View Single Post in: Building Blocks: A Foundation Challenge

Lab Assistant
#137 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 7:55 PM
Whew, finally finished this one. I went way outside my comfort zone and built a contemporary (with a bit of an industrial style) house in Lucky Palms. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Note: there are a few weird graphical artifacts on a couple of the screenshots. If ANYONE knows how to get rid of them (there are no actual objects there), let me know, and I'll retake the screenshots. It was super annoying. I did try saving to the library and replacing, using Twallan's mods to reset the lot, etc, to no avail.

This house is home to Bruce Cortland (a prominent architect), his daughter Lilly (spoiled teenager), and his new bride Michelle (2nd wife--a stylist). The color palettes of the house are all meant to blend in well with each other, with the exception of Lilly's room. Being a rebellious teenager, she wanted pink. The outside is largely xeriscaped with only a couple of small patches of lawn due to the desert atmosphere.

CC Used:

SookieLee for the roof
Lhonna for modern paintings
Ewelina20 for modern paintings
Sionelle for modern paintings
Armiel for cast yourself a painting
cmomoney for modern rugs
Pophyria for castable plants
OrangeMittens for curtains

I think everything else is from the game or the store (lots and lots from the store).

Hope you enjoy!