - Round 5 Scores, Final Scores and BONUS!

Forum Resident
#313 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:11 AM
Current Events: Adventure, The emperor of evil.
Previous Events: Twins, funeral, paranormal character, dish best served cold.
Word Count: 1600
CC Used: Allowed: Yes (Store stuff) Penalize – No.

Previously, Aiden and Elyssa had lost their parents and moved in with their Grandma Lara. Went through the death of Aiden,
while watching the women of the family suffer. Elyssa learns that her brother is a ghost, while fighting for her sanity.
We ended the last chapter with Elyssa growing into a teen.

“You know Aiden, I am glad you never had to grow up. I learnt some pretty yuck stuff about teenagers the other day.
And look at these” Elyssa points out her boobs “Ugh, so gross and weird.”
“Yes, well thanks for the chat. I appreciate it a whole bunch.” I said sarcastically, as I was flipping through a book.
After Elyssa got over gawking at herself, she came and sat on the bed with me.
“So, my darling brother. What have you found?” Elyssa questioned.
“Hmmm nothing so far, where did you get this book anyway?”
“School library,” Elyssa replied with a smirk on her face.
“No wonder there is nothing in here,” I said as I let out a sigh. “Let's head down to the library and see what's there.”
“Sure, I just need to put my make-up on.”
I rolled my eyes as I left the room.

“If you hear someone walking over this way, make sure you put the book on the table. All I need is random people
thinking I am crazy.” Elyssa blubbered.

“Mmmmhmmmm, so what we need to look for is some kind of magic book,” I explained.
After hours of scouring the internet, I did find something. It was not really clear but it said something about a
book of laguini?

We sat in silence reading for a bit until . . . . .

“Hey, listen to this journal. A potion of resurrection has been filed, not easily acquired. It is hidden in the bounds
of The book of Lockheart. Dated 1955.” Odd name for a book I thought as I read.

Elyssa smacked her book shut to look for another journal of the same era. After reading through a few books and
spending 4 hours in the library, she announced “Screw this.! We need to look more on the internet I think.”

“Great plan, Stan.” I said as I jumped off the seat. Elyssa just glared at me as we set off for home.

“Oh gosh Lissa, did you rip that out of a library book?” I asked.
Elyssa looked at me and smiled.
“Sure did kiddo, maybe I should become a secret agent or something.”
“a) I think you would make a pretty good secret agent and b) I am not a kid, we are the same age – or do you forget
we are twins?”
“Yeah but you're dead . . . . .” she said before the silence hit. “Don't worry, I will fix this I promise.”
I forced a smile as Elyssa started mixing chemicals. After a while I sat on the chair with Nova and fell asleep.
When I woke, Elyssa was shaking me.
“Aiden, honey wake up. I want you to test this.” Elyssa said and she passed me the flask of odd looking liquid.
I sculled the whole thing back, waited a couple of minutes and shrugged.
“You should probably get to bed, we can practice more tomorrow.” I suggested.
“You're right. Night night poppet,” and she kissed me on the head as she left the room.

The next morning Granny and Elyssa had breakfast together.

“How come you never got another boyfriend after you and grandad split up Granny?” Elyssa questioned.
Granny choked on her mouthful of food “I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity. And then
there was everything that happened with our family. I have had no time for men.”
“I hope you find a man one day Granny, you deserve to be happy.”
“I would be happy, if your grades had stopped slipping.” Granny replied giving Elyssa the look.
“I am sorry Granny. But do you know how hard it is to deal with all this and the counselor who seems to
think I am crazy?” Elyssa let out with a fluster.
“We don't think you're crazy honey, we just think you need help to get past the loss of everyone.”
“I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CRAP. I WILL MAKE YOU ALL SEE!” shouted Elyssa as she stormed out the door.
She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house.
Granny just sat there, thinking all she needed was space.

It had been a day since we last saw Elyssa. Granny was getting worried, so worried that she had even called the police.
Gran was not coping with Elyssa running away. She was worried that she had got herself hurt or something. Granny
spent the morning ringing all Elyssa's friends. The only one who had heard from her was Georgie. Her family owned the
science facility. But she had nothing much to say on the subject.
When the police officer finally arrived
Granny was going hysterical. Sobbing, yelling and crying in no particular order. He was a really nice, patient soul and
proceeded to comfort Granny, even though he was feeling rather uncomfortable.
“Lots of teenagers do this Miss Croft.” he assured her. “I am sure she will be home within the next few days, once she
has gotten over her anger. But just in case, we will have all the car patrols looking out for her.”
Granny just nodded and wandered back inside.

“Enough is enough,” I thought to myself, as I plodded down to Elyssa's living area. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs
noticing the big pile of books and folders of information everywhere. She must have done this after we left the library.
I flicked through a few pages of the files to see if she had printed anything of importance. But there was nothing
to clue me in as to where she went.
Then I started going through all the history of websites on the computer.
Nova padded over and started cleaning
herself among the papers. I looked over at her and sighed.
“You be careful over there, Lissa won't be impressed if you ruin her papers. Actually it probably serves her right for leaving them there.”
Then something caught my attention, I started reading more
“Oh no Elyssa, Please NO!” I begged, to no one in particular.

The Book of Lockheart.

The book of Lockheart is gifted to a descendant of an Escher god, who therefore is turned to a full vampire as an adolescent.
Escher people come from an island that once was positioned to the southwest of Laut Ocean. Somehow vanishing within a ball
of light, it was said that the land itself was taken for the gods. No one really found out the answer to this.

It was said that a virgin was sacrificed to turn the vampire. The first time this was recorded was dated back 2000 years ago.
The Vampire Belzure had chosen the most important virgin sacrifice, the first born daughter of King Mahon. Belzure drank
the blood of the virgin, in a ceremony on the beach. The adolescent vampire took the girl as his bride and drank every drop of
blood the girl had, leaving her body lifeless. During the ceremony the vampire's watcher (who remains with him all his life) chants
the words of a sacred incantation, which binds their souls and blood together. When the binding is complete, the vampire and his
watcher say a prayer, as the vampire descends into the water, laying the sacrifice on a raft of flower,.sending her into the ocean
and giving her back to the gods. The result was Belzure becoming a full-blooded vampire and crowning him the Emperor of Escher.
Afterward the human king and his family were killed, and his slaves were taken for food.

The stories over the years are similar, but the setting is either on the beach or on sacred ground, gifting the sacrifice to either
water or fire gods.
The book itself, believed to be full of potions and spells, was originally crafted by a high powered mage.

Please read comments for more information.

Meanwhile, Poor Elyssa was locked in a cell, wondering where the hell she was. Then thinking yep this is what hell feels like.

After reading all that information and the comments, there was a link that leading to a page which showed a picture of a house,
which I knew fairly well since becoming a ghost. I imagined the vampires had a spell on it so normal people can't see in.
I left that night, ended up getting lost in the forest. Then I started panicking. What if I was too late? By the time morning came
round, I was feeling rather down, slowly making my way down the street, not really sure where I was going.
Then I found it. . . . . the house in the photograph.

After I walked through the front door, I expected to see people, well not people exactly – vampires.
I was worried that after I stepped over that threshold, those blood suckers would be on me. Then I remembered that I had no
blood, just my soul. They probably had some kind of motion detectors for security purposes. Once I got to the basement,
I still heard nothing. Looking around, I spotted a vampire coffin and shivered. As I was just about to turn around, I spotted a
curtain and behind it was a door.

As I passed through the door, I saw cells they looked horrible and filthy. I turned to the voices I was hearing. WHAM I stood
still for a moment, shocked at the scene in front of my eyes.

“HEY, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING WITH MY SISTER!” I screamed

“I am sorry.” The man whispered to my sister.

Then BOOM !!!!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher