View Single Post in: Pleasantview Home Makeover Contest-Finished

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#1055 Old 6th Dec 2012 at 4:58 AM
Coming in under the wire - could you expect anything better from all the troubles I've been having with this family? I'm not even going to bother with going over their back story again. For latest update and a short recap, Tom is into sports, he's at the top of his track and both him and little Danny's OTH is sports. Sarah is into country deco which got twisted into Nature being her OTH and is also an Ecological Guru now. Since they took their own sweet time falling in love, their careers skyrocketed and they have money coming out of their ears. Which is a good thing because Sarah and Tom want another kid or two and the house they just moved into is already too small. I'd love to tell you that Sarah is already pregnant with twins, but I'm honestly too scared to try for it yet - knowing their past troubles. They purchased this cute cottage because it's near hiking trails for Sarah and they are testing out the new neighborhood. Their small one bedroom rowhouse apartment was in Desdirata and they've moved out to Bluewater to join the rest of the contest's families. They are still shopping around for that perfect large house. I'm thinking that Pleasantview Bin farm house perhaps?

Sarah's take on 'country' is contemporary country. She doesn't care for the old grannie look because she isn't one yet. She likes things simple and bright and even sometimes a bit mismatched. While Tom is seriously into sports, he doesn't really care much about decorating. Little Daniel is the one with the most noticeable taste here. His take on 'country' is 'King and Country' so his room is a kingdom where he fights dragons. He latched on to dragons early - before he could talk, so his word for 'dragon' and 'giraffe' is 'dira'. He hasn't really figured out they aren't the same animal, so his giraffes say 'rar'. Mom and Dad thought it was adorable, so they haven't discouraged it. The best parts of this house have to be all the fantastic toddler details. They love that he loves orange, Dad's favorite color. Mom likes teal, so their wedding colors were orange and teal.