View Single Post in: Sunset Valley Home Makeover Contest

Theorist
#102 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:49 PM
Default Application Round 1
The Martinez Family
Ok first off I just want to say this my first competition, and I just realized the paragraph I typed as a preface to the home, I apologize lol.

Juan and Maria Martinez, married at 18, had initially struggled when entering the real world. Juan, came from a very poor Spanish family that struggled to keep food on the table, but their value of family kept them strong, and trying to find the American Dream, however Juan's mother made it certain that even if they were to find the American Dream they would never forget where they had come from. Maria came from a rather higher class family, although not technically rich, they were well-off, however money was nothing but a number in the Gomez household, as family is what kept them together, and Maria's father was in the Spanish Mafia. Maria had met Juan at a school, and knew she had found her future husband, however Maria's father did not approve of the relationship and had forbidden Maria to ever seen Juan again. Ignoring her father, Maria sneaked out every night, to meetup with Juan, however one night, Juan said he couldn't deal with their relationship being so secretive and he had wanted to take it to the next level. Maria had agreed, and on her 18th birthday, Maria and Juan decided that this was their time, and had ran-away, they were married and living in the outskirts of Bridgeport, attempting their way into the big city. It wasn't until Maria had gotten pregnant with their first child, Jose, that they had realized that the city was not meant for them, however money would not allow them. Juan and Maria made a determination to save up and move out of Bridgeport. After 6 years Maria and Juan had successfully saved up 50,000 dollars, however, Maria had once again fallen pregnant with Selena, and many of the funds went towards the pregnancy. Juan and Maria then sat down and made it a set in stone plan, that by Jose's 16th birthday, the family of four, would be up and out of Bridgeport and be living elsewhere. Ten years had passed and Maria and Juan had successfully managed to save up 75,000 dollars worth towards a new home. They looked for countless hours and days, for the perfect house with the perfect representation of family and culture until they had found "El Urban Sprawl" in Sunset Valley for a meer 17,689 dollars. It was in the perfect part of town, and was exactly what the family needed, from it's Spanish influence to the included pool. However, it would be a year or two before they could move in so they could do some much needed renovations. After a year of renovations Juan, Maria, Jose, and Selena had found themselves not only a new home, but news of two members soon to be joining the family. Juan and Maria quickly ordered for a twin-sized nursery to be built in the house with easy access to everything else. After years of hard work and determination, The Martinez found themselves a home for generations to come.

A wacky family photo, for a family-loving family, with the new casa in the background.

This was a true challenge, I had to google, and find so much inspiration to build this house! Spanish architecture was hard to portray with such limited abilities, but the interior wasn't as hard, I guess. I just hope I got it right. Thanks for the challenge Blake!