View Single Post in: Sunset Valley Home Makeover Contest

Scholar
#355 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 6:24 AM
Default Round 3 - Martinez Family

Juan Martinez is a popular mystery novelist, and an avid reader. He’s very active in the community,
and attends every council meeting. He’s only recently been naturalized – he’s originally from Spain.
He met Maria at an ESL class. She was volunteering there as a teacher.

Maria is the high school science teacher. She has a double bachelors in literature and sociology,
and a masters in education. She was thinking about going after that doctorate, but it turns out she’s pregnant…with twins – boys.

Both of their children are bright students. Their son has been on the honor roll since his freshman year, and is looking at MIT.

Notes:

1. Since I saw no rule against it, I closed off the original entry with a fence,
and made the door on the right side of the building the new entry.

2. I know I will be losing one point – I added a wall near the front entrance.
I used Luna’s arches (which are really columns) and they weren’t meeting quite right
in that one corner, so I put a wall in there to soften the turn.

3. And I think I will be losing a second point, too - I couldn’t remember if putting arches in a wall was kosher.
I knew doors were verboten. So, I put an arch to one of the garages, and let the Martinez boy move in there.
Then I used screens for a visual barrier inside the room.
He likes the privacy. Of course, he has to trek up the stairs to use the bathroom.
Dad says they’re not building a new one till after the babies are born,
so Maria won’t have to deal with the stress.