View Single Post in: Veronaville Home Makeover Contest- We are finished!

Field Researcher
#430 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 5:57 PM
For this round, I chose the Winters family... I figured that the double house was perfect for this family, Edna could be close but still have her own place.

The main house - where Josh, Lara and Conrad (their newborn) live - has a more contemporary feel. The kitchen is stylish and the downstairs area is perfect for Josh and Lara; both can't stand the television and would must rather spend the evening reading or playing a nice game of chess.

Upstairs, bright colours liven up the simply decorated bedrooms.

Edna's house, however, has a more traditional feel. She moved in once Josh and Lara had already renovated the outside, so the windows - whilst not perfectly in-keeping with her more traditional tastes - have to stay (for the time being.) It has its own kitchenette so she can prepare her own food, but she'll still pop over to Josh's every now and again to see what he's cooking.

Edna loves to watch television, so has it conveniently placed in her room so she can just toddle off to bed after staying up late watching a murder mystery or wrestling. Her shelves contain some of her most precious pictures and possessions, including the 1965 Big City Bowl silver trophy (...Edna still maintains she was robbed 1st place. If it wasn't for that 7/10 split.)

Edna's bathroom has gold accents - only the best for Edna, of course.

The garden has a growing area ready for Josh to start growing his crops, and there's plenty of room for Conrad to crawl around. Lara is desperate to install a basketball hoop so that she can teach Conrad how to play her favourite sport, but he's a little too young at the moment. All in good time, Lara
Screenshots

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉