View Single Post in: Trading Spaces - Sims Edition (TS2 and TS3)

Field Researcher
#515 Old 22nd May 2014 at 12:14 AM
@Zarathustra I'm sorry I gave you such a hard time with my shell. But I love surprises and you really surprised me here, because that style sure wasn't what I expected when creating the shell, so I'd say you've done a great job. And I'm nearly sorry I didn't give you an 1850's compatible object, because I'm curious what you'd have done with it. Especially without CC.

And now on to my own entry for this round:

I recieved karen_lorraine's shell which had to be decorated in a Modern Contemporary Style. Colours chosen were Teal, Dark Brown and Cream and the object to be included was the Musee Public Collection Sculpture.

I kind of had a hard time with my shell, too (like most people this round it seems ). Kitchens are not my strong point and I hardly ever built a modern house. But after much trial and error, I finally created something decent (I hope). I know that the brown hues I used are not perfectly matching the colour in Karen's swatch, but it is astonishingly difficult to find nice and mostly free modern kitchen sets, not to mention in a specific colour. I went with what I could find and there are cream (wall, fridge, clutter), teal (wall) and some shades of dark brown (floor, counter), so I hope it's alright.

~tadaaa~ And yes, kitchen really seem to make me go crazy with clutter.

I even managed to smuggle a few books in there. But I also managed not to take a nice photo of the shelf above the stairs, so you can't see them.
Screenshots

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal