View Single Post in: Miss World Competition 2011 - Final Scores!

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#165 Old 2nd Jan 2012 at 10:27 PM
Default Roun 3: Runway

Formal ballgown shot.

Swimsuit shot.

How would you define “beauty”? How do you think society defines beauty? How do you think being in a beauty pageant sets an example for young girls?
To me, "beauty" is a synonym of "harmony". Everything that creates harmonious and pleasant feelings in the mind - shapes, sounds or colors, could be called "beautiful".
While the definition of "beauty" can be used to describe many things, I often think it is overused in description of a persons looks.
Society used to criticize people who do not fit the standards of "beauty ideal", regardless the fact that there is no such thing as universal "beauty ideal" - the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Being a beauty pageant should show young girls that "beauty" is not only about looks, it's about personality too. It's not enough to have a pretty face; your talents, your charisma and intelligence - this is what should complete the image of being truly beautiful.

What do you feel it means to be a role model? How do you live your life being a role model?
Role models have one main purpose - to represent something. Beauty pageants must represent their countries, their culture and set a perfect example of what beauty means in their society.
Being a role model isn't very easy, you must act and talk exemplary. That means you are quite constrained - you must watch your words and actions very carefully, one mistake could cost you much. But there's a good side to it, after seeing many happy people who want to take an example from you and become a better person, you realize that it was worth all the effort.

What is the most important moral issue that you are presented with on a daily basis, and where do you stand on this issue? How do you support your beliefs with action?
One of the most important moral issues that I've encountered in my life was disrespect. Disrespect for people who seem to be somehow different than the disrespecting person is - racism, homophobia, religion, financial situation, even a different clothing style seem to be a reason to dislike someone. It's a shame that there are still a lot of people in the world who think that they are somehow better than others and deserve a special treatment. We all live on the same planet, we all are made from the same flesh and blood, we all deserve the same equal respect for us. Equality and respect are a few of the examples that I wanted to show to the others, and being a beauty pageant creates a perfect opportunity to show it in action.

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims