View Single Post in: Groundwork: A TS3 Foundation Challenge -- Final Scores Posted; Thanks for Playing!

Old 1st Sep 2013 at 1:37 AM
Default Gramayre - Round 3 Entry
Gramayre

An *interesting* foundation, but a fun one I thought. Like the others, there were a few facedesk moments and the one I hate most is when you're happily trying to get exterior shots (before playtesting the interior) that bloody Uni Mascot shows up and steals your daylight hours! The Guardian of the house had to be quite rude to get rid of the furry coated, cheering loon. That said, here is my entry for round III

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was, is lost, for none now live who remember it..."
Gramayre, a long forgotten cottage full of magic and history. Built many years ago, some say by the Elves, to house the sacred Seeing Spring of Gramarye, hidden within plain sight under the eyes of Man, yet guarded by a same family since time out of mind, the Spring was said to hold the secret of all Things. Of course no one believes that fairy tale nonsense these days, do they? The house itself cares not for the day to day concerns of life, all things a mortal would require for living there are in place, but the house itself exists only as a shell for the Spring. Not overtly Elven to the eyes of a careless mortal, but there are signs for those with the eyes to see that what exists here is old and powerful.

Gramarye - Front and Rear

Required Shots - from the roof to the foundation

The Seeing Spring and it's Guardian

The house and garden tour

Custom Content

No paid content (as in TSR) was used in the making of this lot.
CFE used in the Seeing Spring area and the staircase in the house. A small portion of 'deck' was used in the build to support the Elven wall overlays, but this was for decoration only and provide no extra living space whatsoever.
Lot inspired by Hekate999's Elven Set, J. R. R. Tolkien and the novel 'The Magic Cottage' by the late, great James Herbert.