View Single Post in: Pleasantview Home Makeover Contest-Finished

Lab Assistant
#633 Old 3rd Nov 2012 at 11:59 AM
Default Lipe2k - Round 3 Entry - The Jones Family
Here's my round 3 entry, now at the right time =)

I've chosen the Jones Family:
Steve is a work-a-holic. But all work and no play make Steve a dull guy. So he needs a place where, when he has the time, he can relax and let loose. He likes a simple, yet tasteful look. Budget 40,000

At first I tried to use the Wilsons, but I din't like the room with balcony as a couple's bedroom, and I couldn't swallow a nursery in that room because of the balcony. What kind of parents would do something like that?

I see Steve as one of those guys who are always going to meetings and whose eyes are always looking at a smartphone screen, so when I designed his house, I wanted it to be a place where he could let loose and unwind, bring some friends over, but not get fully isolated from the world. I wanted to create a modern house with a warm atmosphere so there's a lot of wood and bright colors, and I used some stone and neutral tones to get a more masculine look. I've also had serious money issues, I had to get cheaper things and remove others but in the end I managed to stay in the budget, though I wish Steve were richer

So here it goes

EDIT: For some crazy reason my images are not appearing, must be some Imageshack issue. I've attached them to this post, thanks @MAB-2000 for letting me know