View Single Post in: Foundations for Families Contest - Final Results Are In!

Top Secret Researcher
#185 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:22 AM
OK, so I promised myself this round, I wouldn't rush this house, and I wouldn't be the first to submit my entry like last time. But I so happened to have my entire evening free 2 days ago, and I just sat down and got to work. I made a promise.....

And well, I lied.

I had originally wanted to end with a BANG! and do something really different and make a prairie style house. My heart just sank when I saw the 4th foundation. Since the Prairie Style is Horizontally oriented, I could not build it. And on this foundation, even if I did, the balconies would take up countless space needed for the 4 bedrooms for the Lewis Family. After a bit of thought I settled on the Tudor Style. Although I love the style itself, I honestly had to clue how to build a Tudor House and make it Look Authentic. After a few hours of research and a gigantic waste of paper printing off hundreds of reference pictures to go off of, I created my 4th and Final Entry - Tudor is Better Than One Door (I loved it so much I had to give it a corny name.)

Here is the house:

This wonderful Tudor Style home, Is fully Landscaped and topped off with little pots of flowers on the openings in the fences.
The beams and plaster filled walls are not weight-bearing although the original Tudor style houses (Before weight-bearing walls) intended them to be. They are simply now for decoration.

The back of the house, complete with plenty of windows and a Brick wall, includes a wonderful secluded backyard hideaway, with a state-of-the-art grill, a pool, and a seating area.

The first story includes a living/dining area, a large kitchen, a master bedroom, and an en suite bathroom.

The warm living room is full of calm colors, countering the solid plaster and beams of wood on the walls. The cozy fireplace is a great place for Leanne to read.

On the upper level, there is the three daughters' bedrooms, a shared bathroom, and a large billiard room/library.

The billiard room is a great place for the family to hang out in, with plenty of space for Lorrie and Lara to challenge each other in a game of pool, and simply a treasure trove of first editions for Leanne to read. And luckily this keeps the kids entertained, as Layton and Lucinda relax downstairs by the fireplace or down by the pool.

Leanne's room is a yellow Victorian print, with a bookshelf and a chair on one side, and an easel on the other, where Leanne paints when not reading or writing. Behind us (not visible in the shot) is a loft bed, which underneath stands an antique desk on which Leanne writes. Interestingly enough, Leanne's room is the only bedroom without a TV, for she would rather read than watch it.

Lorrie's love for music stems into the very roots of her.... bedroom. With walls covered in records, posters, and neons, it is only topped off by her very own drum set and a set of electric guitars.

Lara's rooms was messy when the agent came by and she refused to let him take a picture (This is basically my haphazard and irrelevant excuse for putting in a picture of the game room instead of Lara's room)

Special Thanks: granthes for his OMSP
Buzzler for his scribbling pad.

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V