View Single Post in: Veronaville Home Makeover Contest- We are finished!

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#200 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 8:10 AM
Default Application
Well, wasn't that fun nerve-racking! I had spent a long weekend away from my computer and I come home to find there are only 3 spots left! I just spent the last 9 hours putting this house together. As I'm uploading it, I believe I'm the last, and I'm scared someone else is going to hit the 'Submit' button mere seconds before I do! I'm also feeling guilty that I'm going to do just that to someone else!

I'm pretty happy with how my house turned out, but I'd have liked to have more time decorating it. I'm also thinking this will be quite a challenge not to reuse all my same CC for each of the houses. This is just the type of creative challenge I'm looking for right now.

I'm envisioning this house for a slightly more well to do family (they have indoor plumbing!). In addition to the lower lever bathroom, there are wash basins and (working) chamber pots in both bedrooms. The fireplace works as a stove and the cabinet next to it is a fridge. They have a spare bedroom downstairs for overnight guests or perhaps an elderly relative. Someone in the house enjoys painting, (I think it's the oldest child, a teen girl), chess is a favorite between the father and the eldest son, and mother has both her own sewing machine and a spinning wheel. This family does not have a garden, nor spends much time outside - they are higher class than that.