View Single Post in: Trading Spaces - Sims Edition (TS2 and TS3)

Mad Poster
#244 Old 1st May 2014 at 8:19 PM
Here is the furnished version of Loser's Shell
Object: Grand Parlour Chess Table (if only I could find one of these in the real world! )
Colors: Burgundy/Red, Pale Green, Brown
Style: "Victorian, maybe modern Victorian"- well, I'm not sure what "modern Victorian" is, and when I consulted the modern Oracle at Delphi (Google), all I saw was either traditional Victorian, or modern interiors that had no Victorian quality whatsoever, and just throwing a TV into this room wouldn't exactly fix that, so this is mostly traditional Victorian- it has an electric ceiling fan... I suppose that would have been modern in the actual Victorian era...

My internet is pathetically, excruciatingly slow at the house I'm in now, so I made a copy of the shell instead of downloading it- it should be 100% accurate, unless I put the windows up backwards (don't think I did though). I have tried several variations on the furnished version, and this one was the only one that actually felt "Victorian" to me- the right balance of clutter and space, antiques and artworks, etc. I'd also started by going down the traditional path with Victorian designs, of trying to make it dark, stuffy, and almost haunted-house-esque, before I realized that "who would actually want to live in a place like that?" After that, I decided to go for a lighter, airier Victorian style, as much a solarium feel as a living room- hence, lots of greenery, white marble molding and baseboards, and against the back wall, built-in whitewashed bookshelves with corinthian edging, and a massive mirror, making the room appear larger and more inviting than it would otherwise (old interior design trick I love for smaller rooms!).

Looking at the pictures, it might seem as though some things would be inaccessible, but thanks to judicious use of the "snapobjectstogrid false" cheat, EVERYTHING that can be interacted with is accessible- I built this lot with a Sim on it (so I had someone to make flower arrangements for me), and John Doe hasn't ever complained about not being able to reach things! (if anyone knows a trick to placing things like flower arrangements or pottery wheel creations WITHOUT a Sim, pleasepleaseplease tell me!) As far as colors, I've used all three in one fashion or another- Pale green can be found on the sofa against the back wall (I've never used that color option before, but I actually really like how it works here!), the dark red is found in the two winged armchairs, and the brown can be found in the floor or ceiling- both have plenty of different brown hues, though I think the closest one is the darker brown in the carpet.

No CC whatsoever, as I still don't believe in CC! Still, I can't upload the lot for you all- since John Doe spent so long living there, I'm sure he's imbued everything with his evil, game-corrupting presence... sorry! Loser, you're more than welcome to copy it from the pictures if you like what I've done with it!

And now for pictures!

Screenshots