View Single Post in: Editing Premade Worlds

Test Subject
#414 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 6:01 AM
Ok. After moving dccache files, it it to reinstall the world. And after ALOT of research, found the CORRECT way to do this:

Create a blank test world in CAW- size large, height 300. Call it Test.world.

Go to Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds and copy the Test folder to your desktop. Open Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds\ Test.world in S3Pe, and find resources UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E. Right click those, export to file and choose your desktop.

Now you have three files on your desktop, Test folder and the UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E resources.

Find your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World. Copy it to your desktop. Now, rename the Test folder to the same name as your world, for example Bridgeport. (Don't put the .world but there, just the name).

Now, open your packed world file, for example Bridgeport.World, in S3Pe. Resource> Import> From file and select your two exported resources, UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E, from your desktop. Tick the 'overwrite' and 'compress' boxes in the import dialogue box.

... also in this step I've deleted UNKN 0x296A6258 and WPID 0xF609FD60 Resources.

File> Save your world in S3Pe.

Discard the UNK 0x0477BD6A and UNK 0x0498DA7E files from your desktop, we don't need them any more. Also delete the Test.World file from Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Put your world file and your world folder, for example Bridgeport.World and Bridgeport folder, into Documents\ Electronic Arts\ The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\ UserToolData\ Worlds.

Open CAW, and see if your world will now open.

I took all these steps using @simsample's method described above (with one exception I've been working with Egypt.world). :D

Now is the next steps I've took:

Save as (in CAW giving a new specific Name) and exit the CAW.

Make sure you've Game and CAW cache are cleared ( I actually do this every single time )

Open CAW go to File-> Open your world again (the new named one) go to EIG,
in EIG mode select edit town option and save it. Exit the CAW and Clear the cache in game and CAW.

Open CAW go to File-> Open your world again, go to 'global layers' and give the new (yes I know again :D) name, description and the thumbnail picture to your world and save it. Exit the CAW.

Open CAW go to File-> and select the export world option.