View Single Post in: Foundations for Families Contest - Final Results Are In!

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#257 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 10:39 PM
Ah, my entry for this round should be a lot better than it is - but I have so much work, and am sick now too, I think this is the best that I can do. I apologise for holding you all up, even if it was only for a day.

Round Four - The Montenegro Family
Raine Montenegro has always loved the ocean. The glisten of the water, the sound of the waves, the smell of salt, seaweed, and rat piss - it inspires her to great artistic heights (which is a good thing too, because her normal artistic plateau doesn't seem to sell all that well). When this simple little beach shack (Raine prefers the moniker "beach villa") came onto the market, Raine was absolutely thrilled, and promptly blew her life savings on it.

The house is small, but that doesn't bother Raine - after all, when you can explore whole universes in your imagination, who needs to be able to pee without their knees hitting the door? Well, yeah, something like that.

From the front, the house seems simple and unassuming, with just enough space for Raine's very "special" VW. Steps lead up to the house itself, with the studio separated from the main house by a breezy open-air walkway.

Inside, Raine's questionable grasp of personal finance makes itself known: the front door leads, to the left, to a tiny nook where Raine can relax on those (hopefully) rare occasions whereupon her creative juices congeal and get stuck in the bottle.

To the right is the kitchen and dining area, boldly decorated in true Raine fashion, and home to Raine's proudest work - Mischa, the giant, pink teddy bear. Art's not all about "deep" incomprehensible oblongs and wading through poppy seeds, you know!

Back through the hall and past the bathroom is Raine's bedroom, cosy and comfortable. Having never managed to meet another living soul who can commune with the fairies like she can, Raine is cheerfully anticipating many years of sleeping spread-eagle across that double bed - restricting one's body restricts the soul, you know.

Heading out the back door is the picturesque deck, and more importantly, Raine's studio. Spacious, airy, and with a beautiful view of the sea, Raine can happily spend hours at a time crafting magic out of random scraps in here - although she has an unfortunate habit of spending at least a few of those hours staring out of the window, lost in thought.

All in all, the world just doesn't get better, brighter, or more beautiful than life at Raine's villa.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.